Ruchira Tabassum Naved
Affiliation: International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research
- Medically unexplained illness and the diagnosis of hysterical conversion reaction (HCR) in women's medicine wards of Bangladeshi hospitals: a record review and qualitative studyEmily A Kendall
Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine, Bigelow 740, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
BMC Womens Health 12:38. 2012....
- Factors associated with spousal physical violence against women in BangladeshRuchira Tabassum Naved
Social and Behavioral Sciences Unit, Public Health Sciences Division, International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh
Stud Fam Plann 36:289-300. 2005..In the rural area, women's earning an income increased the risk. These factors are important to consider when designing interventions...
- Physical violence by husbands: magnitude, disclosure and help-seeking behavior of women in BangladeshRuchira Tabassum Naved
ICDDR, B Center for Health and Population Research, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Soc Sci Med 62:2917-29. 2006..The findings show that although providing appropriate services is absolutely necessary, it is also important to foster the use of such services and to help women overcome the barriers for accessing these services...
- Factors associated with physical spousal abuse of women during pregnancy in BangladeshRuchira Tabassum Naved
Social and Behavioural Sciences Unit, International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Int Fam Plan Perspect 34:71-8. 2008....
- Spousal violence against women and suicidal ideation in BangladeshRuchira Tabassum Naved
Social and Behavioural Sciences Unit, Public Health Sciences Division, ICDDR, B, Mohakhali, Bangladesh
Womens Health Issues 18:442-52. 2008..This paper explores suicidal ideation among reproductive-aged, ever-married women in Bangladesh and its association with physical, sexual, and emotional violence by their husband...
- Paramedic-conducted mental health counselling for abused women in rural Bangladesh: an evaluation from the perspective of participantsRuchira T Naved
Public Health Sciences Division, ICDDR, B, GPO Box 128, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
J Health Popul Nutr 27:477-91. 2009..In a context characterized by low self-confidence of women, lack of opportunity to talk about violence, and absence of professional mental health counselling services, this initiative is sufficiently promising to warrant further testing...
- Violence against women with chronic maternal disabilities in rural BangladeshRuchira T Naved
ICDDR, B, GPO Box 128, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
J Health Popul Nutr 30:181-92. 2012....
- Sexual violence towards married women in BangladeshRuchira Tabassum Naved
Centre for Equity and Health Systems, ICDDR B, Mohakhali, Dhaka, 1212, Bangladesh
Arch Sex Behav 42:595-602. 2013..Notions of gender equality; women's sexual rights; and women's right to consent and choice need to be widely promoted particularly among men...
- Spousal violence in Bangladesh: a call for a public-health responseHeidi Bart Johnston
ICDDR, B, Mohakhali, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
J Health Popul Nutr 26:366-77. 2008..Action research is needed to develop and test preventive and curative interventions...