- T-cell-replete HLA-haploidentical hematopoietic transplantation for hematologic malignancies using post-transplantation cyclophosphamide results in outcomes equivalent to those of contemporaneous HLA-matched related and unrelated donor transplantation
Northside Hospital, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:1310-6. 2013
..We compared outcomes of alloHCT using haploidentical donors with those of transplantation using conventional HLA-matched sibling donors (MRDs) and HLA-matched unrelated donors (MUDs)...
- Reduced-intensity conditioning allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for patients with hematologic malignancies who relapse following autologous transplantation: a multi-institutional prospective study from the Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB t
University of California at San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:558-65. 2011
..0395). Allo-HCT using this reduced-intensity conditioning regimen can be performed with low TRM in patients who have received a prior AHCT. Efforts to improve early donor CD3 chimerism may improve event-free survival...
- Peripheral blood progenitor cell mobilization with intermediate-dose cyclophosphamide, sequential granulocyte-macrophage-colony-stimulating factor and granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor, and scheduled commencement of leukapheresis in 225 patients under
Division of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, and Biostatistics Core, Rebecca and John Moores UCSD Cancer Center, La Jolla, California, USA
Transfusion 47:2153-60. 2007
..This necessitates the availability of leukapheresis (LP) facilities 7 days a week...
- CTLA4 blockade with ipilimumab to treat relapse of malignancy after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation
Division of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, University of California, San Diego Moores Cancer Center, La Jolla, CA, USA
Blood 113:1581-8. 2009
..This study is registered at (http://clinicaltrials.gov) under NCI protocol ID P6082...
- Haploidentical transplantation using T cell replete peripheral blood stem cells and myeloablative conditioning in patients with high-risk hematologic malignancies who lack conventional donors is well tolerated and produces excellent relapse-free survival:
Scott R Solomon
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at Northside Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 18:1859-66. 2012
..Myeloablative haploidentical HSCT is associated with excellent rates of engraftment, GVHD, NRM, and DFS, and is a valid option in patients with high-risk malignancies who lack timely access to a conventional donor...
- Non-anthracycline based remission induction therapy for newly diagnosed patients with acute myeloid leukemia aged 60 or older
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, Mail Code 0960, La Jolla, CA 92093 0960, USA
Leuk Res 30:503-6. 2006
..Primary induction with FLAG in elderly AML patients achieves a high remission rate without prohibitive mucosal or cardiac toxicity and may thus be considered as an alternative to standard anthracycline-based regimens in this setting...
- Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation as an intensive consolidation therapy for adult patients in remission from acute myelogenous leukemia
Andre S Jung
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0960, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:1306-13. 2009
..In addition, there was no treatment-related mortality (TRM). We conclude that APBSCT is a reasonable and safe intensive consolidation for patients with AML who do not have a suitable HLA-matched donor...
- CTLA-4 blockade following relapse of malignancy after allogeneic stem cell transplantation is associated with T cell activation but not with increased levels of T regulatory cells
Moores Cancer Center, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:682-92. 2011
..Further studies with multiple doses are needed to explore this phenomenon further and to correlate changes in lymphocyte subpopulations with clinical events...
- Calcineurin inhibitor--free graft-versus-host disease prophylaxis with post-transplantation cyclophosphamide and brief-course sirolimus following reduced-intensity peripheral blood stem cell transplantation
Scott R Solomon
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Northside Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia Electronic address
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 20:1828-34. 2014
..GVHD prophylaxis with PTCy and sirolimus achieves consistent donor engraftment, low rates of chronic GVHD and NRM, and excellent outcomes in recipients of HLA-identical related and unrelated donor allogeneic PBSCT...
- Immunosuppression with limited toxicity: the characteristics of nucleoside analogs and anti-lymphocyte antibodies used in non-myeloablative hematopoietic cell transplantation
Blood and Marrow Transplantation Division, University of California San Diego, Department of Medicine, UCSD Cancer Center, La Jolla, CA 92093 0960, USA
Cancer Treat Res 110:39-49. 2002
..Although fludarabine has been the mainstay of nucleoside analog usage for NST, the other nucleoside analogs-cladribine and pentostatin are beginning to be investigated in this context...
- Comparison of twin and autologous transplants for multiple myeloma
BMT Group of Georgia, Atlanta, GA, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1118-24. 2008
..49, 95% confidence interval [CI] 0.28-0.86, P = .011). Twin transplants have a significantly lower relapse risk than autotransplants in MM, suggesting that graft composition may impact outcomes following high-dose chemotherapy...
- Real-life experience of a brief arsenic trioxide-based consolidation chemotherapy in the management of acute promyelocytic leukemia: favorable outcomes with limited anthracycline exposure and shorter consolidation therapy
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Northside Hospital, Atlanta, GA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 15:292-7. 2015
..However, its efficacy against high-risk APL (white blood cell count > 10,000/μL) has not been documented. Also, it requires ≥ 8 months to complete therapy...