Affiliation: CHU Saint-Pierre
- Epidemiology of MDR-TB in a Belgian infectious diseases unit: a 15 years reviewR Van Heurck
CHU Saint Pierre Infectious Diseases Department, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 68:321-4. 2013..Both require longer, more expensive and more toxic treatments. MDR-TB and especially XDR-TB are associated with a lower cure rate than non MDR-TB...
- European AIDS Clinical Society (EACS) guidelines for the clinical management and treatment of HIV-infected adultsN Clumeck
Saint Pierre University Hospital, Department of Infectious Diseases, Brussels, Belgium
HIV Med 9:65-71. 2008....
- Sustained viral suppression and higher CD4+ T-cell count reduces the risk of persistent cervical high-risk human papillomavirus infection in HIV-positive womenDeborah Konopnicki
Department of Infectious Diseases and AIDS Reference Center, Saint Pierre University Hospital, Rue Haute 322, Brussels 1000, Belgium
J Infect Dis 207:1723-9. 2013..We assessed the long-term impact of cART on persistent cervical HR-HPV infection in a very large cohort of 652 women who underwent follow-up of HIV infection for a median duration of 104 months...
- High-risk human papillomavirus infection in HIV-positive African women living in EuropeDeborah Konopnicki
Department of Infectious Diseases, Saint Pierre University Hospital, Brussels Free University, Brussels, Belgium
J Int AIDS Soc 16:18023. 2013..Cervical infection with high-risk human papillomavirus (HRHPV) induces cervical cancer and is present in 14% of women in Europe. We assessed the prevalence and incidence of cervical HRHPV in a cohort of HIV-positive women living in Belgium...
- Downregulation of CD38 activation markers by atorvastatin in HIV patients with undetectable viral loadStephane De Wit
Division of Infectious Diseases, Saint Pierre University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
AIDS 25:1332-3. 2011..controls, with no difference in high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hsCRP) and CD4. These results suggest that atorvastatin reduces the level of immune activation in patients with undetectable viral load...
- Clinical value of FDG-PET/CT for the diagnosis of human immunodeficiency virus-associated fever of unknown origin: a retrospective studyCatherine Castaigne
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Saint Pierre University Hospital, 322 rue Haute, Brussels 1000, Belgium
Nucl Med Commun 30:41-7. 2009....
- Characteristics of non-AIDS-defining malignancies in the HAART era: a clinico-epidemiological studyNicolas Dauby
Division of Infectious Diseases, CHU St Pierre, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Int AIDS Soc 14:16. 2011..Non-AIDS-defining malignancies (NADM) are becoming a major cause of mortality in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy. We wished to investigate the incidence, risks factors and outcome of NADM in an urban cohort...
- 96 week results from the MONET trial: a randomized comparison of darunavir/ritonavir with versus without nucleoside analogues, for patients with HIV RNA <50 copies/mL at baselineNathan Clumeck
Hôpital St Pierre, Brussels, Belgium
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:1878-85. 2011..In virologically suppressed patients, switching to darunavir/ritonavir monotherapy could avoid resistance and adverse events from continuing nucleoside analogues...
- Viral load and CD4 cell response to protease inhibitor-containing regimens in subtype B versus non-B treatment-naive HIV-1 patientsStephane De Wit
St Pierre University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
AIDS 18:2330-1. 2004..However, there was a significant difference in the median CD4 cell increase at month 24. Whether this is caused by viral or immune factors warrants further investigation...