Affiliation: CHU Saint-Pierre
- POEMS syndrome revealed by multiple glomeruloid angiomasChristel Scheers
Department of Dermatology, CHU Saint Pierre and CHU Brugmann, Brussels, Belgium
Dermatology 204:311-4. 2002..The diagnosis of POEMS syndrome was based on the dermatopathological examination of a cutaneous angioma; histology revealed features of glomeruloid angioma, a specific marker of this syndrome...
- Pigmented nail disordersJosette Andre
Department of Dermatology, CHU Saint Pierre, Brugmann, HUDERF, 129, Bd de Waterloo, B 1000 Brussels, Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Dermatol Clin 24:329-39. 2006..Histology, differential diagnosis, and biopsy techniques also are considered...
- Acantholytic tumor of the nail: acantholytic dyskeratotic acanthomaUrsula Sass
Department of Dermatology and Dermatopathology, Saint Pierre Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Cutan Pathol 36:1308-11. 2009..They differ from acantholytic acanthomas by the presence of dyskeratosis. However these tumors have never been described in nails. We report three cases localized on the thumb nail...
- Superficial acral fibromyxoma: clinical and pathological featuresJosette Andre
Department of Dermatology, CHU Saint Pierre, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Am J Dermatopathol 26:472-4. 2004..Differential diagnosis encompasses benign and malignant myxoid and spindle cells tumors such as myxoid neurofibroma, sclerosing perineurioma, superficial angiomyxoma, and several low-grade myxoid sarcomas...
- In situ amelanotic melanoma of the nail unit mimicking lichen planus: report of 3 casesJosette Andre
Department of Dermatology, CHU Saint Pierre, Boulevard de Waterloo 129, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Arch Dermatol 146:418-21. 2010..To our knowledge, only 1 case of in situ amelanotic melanoma of the nail unit has previously been described. We report 3 cases of in situ amelanotic melanoma with clinical lichenoid features...
- Congenital disseminated juvenile xanthogranuloma with unusual skin presentation and renal involvementAthanassios Kolivras
Department of Dermatology, Brugmann, HUDERF and Saint Pierre Hospitals, Brussels, Belgium
J Cutan Pathol 36:684-8. 2009..Subsequent investigations revealed a renal mass. Histopathology of both cutaneous and renal specimens was consistent with JXG. Both clinical presentation and extracutaneous localization were remarkable...
- Nail disorders in children: diagnosis and managementBertrand Richert
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Am J Clin Dermatol 12:101-12. 2011..Its management should be tailored on a case-by-case basis. Acute trauma should never be underestimated in children and hand surgeons should be involved if necessary. Onychophagia and onychotillomania are responsible for chronic trauma...
- Cryopyrin-associated periodic syndrome: an autoinflammatory disease manifested as neutrophilic urticarial dermatosis with additional perieccrine involvementAthanassios Kolivras
Department of Dermatology and Dermatopathology, Brugmann, HUDERF and Saint Pierre Hospitals, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Cutan Pathol 38:202-8. 2011..NUD with perieccrine involvement should prompt consideration of CAPS, especially NOMID, in the context of neonatal multisystem disease...
- A retrospective study of squamous cell carcinoma of the nail unit diagnosed in a Belgian general hospital over a 15-year periodPauline Lecerf
Department of Dermatology, University Hospitals Saint Pierre, Brugmann and Children s University Hospital Queen Fabiola, and Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Am Acad Dermatol 69:253-61. 2013..It mainly affects middle-aged men, with a peak incidence between 50 and 69 years of age. Diagnosis is often delayed because of the slow evolution of the lesion and multiple clinical features...
- Thalidomide in refractory vulvar ulcerations associated with Crohn's diseaseAthanassios Kolivras
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Saint Pierre and Brugmann, Brussels, Belgium
Dermatology 206:381-3. 2003..This is the first case report presenting the efficacy of thalidomide in the treatment of vulvar involvement in Crohn's disease...
- Gianotti-Crosti syndrome following hepatitis A vaccinationAthanassios Kolivras
Department of Dermatology, Centres Hospitaliers Universitaires Brugmann et Saint Pierre, Hopital Universitaire des Enfants Reine Fabiola HUDERF, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Brussels, Belgium
Pediatr Dermatol 25:650. 2008....