- Das K, Beans C, Holsbeek L, Mauger G, Berrow S, Rogan E, et al. Marine mammals from northeast Atlantic: relationship between their trophic status as determined by delta13C and delta15N measurements and their trace metal concentrations. Mar Environ Res. 2003;56:349-65 pubmed..Combined stable isotope and trace metal analyses appear to be useful tools for the study of marine mammal ecology. ..
- Das K, De Groof A, Jauniaux T, Bouquegneau J. Zn, Cu, Cd and Hg binding to metallothioneins in harbour porpoises Phocoena phocoena from the southern North Sea. BMC Ecol. 2006;6:2 pubmed..We demonstrated that increasing hepatic Zn concentration led to an increase in Zn linked to MTs, suggesting that these small proteins take over the Zn overload linked to the poor body condition of debilitated harbour porpoises. ..
- Dyc C, Far J, Gandar F, Poulipoulis A, Greco A, Eppe G, et al. Toxicokinetics of selenium in the slider turtle, Trachemys scripta. Ecotoxicology. 2016;25:727-44 pubmed publisher..e. SP8) followed by an elimination period of 4 weeks (i.e. EP4). Six turtles from each turtle group (i.e. control, SeMet1 and SeMet2) were sacrifice at each collection time, from T1 to T12. At T0, four turtles were sacrificed. ..
- Das K, Dupont A, De Pauw Gillet M, Debier C, Siebert U. Absence of selenium protection against methylmercury toxicity in harbour seal leucocytes in vitro. Mar Pollut Bull. 2016;108:70-6 pubmed publisher..To conclude, our results clearly demonstrated that MeHg affected in vitro immune cells exposure with no protective effects of selenium at a molar ratio Hg:Se of 1:10 in harbour seals from the North Sea. ..
- Das K, Malarvannan G, Dirtu A, Dulau V, Dumont M, Lepoint G, et al. Linking pollutant exposure of humpback whales breeding in the Indian Ocean to their feeding habits and feeding areas off Antarctica. Environ Pollut. 2017;220:1090-1099 pubmed publisher..Further investigations are required to assess exposure of southern humpback whales throughout their feeding zones. ..
- Fontaine M, Tolley K, Siebert U, Gobert S, Lepoint G, Bouquegneau J, et al. Long-term feeding ecology and habitat use in harbour porpoises Phocoena phocoena from Scandinavian waters inferred from trace elements and stable isotopes. BMC Ecol. 2007;7:1 pubmed