M Saiful Islam
Affiliation: International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research
- Bangladeshi backyard poultry raisers' perceptions and practices related to zoonotic transmission of avian influenzaRebeca Sultana
Center for Communicable Diseases, ICCDR, B, Dhaka, Bangladesh
J Infect Dev Ctries 6:156-65. 2012..This paper explores the perception of Bangladeshi backyard poultry raisers regarding poultry sickness and zoonotic disease transmission and relevant practices...
- Family caregivers in public tertiary care hospitals in Bangladesh: risks and opportunities for infection controlM Saiful Islam
Centre for Communicable Diseases, International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research ICDDR, B, Dhaka, Bangladesh Electronic address
Am J Infect Control 42:305-10. 2014..Family caregivers are integral to patient care in Bangladeshi public hospitals. This study explored family caregivers' activities and their perceptions and practices related to disease transmission and prevention in public hospitals...
- Social ecological analysis of an outbreak of pufferfish egg poisoning in a coastal area of BangladeshM Saiful Islam
International Centre for Diarrheal Disease Research, Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Am J Trop Med Hyg 85:498-503. 2011....
- Family and community concerns about post-mortem needle biopsies in a Muslim societyEmily S Gurley
GPO 128, International Centre for Diarrheal Diseases Research, Bangladesh, Mohakhali, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
BMC Med Ethics 12:10. 2011..The goal of this study was to better understand family and community concerns and decision-making about post-mortem needle biopsies in this low-income, predominantly Muslim country in order to design an informed consent process...
- Nipah virus infection outbreak with nosocomial and corpse-to-human transmission, BangladeshHossain M S Sazzad
ICDDR, B, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Emerg Infect Dis 19:210-7. 2013..4%, matched odds ratio undefined). Efforts to prevent transmission should focus on reducing caregivers' exposure to infected patients' bodily secretions during care and traditional burial practices...
- Backyard poultry raising in Bangladesh: a valued resource for the villagers and a setting for zoonotic transmission of avian influenza. A qualitative studyR Sultana
Center for Communicable Diseases, International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Rural Remote Health 12:1927. 2012..The aim of this study was to understand why people raise backyard poultry and to characterize people's regular interaction with their poultry...
- Fatal outbreak from consuming Xanthium strumarium seedlings during time of food scarcity in northeastern BangladeshEmily S Gurley
Programme on Infectious Diseases and Vaccine Sciences, International Centre for Diarrheal Diseases Research, Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh
PLoS ONE 5:e9756. 2010..An outbreak characterized by vomiting and rapid progression to unconsciousness and death was reported in Sylhet Distrct in northeastern Bangladesh following destructive monsoon floods in November 2007...
- Anthrax outbreaks in Bangladesh, 2009-2010Apurba Chakraborty
Centre for Communicable Diseases, Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Am J Trop Med Hyg 86:703-10. 2012..Addressing these challenges and adopting a joint animal and human health approach could contribute to detecting and preventing such outbreaks in the future...