Affiliation: CHU Brugmann
- Are patients with chronic fatigue syndrome just 'tired' or also 'sleepy'?Daniel Neu
University Hospital Brugmann, Sleep Laboratory, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Brussels, Belgium
J Sleep Res 17:427-31. 2008..Despite possible overlap in symptoms and signs of both daytime conditions, our data indirectly support the clinical distinction between fatigue and sleepiness...
- High slow-wave sleep and low-light sleep: chronic fatigue syndrome is not likely to be a primary sleep disorderDaniel Neu
Brugmann University Hospital, Sleep Laboratory, and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Universite Libre De Bruxelles U L B, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Neurophysiol 26:207-12. 2009..Anxiety, but not depression symptoms were more intense in the CFS group. The distribution of nonrapid eye movement sleep in CFS differs sizeably from what can be observed in a primary sleep disorder...
- Non-REM sleep EEG power distribution in fatigue and sleepinessDaniel Neu
Brugmann University Hospital, Sleep Laboratory and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Free University of Brussels U L B V U B, Brussels, Belgium UNI, ULB Neurosciences Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Laboratory for Medical Psychology ULB312, Universite Libre De Bruxelles U L B, Brussels, Belgium Electronic address
J Psychosom Res 76:286-91. 2014..The aim of this study is to contribute to the sleep-related differentiation between daytime fatigue and sleepiness...
- Cognitive impairment in fatigue and sleepiness associated conditionsDaniel Neu
Brugmann University Hospital, Sleep Laboratory and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Department of Psychiatry, Universite Libre De Bruxelles U L B, Brussels, Belgium
Psychiatry Res 189:128-34. 2011..In our sample cognitive impairment and psychomotor performance were worse when associated to sleepiness in SAHS than with fatigue in CFS...
- Clinical complaints of daytime sleepiness and fatigue: how to distinguish and treat them, especially when they become 'excessive' or 'chronic'?Daniel Neu
Brugmann University Hospital, Sleep Laboratory and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Neurol Belg 110:15-25. 2010..Clinical research and practice should systematically investigate both conditions with adequate measurement tools. Behavioural medicine is certainly underestimated, especially in the management of chronic daytime fatigue...
- Sleep quality perception in the chronic fatigue syndrome: correlations with sleep efficiency, affective symptoms and intensity of fatigueDaniel Neu
Sleep Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Brugmann, Brussels, Belgium
Neuropsychobiology 56:40-6. 2007..Furthermore, correlations of subjective fatigue, PSQI, affective symptoms and objective parameters such as sleep efficiency are poorly described in the literature...
- Do 'sleepy' and 'tired' go together? Rasch analysis of the relationships between sleepiness, fatigue and nonrestorative sleep complaints in a nonclinical population sampleDaniel Neu
Sleep Laboratory and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Brugmann University Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Neuroepidemiology 35:1-11. 2010..We propose to use Rasch analysis-based methods to study the interrelations of fatigue, sleepiness and NRS...
- Ultra-slow delta power in chronic fatigue syndromeOlivier Le Bon
Brugmann University Hospital, Sleep Laboratory and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Universite Libre De Bruxelles U L B, Brussels, Belgium
Psychiatry Res 200:742-7. 2012..From a neurophysiological standpoint, lower ultra-slow wave power may indicate abnormalities in the oscillations in membrane potential or a failure in neural recruitment in those with CFS...
- Is a one-night stay in the lab really enough to conclude? First-night effect and night-to-night variability in polysomnographic recordings among different clinical population samplesJohan Newell
UZ Brussel Academic University Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, Vrije Universiteit Brussel V U B, Brussels, Belgium
Psychiatry Res 200:795-801. 2012..Hence, the present study underlines the importance of two consecutive nights of polysomnographic recording as a potential reference standard for the execution of sleep investigations...
- Rapid eye movement sleep does not seem to unbind memories from their emotional contextGaétane Deliens
Neuropsychology and Functional Neuroimaging Research Group at Center for Research in Cognition and ULB Neurosciences Institute, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Brussels, Belgium Sleep Laboratory and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Brugmann University Hospital, Université Libre de Bruxelles ULB and Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Brussels, Belgium
J Sleep Res 22:656-62. 2013..Alternatively, the contextual demodulation process initiated during the first post-learning night might need several consecutive nights of sleep to be achieved. ..
- Rapid eye movement and non-rapid eye movement sleep contributions in memory consolidation and resistance to retroactive interference for verbal materialGaétane Deliens
UR2NF Neuropsychology and Functional Neuroimaging Research Group at CRCN Center for Research in Cognition and Neurosciences, Université Libre de Bruxelles ULB and UNI ULB Neurosciences Institute Brussels, Belgium Sleep Laboratory and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Brugmann University Hospital Université Libre de Bruxelles U L B V U B, Brussels, Belgium
Sleep 36:1875-83. 2013..To test the hypothesis that rapid eye movement (REM) sleep contributes to the consolidation of new memories, whereas non-rapid eye movement (NREM) sleep contributes to the prevention of retroactive interference...
- Comparative sensitivity of outcome variables of a software-based Behavioral Sleep Resistance TaskOlivier Mairesse
Research Methods and Psychometrics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Faculty of Economic, Social and Political Sciences and Solvay Business School, Research group MOBI Mobility and Automotive Technology, Brussels, Belgium
Ind Health 47:80-8. 2009....