- Testicular juvenile granulosa cell tumor: a case report
Anatomy and Pathology Service, Sao Joao Hospital, Porto, Portugal
Acta Cytol 51:634-6. 2007
..Association with ambiguous genitalia and sex chromosome abnormalities has been reported. Orchiectomy alone is recommended, because no case of metastasis or recurrence has been reported...
- Fine needle aspiration cytology diagnosis, flow cytometry immunophenotyping and histology in clinically suspected lymphoproliferative disorder: a comparative study
Anatomy and Pathology Laboratory, Pathology Service, Hospital of São João, Al Hernani Monteiro, 4200 451 Porto, Portugal
Acta Cytol 52:124-32. 2008
..To evaluate advantages and drawbacks of fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) with flow cytometry (FC) in our routine, using, whenever possible, histology as the gold standard...
- Fine needle biopsy and genetics, two allied weapons in the diagnosis, prognosis, and target therapeutics of solid pediatric tumors
Servico de Anatomia Patologica, Hospital de S Joao, Al Hernani Monteiro, 4200 468 Porto, Portugal
Diagn Cytopathol 36:678-84. 2008
- Altered expression of key cell cycle regulators in renal cell carcinoma associated with Xp11.2 translocation
Laboratório de Anatomia Patológica, Al Hernani Monteiro 4200 451, Hospital de S Joao, Porto, Portugal
Pathol Res Pract 205:466-72. 2009
..Our study confirms that TFE3-positive RCC exhibits a deregulation of the cell cycle apparently unrelated to the young age of the patients...
- Nephroblastoma is a success of paediatric oncologic therapy. How further can we go?: Results of a cyto-histologic correlation study
Hospital de S Joao, Servico de Anatomia Patologica, Al Hernani Monteiro, Porto, Portugal
Diagn Cytopathol 38:477-81. 2010
..Further studies should be performed to stratify the influence of necrosis, apoptosis, and proliferation in chemosensivity of nephroblastomas...
- Fine needle aspiration of a lymph node in an HIV patient with chronic infection by Leishmania: a case report
Filomena Barreto de Faria
Anatomic Pathology Service, Hospital of São, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
Acta Cytol 54:946-8. 2010
..The diagnosis of other microorganisms, such as fungi, helminthes and protozoa, is less likely, and most cases are reported as curiosities...
- Deep-seated congenital juvenile xanthogranuloma: report of a case with emphasis on cytologic features
Service of Pathology, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Hospital de S Joao, Instituto de Patologia e Imunologia da Univesidade do Porto, Portugal
Acta Cytol 51:473-6. 2007
..Independent of its location, the prognosis is excellent, even after incomplete resection. The lesions usually resolve spontaneously within 3 years of diagnosis...
- Cytologic and cytogenetic diagnosis of pediatric renal cell carcinoma associated with t(X;17)
Acta Cytol 52:384-6. 2008