- One-year metabolic outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes treated with exenatide in routine practiceM Buysschaert
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Saint Luc Academic Hospital, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 54 UCL 5474, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Diabetes Metab 36:381-8. 2010..The study objective was to analyze, in everyday practice, the long-term metabolic effects of exenatide (for 9 and 12 months) in patients with type 2 diabetes not responding to treatments with metformin and sulphonylurea at maximum dosages...
- Definition of prediabetesMartin Buysschaert
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology, University Clinic Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain UCL, Avenue Hippocrate 54 UCL 5474, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Med Clin North Am 95:289-97, vii. 2011..Therefore, an absolute definition of prediabetes may underestimate the implications and vastness of this disorder. Research should focus on these aspects to minimize the risk of developing a preventable condition...
- Glycemic control and weight changes in patients with type 2 diabetes intensified to three insulin regimens after therapeutic failure to exenatideM Buysschaert
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Service d endocrinologie et nutrition
Acta Clin Belg 67:250-4. 2012..0001). In conclusion, a high proportion of patients remained above the HbA(1c) targets after 6-12 month's treatment, despite a progressive increase in insulin dosages. Insulin treatment was associated with a marked weight gain...
- Improvement of psoriasis during exenatide treatment in a patient with diabetesM Buysschaert
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Service d endocrinologie et nutrition, Avenue Hippocrate 54 UCL 5474, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
Diabetes Metab 38:86-8. 2012..This report is of a clinically significant improvement in psoriasis lesions in a patient with T2D during treatment with a GLP-1 receptor agonist (exenatide)...
- Hemiballism revealing type 2 diabetes in an elderly: clinical and neuroimaging findings and etiopathogenic linksM Buysschaert
Departement d Endocrinologie et Nutrition, Cliniques Universitaires UCL Saint Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 66:387-9. 2011..We hereby describe clinical and neuroimaging findings. After initiation of treatment and restoration of euglycaemia, we note a complete remission of the initial neurological symptoms...
- Glucose homeostasis and genotype-phenotype interplay in cystic fibrosis patients with CFTR gene deltaF508 mutationVanessa Preumont
Department of Endocrinology and Nutrition, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Diabetes Care 30:1187-92. 2007....
- Hypertriglyceridemia and residual dyslipidemia in statin-treated, patients with diabetes at the highest risk for cardiovascular disease and achieving very-low low-density lipoprotein-cholesterol levelsLaurent Querton
Service d endocrinologie et nutrition, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate UCL 54 74 B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Lipidol 6:434-42. 2012..Because substantial residual risk persists at LDL-C <70 mg/dL, a more comprehensive control of non-LDL-C and particles was recommended in the joint 2008 American Diabetes Association/American College of Cardiology Consensus...