M Salah Uddin Khan
Affiliation: International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research
- Pig illnesses and epidemics: a qualitative study on perceptions and practices of pig raisers in BangladeshNazmun Nahar
International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh ICDDR, B, GPO Box 128, Mohakhali, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Vet Ital 48:157-65. 2012..A better surveillance system for pig diseases would provide an opportunity to identify the transmission of diseases, determine whether they pose a risk to humans, or whether they contribute to the emergence of diseases...
- A randomized controlled trial of interventions to impede date palm sap contamination by bats to prevent nipah virus transmission in BangladeshSalah Uddin Khan
International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh
PLoS ONE 7:e42689. 2012..Fruit bats, the natural reservoir of NiV, commonly contaminate raw sap with saliva by licking date palm's sap producing surface. We evaluated four types of physical barriers that may prevent bats from contacting sap...
- Use of infrared camera to understand bats' access to date palm sap: implications for preventing Nipah virus transmissionM Salah Uddin Khan
PIDVS, HSID, ICDDR, B, 68 Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmed Sharani, Mohakhali, 1212 Dhaka, Bangladesh
Ecohealth 7:517-25. 2010..Efforts that prevent bat access to the shaved surface and the sap stream of the tree could reduce Nipah spillovers to the human population...
- Piloting the use of indigenous methods to prevent Nipah virus infection by interrupting bats' access to date palm sap in BangladeshNazmun Nahar
International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh ICDDR, B, Mohakhali, Post Box128, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Health Promot Int 28:378-86. 2013..Further studies should explore its ability to prevent bats from accessing date palm sap and assess if its use produces more or better quality sap, which would provide further incentives to make it more acceptable for its regular use. ..
- Bangladeshi backyard poultry raisers' perceptions and practices related to zoonotic transmission of avian influenzaRebeca Sultana
Center for Communicable Diseases, ICCDR, B, Dhaka, Bangladesh
J Infect Dev Ctries 6:156-65. 2012..This paper explores the perception of Bangladeshi backyard poultry raisers regarding poultry sickness and zoonotic disease transmission and relevant practices...