S M Brichard
- Adipocytokines in anorexia nervosa: a review focusing on leptin and adiponectinS M Brichard
Endocrinology and Metabolism Unit, Saint Luc University Hospital, University of Louvain, Medical School, Brussels, Belgium
Horm Metab Res 35:337-42. 2003..Thus, low leptin and high adiponectin may separately or in concert contribute to altered hematopoiesis and immunity, enhanced insulin sensitivity, neuroendocrine disturbances or osteopenia in anorexia nervosa...
- Hyperadiponectinaemia in anorexia nervosaM L Delporte
Endocrinology and Metabolism Unit, University of Louvain, Medical School, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 58:22-9. 2003..The influence of starvation-induced depletion of fat stores on ApN concentrations is yet unknown. We therefore investigated plasma ApN in anorexia nervosa (AN)...
- Adipokine dysregulation, adipose tissue inflammation and metabolic syndromeE Maury
Endocrinology and Metabolism Unit, University of Louvain, Faculty of Medicine, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Mol Cell Endocrinol 314:1-16. 2010..Targeting the changes in the cellular composition of adipose tissue, the underlying molecular mechanisms, and the altered production of adipokines may have therapeutic potential in the management of the metabolic syndrome...
- Endocannabinoids regulate adipokine production and the immune balance of omental adipose tissue in human obesityQ Ge
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition Unit, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Research, Medical Sector, University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Int J Obes (Lond) 37:874-80. 2013....
- Adipokines oversecreted by omental adipose tissue in human obesityE Maury
Endocrinology and Metabolism Unit, University of Louvain, Faculty of Medicine, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E656-65. 2007..In conclusion, six adipokines were newly identified as oversecreted by OAT in obesity. These adipokines may link obesity to its cardiovascular or metabolic comorbidities...
- Secretion of adiponectin and regulation of apM1 gene expression in human visceral adipose tissueC M Halleux
Endocrinology and Metabolism Unit, University of Louvain, UCL 5530 Avenue Hippocrate, 55, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 288:1102-7. 2001..This regulation could contribute to the decreased apM1/ApN levels in insulin-resistant patients with obesity and the Metabolic Syndrome...
- Induction of adiponectin in skeletal muscle of type 2 diabetic mice: In vivo and in vitro studiesA M Delaigle
Endocrinology and Metabolism Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Diabetologia 49:1311-23. 2006..We examined whether adiponectin could be induced in a non-adipose tissue, skeletal muscle, in response to metabolic or oxidative aggression both in vivo (in a murine model of type 2 diabetes) and in vitro...