- Fluorescence lifetime images and correlation spectra obtained by multidimensional time-correlated single photon counting
Becker and Hickl GmbH, 12277 Berlin, Germany
Microsc Res Tech 69:186-95. 2006
..We show that the same technique and the same hardware can be used for precision fluorescence decay analysis and fluorescence correlation spectroscopy (FCS) in selected spots of a sample...
- Fluorescence lifetime imaging by time-correlated single-photon counting
Becker and Hickl GmbH, D 12277 Berlin, Germany
Microsc Res Tech 63:58-66. 2004
..The technique can be used with almost any confocal or two-photon laser scanning microscope and works at any scanning rate. We demonstrate the application to samples stained with several dyes and to CFP-YFP FRET...
- Sequence characteristics, subcellular localization, and substrate specificity of DYRK-related kinases, a novel family of dual specificity protein kinases
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, RWTH Aachen, D 52057 Aachen, Germany
J Biol Chem 273:25893-902. 1998
..The heterogeneity of their subcellular localization and substrate specificity suggests that the kinases are involved in different cellular functions...
- Cloning and characterization of DYRK1B, a novel member of the DYRK family of protein kinases
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, RWTH Aachen, Aachen, D 52057, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 254:474-9. 1999
..These data suggest that DYRK1B is a muscle- and testis-specific isoform of DYRK1A and is involved in the regulation of nuclear functions...
- Dyrk, a dual specificity protein kinase with unique structural features whose activity is dependent on tyrosine residues between subdomains VII and VIII
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, D 52057 Aachen, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 271:3488-95. 1996
..The data suggest that Dyrk is a dual specificity protein kinase that is regulated by tyrosine phosphorylation in the activation loop and might be a component of a signaling pathway regulating nuclear functions...
- STAT3 is enriched in nuclear bodies
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitätsklinikum RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
J Cell Sci 117:339-49. 2004
..Taken together, our data suggest that STAT3 nuclear bodies are either directly involved in active gene transcription or they serve as reservoirs of activated STAT3...
- Identification of the autophosphorylation sites and characterization of their effects in the protein kinase DYRK1A
, , Wendlingweg 2, D-52057 Aachen, Germany
Biochem J 359:497-505. 2001
..The present experimental data and the molecular model indicate that the activity of DYRK1A is dependent on the autophosphorylation of a conserved tyrosine residue in the activation loop...
- The kinase DYRK1A phosphorylates the transcription factor FKHR at Ser329 in vitro, a novel in vivo phosphorylation site
Y L Woods
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 355:597-607. 2001
..We find that FKHR and DYRK1A co-localize in discrete regions of the nucleus and can be co-immunoprecipitated from cell extracts. These experiments suggest that DYRK1A may phosphorylate FKHR at Ser(329) in vivo...
- cDNA cloning and characterization of rat Clk3, a LAMMER kinase predominately expressed in testis
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Medizinische Fakultat, RWTH Aachen, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1312:63-7. 1996
..By Northern blot analysis of different rat tissues, mRNA of Clk3 was detected predominately in testis, suggesting that this kinase regulates a predominately testicular function...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel mammalian protein kinase harboring a homology domain that defines a subfamily of serine/threonine kinases
Institut für Pharmakologie und Toxikologie der RWTH Aachen, Germany
Eur J Biochem 235:736-43. 1996
..This domain (designated the SNH domain) appears to define the subfamily of SNF1-related protein kinases and might represent a new type of regulatory domain of protein kinases...
- SLIM: a new method for molecular imaging
Institute for Laser Technologies in Medicine and Metrology, Helmholtzstr 12, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Microsc Res Tech 70:485-92. 2007
..Different lifetimes could be attributed to the various compounds. In addition, a detailed analysis of the autofluorescence by SLIM could explain changes of mitochondrial metabolism during Photofrin-PDT...