- Evaluation of the ultrasonic dissector in thyroid surgery. A prospective randomised studyTh Defechereux
Department of Endocrine and Transplant Surgery, CHU Sart Tilman, B 35, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 103:274-7. 2003..This prospective randomised study was performed in order to evaluate the efficacy, security and cost of using the ultrasonic hook in thyroid surgery...
- The inferior non recurrent laryngeal nerve: a major surgical risk during thyroidectomyT Defechereux
Department of Transplant and Endocrine Surgery, CHU du Sart Tilman, University of Liege, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 100:62-7. 2000..Given the absence of reliable clinical symptoms and signs or investigations indicating preoperatively the possibility of a non recurrent nerve, guidelines are given to prevent intraoperatively this major surgical risk...
- [Recent advances in breast cancer surgery: the sentinel-node biopsy technique]T Defechereux
Service de Chirurgie Générale et Endocrine, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgique
Rev Med Liege 62:410-3. 2007..The technique, detailed in this paper, is robust, safe and widely used today. Nevertheless it is not always well understood, and is in constant evolution regarding both the technique and the interpretation of its results...
- Sentinel lymph node procedure: unanswered questionsT Defechereux
Ulg Liege Dpt of Surgery
Acta Chir Belg 107:257-62. 2007
- [Hemostasis and ultrasonic shears for thyroid surgery]T Defechereux
Département de Chirurgie Endocrine et Transplantation, CHU de Sart Tilman, B35, 4000 Liege, Belgique
Ann Chir 131:154-6. 2006..A comparative study performed in 2000 and more recent data confirm the advantage of the new device in terms of operative time saving...
- Hypnoanesthesia for endocrine cervical surgery: a statement of practiceT Defechereux
Department of Surgery, University of Liege, Belgium T
J Altern Complement Med 5:509-20. 1999..To assess the feasibility of endocrine cervical surgery under hypnoanesthesia as a valuable, safe, efficient, and economic alternative to general anesthesia...
- Iatrogenic thyrotoxicosis. Causal circumstances, pathophysiology and principles of treatment. Review of the literatureM Meurisse
Department of Endocrine Surgery and Transplantation, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Liege, B35, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 101:257-66. 2001..Surgical treatment may have a leading yet often underestimated role in view of the potential life-threatening severity of this disease, whereas others kinds of iatrogenic thyrotoxicosis are usually treated conservatively...
- Iatrogenic thyrotoxicosis: causal circumstances, pathophysiology, and principles of treatment-review of the literatureM Meurisse
Department of Endocrine Surgery and Transplantation, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Liege, B35, Domaine Universitaire du Sart Tilman, 4000 Liege, Belgium
World J Surg 24:1377-85. 2000..Surgical treatment may have a leading yet often underestimated role in view of the potential life-threatening severity of this disease, whereas others kinds of iatrogenic thyrotoxicosis are usually treated conservatively...
- Adrenal ganglioneuroma. A neoplasia to exclude in patients with adrenal incidentalomaS Maweja
Department of Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital, Liege, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 107:670-4. 2007..To determinate the MRI and CT scanning appearance of adrenal ganglioneuroma and correlate the imaging with histological features...
- New challenges in the treatment of early breast cancer or surgery for early breast cancer ... can less be more?M Meurisse
Department of Endocrine, Breast and Transplant Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire du Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 102:97-109. 2002....
- Surgical management of adrenal tumours. Lessons from a 10 years personal experienceN Kotzampassakis
Department of Endocrine Surgery, , CHU Sart-Tilman, , Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 105:156-60. 2005..In our institution, it has become the gold standard technique for the resection of adrenal tumours, except for those suspected or proven malignant...
- [Ultrasonic scalpel in thyroid surgery]C Coimbra
Service de Chirurgie abdominale, sénologique, Endocrine et de Transplantation, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgique
Rev Med Liege 62:83-5. 2007..Finally, the results of 1696 total thyroidectomies performed with the use of the ultrasonic dissector will be briefly outlined...
- Right hepatic lobectomy as a liver graft-saving procedureP Honore
Department of Liver Surgery and Transplantation, University of Liege, University Hospital Sart Tilman, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Liver Transpl 7:269-73. 2001..We conclude that RHL can be considered a graft-saving option in selected liver transplant recipients with localized biliary strictures, with excellent patient and graft survival...