- Transcriptional regulation of the human CD3 gamma gene: the TATA-less CD3 gamma promoter functions via an initiator and contiguous Sp-binding elementsBassam M Badran
Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Bordet Institute, Faculty of Medicine, University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
J Immunol 174:6238-49. 2005..These data elucidate some of the mechanisms controlling expression of the CD3gamma gene as a step toward furthering our understanding of how its transcription is targeted in human disease...
- Progressive loss of CD3 expression after HTLV-I infection results from chromatin remodeling affecting all the CD3 genes and persists despite early viral genes silencingHaidar Akl
Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, 121, boulevard de Waterloo, 1000, Brussels, Belgium
Virol J 4:85. 2007..HTLV-I infected CD4+ T-cells lines usually progress towards a CD3- or CD3low phenotype. In this paper, we studied expression, kinetics, chromatin remodeling of the CD3 gene at different time-points post HTLV-I infection...
- Dendritic cells generated in clinical grade bags strongly differ in immune functionality when compared with classical DCs generated in platesRedouane Rouas
Department of Hematology, Jules Bordet Institute, ULB, Brussels, Belgium
J Immunother 33:352-63. 2010..This results in mature DCs unable to induce T(H)1-type responses...
- Human natural Treg microRNA signature: role of microRNA-31 and microRNA-21 in FOXP3 expressionRedouane Rouas
Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, Belgium
Eur J Immunol 39:1608-18. 2009..In conclusion, not only have we identified and validated a miR signature for human natural Treg, but also unveiled some of the mechanisms by which this signature was related to the control of FOXP3 expression in these cells...
- Deregulation of calcium fluxes in HTLV-I infected CD4-positive T-cells plays a major role in malignant transformationHaidar Akl
Experimental Hematology, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Institut Jules Bordet 127 Boulevard de Waterloo, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 14:3925-34. 2009..Understanding these changes and identifying the molecular players involved might provide further insights on how to improve ATLL treatment...