Laurence de Leval
- CD28-B7 costimulatory blockade by CTLA4Ig delays the development of retrovirus-induced murine AIDSL de Leval
Laboratory of Pathology, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
J Virol 72:5285-90. 1998..Relative expression of Du5H did not differ between treated and untreated animals. These results suggest that the CD28/B7 costimulatory pathway contributes to MAIDS development...
- The gene expression profile of nodal peripheral T-cell lymphoma demonstrates a molecular link between angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma (AITL) and follicular helper T (TFH) cellsLaurence de Leval
Department of Pathology, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Sart Tilman, Tour de Pathologie 1, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Blood 109:4952-63. 2007..Our findings strongly support that T(FH) cells represent the normal counterpart of AITL, and suggest that the AITL spectrum may be wider than suspected, as a subset of CD30(-) PTCLs-u may derive from or be related to AITL...
- T-cell/histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphoma associated with a near-tetraploid karyotype and complex genetic abnormalitiesLaurence de Leval
Department of Pathology, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
APMIS 114:474-8. 2006....
- Use of histone deacetylase 8 (HDAC8), a new marker of smooth muscle differentiation, in the classification of mesenchymal tumors of the uterusLaurence de Leval
Department of Pathology, Center for Experimental Cancer Research, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Am J Surg Pathol 30:319-27. 2006..Thus, HDAC8 detection may be useful in helping the differential diagnosis of uterine mesenchymal tumors...
- Hodgkin's lymphoma presenting as a bladder tumourLaurence de Leval
Department of Pathology CHU Sart-Tilman Tour de Pathologie, , Belgium
Haematologica 91:ECR03. 2006
- Scary but benign. Follicular lymphoid hyperplasiaLaurence de Leval
Department of Pathology, C.H.U. Sart Tilman, , Belgium
Int J Surg Pathol 16:65. 2008
- Molecular classification of T-cell lymphomasLaurence de Leval
The Pathology Department, CHU Sart Tilman, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 72:125-43. 2009..In PTCL, not otherwise specified (PTCL, NOS), novel molecular biomarkers of potential therapeutic interest have been recently identified...
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphomas and burkitt lymphomaLaurence de Leval
Department of Pathology, CHU Sart Tilman, Institute of Pathology, Liege, Belgium
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 23:791-827. 2009..In particular, the diagnostic and therapeutic problems related to neoplasms with features intermediate between DLBCL and BL will be discussed...
- Distinct clonal origin in two cases of Hodgkin's lymphoma variant of Richter's syndrome associated With EBV infectionLaurence de Leval
Department of Pathology, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Am J Surg Pathol 28:679-86. 2004....
- Variability in immunophenotype in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and its clinical relevanceL de Leval
Department of Pathology, C H U of Liège, Belgium
Histopathology 43:509-28. 2003..This review summarizes these studies in regard to their clinical significance and in the light of recent advances in our understanding of the molecular pathology and histogenesis of DLBCL...
- Gastric collision between a papillotubular adenocarcinoma and a gastrinoma in a patient with Zollinger-Ellison syndromeLaurence de Leval
Department of Pathology, CHU of Liege, Sart Tilman, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Virchows Arch 441:462-5. 2002..The unusual macroscopical, histological, and immunohistochemical features of this case and its specific clinical setting are discussed...
- Malignant solitary fibrous tumor of the pleura: report of a case with cytogenetic analysisLaurence de Leval
Department of Pathology, C H U Sart Tilman, Tour de Pathologie, B23, 1, 4000, Liege, Belgium
Virchows Arch 442:388-92. 2003..Demonstration of a recurrent abnormal karyotype largely supports its relevance to the malignant clone and suggests a role of supernumerary chromosome(s) 8 in the determinism of malignant behavior in SFT...
- Establishment and characterisation of two novel human KSHV- and EBV-negative Burkitt cell lines, GAL-01 and GAL-02, from a primary lymphomatous effusionCaroline Thielen
Department of Pathology, , Liege, Belgium
Eur J Haematol 77:318-26. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: GAL-01 and GAL-02, two novel EBV-negative human BL cell lines represent a potentially useful experimental model to study the biology of BL possibly including the resistance to chemotherapy...
- Report of two cases of gastric cancer after bariatric surgery: lymphoma of the bypassed stomach after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass and gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) after vertical banded gastroplastyArnaud De Roover
Department of Abdominal Surgery and Transplantation, CHU, ULg, Domaine du Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Obes Surg 16:928-31. 2006..Based on the few reports of cancer in the literature, analysis of these cases suggests that the main risk of gastric cancer after bariatric surgery comes from the delayed diagnosis of malignancy...
- The prevention of spontaneous apoptosis of follicular lymphoma B cells by a follicular dendritic cell line: involvement of caspase-3, caspase-8 and c-FLIPJean Jacques Goval
Department of Pathology, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Haematologica 93:1169-77. 2008..The aim of our study was to characterize the spontaneous apoptosis of follicular lymphoma cells in vitro, and the modulation of this apoptosis by follicular dendritic cells...
- Characterization of an antibody panel for immunohistochemical analysis of canine muscle cellsStephanie Gofflot
Department of Pathology, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 125:225-33. 2008..5). This antibody panel may be useful not only for the evaluation of cell-based therapies in muscle disorders, but also for the evaluation of canine soft tissue neoplasms in veterinary pathology...
- Hyperacute graft rejection during heart transplantation for giant cell myocarditis: a case reportEugene Mutijima
Department of Pathology, CHU Sart Tilman, University of Liege, Belgium
Pathol Res Pract 206:411-4. 2010..This case raises the questions of the need for intensive immunosuppressive therapy before transplantation in giant cell myocarditis and of the management of patients with positive cross-match in the context of a giant cell myocarditis...
- Diverse phenotypic profile of uterine tumors resembling ovarian sex cord tumors: an immunohistochemical study of 12 casesLaurence de Leval
Department of Pathology, C H U Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1749-61. 2010..Our study aimed to delineate the immunophenotype of these tumors and to verify whether their morphology reflects true sex cord-like differentiation...
- Primary mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma of the gallbladder: report of a case harboring API2/MALT1 gene fusionBettina Bisig
Department of Pathology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire du Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Hum Pathol 40:1504-9. 2009....
- Identification of stromal proteins overexpressed in nodular sclerosis Hodgkin lymphomaPhilippe Kischel
Metastasis Research Laboratory, GIGA Cancer, University of Liege, Bat, B23, CHU Sart Tilman Liege, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Proteome Sci 9:63. 2011..These proteins were validated by immunohistochemistry on a larger series of biopsy samples, and bear the potential to become targets for antibody-based anti-cancer therapies...
- Advances in the understanding and management of angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphomaLaurence de Leval
Department of Pathology, CHU Sart Tilman, University of Liege, Institute of Pathology, Belgium
Br J Haematol 148:673-89. 2010..In this respect, efforts will be needed to evaluate promising innovative therapies in prospective clinical trials...
- Transmission of an undiagnosed sarcoma to recipients of kidney and liver grafts procured in a non-heart beating donorOlivier Detry
Department of Abdominal Surgery, University of Liege, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Liver Transpl 11:696-9. 2005..The management of liver graft recipients is very difficult in this setting, and long-term survival was very rarely reported...
- Lung interstitial macrophages alter dendritic cell functions to prevent airway allergy in miceDenis Bedoret
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, GIGA Research, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
J Clin Invest 119:3723-38. 2009....
- Raloxifene-induced myeloma cell apoptosis: a study of nuclear factor-kappaB inhibition and gene expression signatureSabine Olivier
Department of Rheumatology, Center for Biomedical Integrative Genoproteomics, University of Liege, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Sart Tilman, Belgium
Mol Pharmacol 69:1615-23. 2006..These findings also provide a transcriptional profile of raloxifene treatment on multiple myeloma cells, offering the framework for future studies of selective estrogen receptor modulators therapy in multiple myeloma...
- Pharmacological characterization of N-tert-butyl-N'-[2-(4'-methylphenylamino)-5-nitrobenzenesulfonyl]urea (BM-573), a novel thromboxane A2 receptor antagonist and thromboxane synthase inhibitor in a rat model of arterial thrombosis and its effects on bleeJean Michel Dogne
Natural and Synthetic Drug Research Center, University of Liege, Belgium
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 309:498-505. 2004..Moreover, BM-573 lost the diuretic property of torasemide and has no impact on glycemia...
- Expression of histone deacetylase 8, a class I histone deacetylase, is restricted to cells showing smooth muscle differentiation in normal human tissuesDavid Waltregny
Metastasis Research Laboratory, Pathology Building, Bat B23, Level 1, CHU Sart Tilman Liege, B 4000 Liege 1, Belgium
Am J Pathol 165:553-64. 2004....
- An improved protocol for efficient engraftment in NOD/LTSZ-SCIDIL-2Rγnull mice allows HIV replication and development of anti-HIV immune responsesManeesh Singh
Immunology and infectious diseases unit GIGA I3, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
PLoS ONE 7:e38491. 2012..We believe that NSG mice reconstituted according to our easy to use protocol will provide a better in vivo model for HIV-1 replication and anti-HIV-1 therapy trials...
- TARC and IL-5 expression correlates with tissue eosinophilia in peripheral T-cell lymphomasCaroline Thielen
Department of Pathology, CHU of Liege, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Leuk Res 32:1431-8. 2008..Our data indicate that IL-5 and TARC expression highly correlate with eosinophilia in T-cell lymphomas, suggesting that these chemokines are involved in the recruitment of eosinophils into the tumors...
- Germinal center dendritic cells express more ICAM-1 than extrafollicular dendritic cells and ICAM-1/LFA-1 interactions are involved in the capacity of dendritic cells to induce PBMCs proliferationJean-Jacques Goval
Department of Pathology, CHU Sart-Tilman, B23 Tour de Pathologie, , Belgium
J Histochem Cytochem 54:75-84. 2006....
- Early inflammation in the airways of a cystic fibrosis foetusCatherine Verhaeghe
Department of Human Genetics, Center for Biomedical Integrative Genoproteomics CBIG, University of Liege, CHU Sart Tilman B35, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Cyst Fibros 6:304-8. 2007..Our findings suggest therefore the existence of an early intrinsic pro-inflammatory state in cystic fibrosis airways...
- Identification of specific reachable molecular targets in human breast cancer using a versatile ex vivo proteomic methodVincent Castronovo
Metastasis Research Laboratory, Center for Experimental Cancer Research, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Proteomics 7:1188-96. 2007..Overall, this powerful technology may lay the ground not only for custom-made therapies in cancer, but also for the development of therapies that need to be selectively delivered in a specific tissue...
- New biomarkers in T-cell lymphomasBettina Bisig
Department of Pathology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 25:13-28. 2012..Deregulated molecules within oncogenic pathways (NF-κB, Syk, PDGFRα) and immunoreactive cell-surface antigens (CD30, CD52) have been brought to the fore as potential targets for guiding the development of novel therapies...
- Deletion (6)(p22p25) is a recurrent anomaly of thymoma: report of a second case and review of the literatureChristian Herens
Department of Human Genetics, University of Liege, Tour de Pathologie, B23 Sart Tilman, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 146:66-9. 2003..Both patients presented with benign tumors. These data suggest that partial deletion of the short arm of chromosome 6 is a nonrandom change associated with benign thymomas...
- Adrenal ganglioneuromaSylvie Maweja
Department of Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital, Domaine Universitaire du Sart Tilman B35, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Am J Surg 194:683-4. 2007..Pathological examination after adrenalectomy concluded it was an adrenal ganglioneuroma. We studied the characteristics of adrenal ganglioneuroma...
- Activation of the thromboxane A2 pathway in human prostate cancer correlates with tumor Gleason score and pathologic stageThibaut Dassesse
Metastasis Research Laboratory, Center of Experimental Cancer Research, , , Belgium
Eur Urol 50:1021-31; discussion 1031. 2006..Our study is the first to examine simultaneously all key proteins involved in this pathway including TXA(2) receptors and results suggest that the TXA(2) pathway may be a potential target for PCa prevention/therapy...
- Quantitative immunohistochemical fingerprinting of adhesion/growth-regulatory galectins in salivary gland tumours: divergent profiles with diagnostic potentialMyriam Remmelink
Department of Pathology, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Brussels, Belgium
Histopathology 58:543-56. 2011..This study tests the hypothesis that histopathological fingerprinting of galectins, which are emerging multifunctional effectors in cell sociology, could refine the differential diagnosis of salivary tumours...
- An unusual uterine tumor with signet ring cell featuresRossella Sarro
Institute of Pathology, Multidisciplinary Oncology Centre, Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Gynecol Pathol 31:236-41. 2012..This exceptional case exemplifies a diagnostically challenging situation and expands the differential diagnosis of uterine neoplasms displaying signet ring cell morphology...
- Bovine herpesvirus 4 induces apoptosis of human carcinoma cell lines in vitro and in vivoLaurent Gillet
Department of Infectious and Parasitic Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, , , Belgium
Cancer Res 65:9463-72. 2005..Moreover, further identification of BoHV-4 proapoptotic gene(s) and the cellular pathways targeted by this or these gene(s) could lead to the design of new cancer therapeutic strategies...
- BM-573 inhibits the development of early atherosclerotic lesions in Apo E deficient mice by blocking TP receptors and thromboxane synthaseCéline Cherdon
Department of Cardiovascular Research, University of Liege, Belgium
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 94:124-32. 2011..Our results show that a molecule combining receptor antagonism and thromboxane synthase inhibition is more efficient in delaying atherosclerosis in Apo E(-/-) mice than sole inhibition of TXA(2) formation...
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of bone: an analysis of differentiation-associated antigens with clinical correlationLaurence de Leval
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, 02114, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 27:1269-77. 2003..0046). In conclusion, a GC-like immunophenotype characterizes roughly half of large B-cell lymphomas of bone and is associated with an improved survival...
- The molecular signature of mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma differs from that of other diffuse large B-cell lymphomas and shares features with classical Hodgkin lymphomaKerry J Savage
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 102:3871-9. 2003..In almost all cases, c-REL was localized to the nucleus, consistent with activation of the NF-kappa B pathway. These studies identify a molecular link between MLBCL and cHL and a shared survival pathway...
- NFkappaB activity, function, and target-gene signatures in primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma subtypesFriedrich Feuerhake
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 106:1392-9. 2005..In this large series of primary MLBCLs and DLBCLs, NFkappaB activation was not associated with amplification of the cREL locus, suggesting alternative pathogenetic mechanisms...
- BCL-6 expression predicts improved survival in patients with primary central nervous system lymphomaKristina M Braaten
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:1063-9. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: In this group of 33 patients with PCNSL, expression of BCL-6 was significantly associated with longer overall survival. BCL-6 warrants further investigation as a potentially important prognostic marker in this disease...
- Primary extramedullary plasmacytoma: similarities with and differences from multiple myeloma revealed by interphase cytogeneticsKarin Bink
Institutes of Pathology, Helmholtz Center Munich, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Oberschleissheim, Germany
Haematologica 93:623-6. 2008..However, the distribution of IGH translocation partners, with the notable absence of t(11;14), is different. Key words: extramedullary plasmacytoma, multiple myeloma, cytogenetics, IGH translocation, fluorescence in situ hybridization...
- High frequency of JAZF1-JJAZ1 gene fusion in endometrial stromal tumors with smooth muscle differentiation by interphase FISH detectionEsther Oliva
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1277-84. 2007..Our results indicate that the detection of this chromosomal abnormality can be used to diagnose ESTs with smooth muscle differentiation when the smooth muscle component is predominant...
- Association between Epstein-Barr virus and Hodgkin's lymphoma in Belgium: a pathological and virological studyMounir Trimeche
Department of Pathology, CHU Farhat Hached of Sousse, Sousse, Tunisia
Leuk Lymphoma 48:1323-31. 2007..6%) EBV-positive cHL cases, and in 41.7% of reactive tonsil samples. This variant did not correlate with any clinical or pathological feature. The EBV strain was type A in all cHL and reactive samples...
- [Prevalence of Epstein-Barr virus in non-Hodgkin's lymphomas in central region of Tunisia]Mounir Trimeche
Laboratoire d'Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, CHU Farhat Hached, 4000 Sousse, Tunisia
Ann Pathol 25:95-102. 2005..03). In conclusion, the prevalence of EBV in Tunisian non-Hodgkin's lymphomas is low but variable depending on the histological type and anatomical location with a predilection for small intestine and nasal lymphomas...
- Plasmablastic lymphoma in HIV-positive patients: an aggressive Epstein-Barr virus-associated extramedullary plasmacytic neoplasmHenry Y Dong
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:1633-41. 2005..We conclude that most plasmacytic tumors in HIV-positive individuals are extramedullary, clinically aggressive EBV(+) tumors identical to plasmablastic lymphoma that does not have the clinical features of plasma cell myeloma...
- Report of a case of Streptococcus agalactiae mycotic aneurysm and review of the literatureKavitha Chandrikakumari
Department of Infectious Diseases, Center Hospitalier Universitaire de Ligeg, Ligeg, Belgium
Int J Surg Pathol 16:314-9. 2008..Sixteen months after stopping the antibiotics, the patient is doing well, and the control imaging studies are satisfactory...
- Cyclin D1-negative mantle cell lymphoma with cryptic t(12;14)(p13;q32) and cyclin D2 overexpressionChristian Herens
Blood 111:1745-6. 2008
- Primary follicular lymphoma of the small intestine: alpha4beta7 expression and immunoglobulin configuration suggest an origin from local antigen-experienced B cellsRichard J Bende
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 162:105-13. 2003..The combined data suggests that primary FL of the small intestine is a distinct entity that originates from local antigen-responsive B cells...