Affiliation: CHU Brugmann
- High leg motor activity in sleep apnea hypopnea patients: efficacy of clonazepam combined with nasal CPAP on polysomnographic variablesA Noseda
Chest Department, Hĵpital Erasme, Brussels, Belgium
Respir Med 96:693-9. 2002..More unexpectedly nCPAP is beneficial on leg activity and clonazepam on breathing, probably through a decrease in sleep fragmentation. The best results are obtained with combination therapy...
- [Dyspnoea and perception of airway obstruction]A Noseda
Service de Pneumologie, CHU Brugmann, Bruxelles, Belgique
Rev Mal Respir 20:364-72. 2003..Dyspnoea, defined as the perception of difficult or laboured breathing, is ideally quantified, using a visual analogue scale or a Borg scale...
- Constant vs auto-continuous positive airway pressure in patients with sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome and a high variability in pressure requirementAndré Noseda
Chest Department and Sleep Laboratory, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Chest 126:31-7. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate patients judged to be good candidates for auto-CPAP because of a high within-night variability in pressure requirement...
- CPAP with algorithm-based versus titrated pressure: A randomized studyA Noseda
CHU Brugmann, Brussels, Belgium
Sleep Med 10:988-92. 2009..Our goal was to evaluate whether an algorithm-prescribed pressure is effective in sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome (SAHS) patients requiring continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)...
- [Management of chronic cough]A Noseda
Clinique de Pneumologie, C H U Brugmann, Service de Pneumologie, Bruxelles
Rev Med Brux 31:250-4. 2010..In case of chronic cough unresponsive to the hereinabove described management, an antitussive agent should be considered. As codeine is relatively ineffective, research about new antitussive agents should be encouraged...
- Mild to moderate sleep respiratory events: one negative night may not be enoughO Le Bon
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Brugmann, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Chest 118:353-9. 2000..polysomnography (PSG) sessions are conflicting, leading to a lack of clear recommendations on the optimal use of this technique: is one night of monitoring sufficient or is a second night required in order to safely reject the diagnosis?..
- [Three pregnancies on nasal CPAP: a case report]A Noseda
Consultation du Sommeil, Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Erasme, Bruxelles
Rev Med Brux 28:191-3. 2007..The patient had an history of preeclampsia during a first pregnancy. In the following years, this patient remained very compliant with nasal CPAP, was no longer sleepy and was three times pregnant, without any complication...