- Tumor bed control with balloon-based accelerated partial breast irradiation: incidence of true recurrences versus elsewhere failures in the American Society of Breast Surgery MammoSite(®) Registry Trial
Peter D Beitsch
Department of Surgery, Dallas Breast Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 19:3165-70. 2012
..The rate of true recurrence (TR) versus EF was queried for a large patient cohort treated with accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI)...
- Community melanoma research: from start up to follow up
Dallas Surgical Group, Dallas, Texas 75230, USA
J Surg Oncol 104:447-51. 2011
..Getting a program going can seem daunting but ultimately will be very rewarding for both the surgeon and their patients...
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation
Peter D Beitsch
Dallas Breast Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Surg Oncol 103:362-8. 2011
..Numerous studies of APBI have demonstrated excellent local control and cosmetic outcomes in early-stage breast cancer patients...
- Five-year outcome of patients classified in the "unsuitable" category using the American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO) Consensus Panel guidelines for the application of accelerated partial breast irradiation: an analysis
Surgery, Dallas Breast Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 17:219-25. 2010
- The surgeon's role in breast brachytherapy
Peter D Beitsch
Dallas Breast Center, Dallas, Texas 75230, USA
Breast J 15:93-100. 2009
..In this review, several key aspects of a successful APBI program from a surgeon's perspective as well as a consensus panel from a best practices symposium on the topic herein are highlighted...
- Improved lymphatic mapping technique for breast cancer
P D Beitsch
General Surgery Department, St Paul Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Breast J 7:219-23. 2001
..This new technique should allow the majority of breast cancer patients who are treated by nonspecialist surgeons to be offered this less morbid, more accurate procedure...
- Who are we and what do we think?
Peter D Beitsch
St Paul University Hospital, 5920 Forest Park Rd, Suite 500, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
Am J Surg 186:321-3. 2003
..The American Society of Breast Surgeons was founded on the principal of professional and practical development of its members. The Society undertook a survey of its members to identify issues and concerns and to guide future action...
- Patterns of participation and successful patient recruitment to American College of Surgeons Oncology Group Z0010, a phase II trial for patients with early-stage breast cancer
A Marilyn Leitch
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9155, USA
Am J Surg 190:539-42. 2005
..This report elucidates factors influencing patient accrual...
- Circulating tumor cells in patients with breast cancer dormancy
Cancer Immunobiology Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8576, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:8152-62. 2004
- Intraoperative cytologic diagnosis of breast sentinel lymph nodes in the routine, nonacademic setting: a highly specific test with limited sensitivity
Craig E Litz
Department of Pathology, St Paul Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
Breast J 10:383-7. 2004
..While near-perfect specificity and high sensitivity can be achieved with grossly positive sentinel nodes by IC, sensitivity is quite low in cases with micrometastatic and lobular carcinoma...
- Interpretive disparity among pathologists in breast sentinel lymph node evaluation
Cory A Roberts
Department of Pathology, St Paul University Hospital and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Am J Surg 186:324-9. 2003
..Immunohistochemical staining on breast sentinel lymph nodes (SLN) is controversial...
- Getting to better cancer care: results of a society of surgical oncology survey
Sandra L Wong
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Michigan, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, 3310 CCC, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109 5932, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2363-71. 2008
..A survey of its members was conducted to determine which domains of "outcomes" are important and relevant to surgical oncologists...
- Three-year analysis of treatment efficacy, cosmesis, and toxicity by the American Society of Breast Surgeons MammoSite Breast Brachytherapy Registry Trial in patients treated with accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI)
Department of Radiation Oncology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48072, USA
Cancer 112:758-66. 2008
..This report presents 3 years of data on treatment efficacy, cosmetic results, and toxicities for patients enrolled on the American Society of Breast Surgeons MammoSite (Cytyc, Bedford, Mass) Breast Brachytherapy Registry Trial...