- Cost-effectiveness of cetuximab in combination with irinotecan compared with current care in metastatic colorectal cancer after failure on irinotecan--a Belgian analysisL Annemans
Ghent University, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 62:419-25. 2007..In conclusion, cetuximab plus irinotecan for patients with metastatic CRC, after failure on irinotecan-containing chemotherapy, is rather cost-effective compared with current care in both scenarios tested...
- Modeling costs and cost-effectiveness of different CMV management strategies in liver transplant recipients as a support for current and future decision makingLieven Annemans
Health Economics and Disease Management Meise, Belgium
Value Health 5:347-58. 2002..To develop a generic decision-analytic model to predict health and economic outcomes of different management options for cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection and disease in liver transplant patients...
- A health economic model to assess the long term effects and cost-effectiveness of PEG IFN alpha-2a in hepatitis C virus infected patientsL Annemans
HEDM, Meise, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 67:1-8. 2004..The objectives of this study were to estimate the long-term clinical consequences of such treatment as well as the resulting cost-effectiveness...
- Pan-European multicentre economic evaluation of recombinant urate oxidase (rasburicase) in prevention and treatment of hyperuricaemia and tumour lysis syndrome in haematological cancer patientsL Annemans
HEDM Health Economics and Disease Management, Brusselsesteenweg 91, 1860, Meise, Belgium
Support Care Cancer 11:249-57. 2003..The objective was to assess incremental cost-effectiveness ratios (ICER) of preventing/treating HU and TLS with recombinant urate oxidase, rasburicase (Fasturtec/Elitek)...
- Incidence, medical resource utilisation and costs of hyperuricemia and tumour lysis syndrome in patients with acute leukaemia and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in four European countriesL Annemans
Health Economics and Disease Management, Brusselsesteenweg 91, 1860 Meise, Belgium
Leuk Lymphoma 44:77-83. 2003..TLS cases incurred 11 times higher costs than HU cases in which TLS was absent. The main cost drivers in TLS are interventions requiring intensive care...
- Estimating resource use and cost of prophylactic management of neutropenia with filgrastimL Annemans
HEDM, Meise, Belgium
J Nurs Manag 13:265-74. 2005..77 Euros for a patient without febrile neutropenia, excluding drug costs. With the activity-based costing method it is possible to accurately demonstrate cost savings in the management of neutropenia using the newer drug therapies...
- The cost-effectiveness of paclitaxel (Taxol) + cisplatin is similar to that of teniposide + cisplatin in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a multicountry analysisL Annemans
HEDM Research and Consulting, Mechelen, Flemish Free University of Brussels, Meise, Belgium
Anticancer Drugs 10:605-15. 1999..Thus, the cost-effectiveness of TAXCIS, expressed in cost per responder, is similar to the cost-effectiveness obtained with TENCIS...
- Assessment of the economic value of the INTERCEPT blood system in BelgiumK Moeremans
HEDM, Health Economics and Disease Management, Brussels, Belgium
Transfus Med 16:17-30. 2006..3 million Euro per lifeyear), IBSP can be considered cost-effective, taking into account the potential risk of emerging pathogens...
- Economic evaluation of intravenous itraconazole for presumed systemic fungal infections in neutropenic patients in KoreaK Moeremans
HEDM, Health Economics and Disease Management, Brussels, Belgium
Int J Hematol 82:251-8. 2005..Compared with current treatment with CAB, IVitra therapy was shown to be a cost-effective and cost-saving empirical treatment for PSFI in neutropenic cancer patients and BMT patients...
- An update: health economics of managing multiple myelomaK Moeremans
HEDM, a unit of IMSHealth, Crayerstraat 6, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 42:1684-91. 2006..There is also a clear need for peer reviewed economic evaluations of novel therapies such as thalidomide and Bortezomib in the treatment of multiple myeloma at different stages of the disease...
- Cost consequence analysis of fondaparinux versus enoxaparin in the prevention of venous thromboembolism after major orthopaedic surgery in BelgiumL Annemans
Department of Public Health, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 59:346-57. 2004....
- Economic evaluation of methyl aminolaevulinate-based photodynamic therapy in the management of actinic keratosis and basal cell carcinomaK Caekelbergh
HEDM Health Economics and Disease Management, Brussels, Belgium
Br J Dermatol 155:784-90. 2006..Poor cosmesis resulting from surgical procedures and skin irritation induced by topical agents remain significant problems...
- A health economic model to assess the cost-effectiveness of PEG IFN alpha-2a and ribavirin in patients with mild chronic hepatitis CS Gerkens
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Brussels, Belgium
J Viral Hepat 14:523-36. 2007....
- Cost-effectiveness of anastrozole compared to tamoxifen in hormone receptor-positive early breast cancer. Analysis based on the ATAC trialK Moeremans
Health Economics and Disease Management, Brussels, Belgium and Public Health Department, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:576-8. 2006..In conclusion, provided that a sufficient time horizon is taken and that long-term model predictions are confirmed from further follow-up from the ATAC study, anastrozole is a highly cost-effective adjuvant therapy compared to tamoxifen...
- Which patients should receive aspirin for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease? An economic evaluationL Annemans
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Int J Clin Pract 60:1129-37. 2006..In conclusion, low-dose aspirin treatment becomes cost-saving at a very low 10-year risk of fatal CVD. The cost of gastrointestinal bleeding defines the level at which low-dose aspirin becomes cost-saving...
- Injury rate and socioeconomic costs resulting from sports injuries in Flanders: data derived from sports insurance statistics 2003E Cumps
Department of Human Physiology and Sports Medicine, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pleinlaan 2 B 1050, Brussels, Belgium
Br J Sports Med 42:767-72. 2008..This study determines the injury rate (%) and the associated direct medical and indirect costs of sports injuries in Flanders...
- Economic evaluation of everolimus and mycophenolate mofetil versus azathioprine in de novo heart transplantationL Annemans
Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Transplant Proc 39:3306-12. 2007..The cost-effectiveness of everolimus and MMF versus azathioprine was assessed to 6 months posttransplantation...
- [The cost of complicated acute urinary retention: a patient chart analysis in Belgium]M Lamotte
Cardiologue, HEDM, Bruxelles, Belgique
Rev Med Liege 60:875-81. 2005..The objective of this study is to document the current medical practice and resource utilization in AUR, with Belgium as a case setting...
- Medication use and disease control of asthmatic patients in Flanders: a cross-sectional community pharmacy studyE Mehuys
Pharmaceutical Care Unit Ghent, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ghent University, Department of Respiratory Diseases, Ghent University Hospital, Harelbekestraat 72, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Respir Med 100:1407-14. 2006..9% of the patients. In conclusion, the ACT appears to be a useful tool to determine rapidly and accurately the level of asthma control in patients presenting at community pharmacies...
- Variation in medical resource utilisation in the management of pulmonary embolism in BelgiumL Annemans
Ghent University Hospital
Acta Clin Belg 57:11-8. 2002..The two factors that explain duration of hospital stay are the number of days of IV heparin use and the intensity of diagnostic follow-up, as expressed by the number of VQ-scans...
- [Cost-efectiveness of Ibersartan in type II diabetic nephropathy with hypertension. A Spanish perspective]A J Palmer
Hospital La Paz, Servicio de Nefrologia, Madrid
Nefrologia 24:231-8. 2004..A simulation model was developed to project long-term cost consequences of the IDNT in the Spanish setting...
- [Treatment with infliximab in patients with Crohn disease; experience in 132 patients]S R J G Smits
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 146:1857-8; author reply 1858. 2002
- An economic evaluation of the Irbesartan in Diabetic Nephropathy Trial (IDNT) in a UK settingA J Palmer
Center for Outcomes Research, Basel, Switzerland
J Hum Hypertens 18:733-8. 2004....
- [Health economic consequences of the use of irbesartan in patients in Germany with type 2 diabetes, nephropathy and hypertension]A J Palmer
Center for Outcomes Research, Basel, Schweiz
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:13-8. 2004..Aim of this study is to compare long-term consequences in costs and outcomes of IDNT treatment alternatives from the German health care system's perspective...
- Health economics and the orthopaedic surgeonP Haentjens
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Academisch Ziekenhuis VUB, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
J Bone Joint Surg Br 85:1093-9. 2003
- Long-term medical costs of postmenopausal breast cancer therapyV Cocquyt
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Ann Oncol 14:1057-63. 2003..From a health economic point of view, one is interested in the costs saved by disease prevention...