Stephane De Wit
Affiliation: CHU Saint-Pierre
- HIV-1 V3 envelope deep sequencing for clinical plasma specimens failing in phenotypic tropism assaysIna Vandenbroucke
Tibotec Virco Virology BVBA, Mechelen, Belgium
AIDS Res Ther 7:4. 2010..While good concordance was observed between gp120 phenotyping and prediction of R5-tropic virus, the results suggest that accurate prediction of X4-tropic virus would require further algorithm development...
- Incidence and risk factors for new-onset diabetes in HIV-infected patients: the Data Collection on Adverse Events of Anti-HIV Drugs (D:A:D) studyStephane De Wit
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Saint Pierre, Brussels, Belgium
Diabetes Care 31:1224-9. 2008....
- Viral load and CD4 cell response to protease inhibitor-containing regimens in subtype B versus non-B treatment-naive HIV-1 patientsStephane De Wit
St Pierre University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
AIDS 18:2330-1. 2004..However, there was a significant difference in the median CD4 cell increase at month 24. Whether this is caused by viral or immune factors warrants further investigation...
- Downregulation of CD38 activation markers by atorvastatin in HIV patients with undetectable viral loadStephane De Wit
Division of Infectious Diseases, Saint Pierre University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
AIDS 25:1332-3. 2011..controls, with no difference in high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hsCRP) and CD4. These results suggest that atorvastatin reduces the level of immune activation in patients with undetectable viral load...
- High-risk human papillomavirus infection in HIV-positive African women living in EuropeDeborah Konopnicki
Department of Infectious Diseases, Saint Pierre University Hospital, Brussels Free University, Brussels, Belgium
J Int AIDS Soc 16:18023. 2013..Cervical infection with high-risk human papillomavirus (HRHPV) induces cervical cancer and is present in 14% of women in Europe. We assessed the prevalence and incidence of cervical HRHPV in a cohort of HIV-positive women living in Belgium...
- Comparison of demographic characteristics and upper gastrointestinal endoscopy findings in HIV-positive, antiretroviral-treated patients with and without Helicobacter pylori coinfectionMarcel Nkuize
Clinic of Hepato gastroenterology, ULB, Brussels, Belgium
Helicobacter 17:153-9. 2012..Pylori coinfection...
- Characteristics of non-AIDS-defining malignancies in the HAART era: a clinico-epidemiological studyNicolas Dauby
Division of Infectious Diseases, CHU St Pierre, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Int AIDS Soc 14:16. 2011..Non-AIDS-defining malignancies (NADM) are becoming a major cause of mortality in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy. We wished to investigate the incidence, risks factors and outcome of NADM in an urban cohort...
- Response to combination antiretroviral therapy: variation by ageIan Weller
AIDS 22:1463-73. 2008..The poorer virological responses in children may increase the likelihood of emergence of resistance...
- Combination antiretroviral therapy and the risk of myocardial infarctionNina Friis-Møller
N Engl J Med 349:1993-2003. 2003..It remains controversial whether exposure to combination antiretroviral treatment increases the risk of myocardial infarction...
- Use of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors and risk of myocardial infarction in HIV-infected patients enrolled in the D:A:D study: a multi-cohort collaborationCaroline A Sabin
Lancet 371:1417-26. 2008..The excess risk does not seem to be explained by underlying established cardiovascular risk factors and was not present beyond 6 months after drug cessation...
- Class of antiretroviral drugs and the risk of myocardial infarctionNina Friis Møller
University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
N Engl J Med 356:1723-35. 2007..We conducted a study to investigate the association of cumulative exposure to protease inhibitors and nonnucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitors with the risk of myocardial infarction...
- Liver-related deaths in persons infected with the human immunodeficiency virus: the D:A:D studyRainer Weber
Division of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital, CH 809a Zurich, Switzerland
Arch Intern Med 166:1632-41. 2006..An increasing proportion of deaths among human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected persons with access to combination antiretroviral therapy (cART) are due to complications of liver diseases...
- Predictors of hypertension and changes of blood pressure in HIV-infected patientsRodolphe Thiebaut
INSERM E0338 epsilont U593, ISPED, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Antivir Ther 10:811-23. 2005..We assessed predictors of changes in systolic (SBP) and diastolic (DBP) blood pressure during follow-up and of the development of hypertension in HIV-infected individuals...
- Is there evidence for an increase in the death rate from liver-related disease in patients with HIV?Amanda Mocroft
Royal Free Centre for HIV Medicine and Dept Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
AIDS 19:2117-25. 2005..Increases in deaths due to liver-related disease (LRD) among HIV-infected individuals have been reported although the influence of combination antiretroviral therapy (cART) on LRD is controversial...
- Prevalence and epidemiology of HIV type 1 drug resistance among newly diagnosed therapy-naive patients in Belgium from 2003 to 2006Jurgen Vercauteren
Rega Institute for Medical Research and University Hospitals, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:355-62. 2008..e., zidovudine, lamivudine, and efavirenz. Our results support the implementation of genotypic resistance testing as a standard of care in all treatment-naive patients in Belgium...