- D2-40, a novel immunohistochemical marker in differentiating dermatofibroma from dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Mod Pathol 23:434-8. 2010
..Our findings suggest that D2-40 can be used as a complementary immunostain to factor XIIIa and CD34 in problematic and challenging cases on superficial biopsies...
- Molecular biology of normal melanocytes and melanoma cells
Department of Applied Molecular Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Pathol 66:644-8. 2013
..This article reviews the molecular events and recent findings associated with malignant melanoma. ..
- Lipocalin2 promotes invasion, tumorigenicity and gemcitabine resistance in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma
Ontario Cancer Institute Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e46677. 2012
..These overall results demonstrate that LCN2 plays an important role in the malignant progression of pancreatic ductal carcinoma and is a potential therapeutic target for this disease...
- L1 cell adhesion molecule promotes tumorigenicity and metastatic potential in non-small cell lung cancer
Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 18:1914-24. 2012
..However, there is little information on the biologic function of L1CAM in lung cancer cells. This study investigates the functional and prognostic role of L1CAM in NSCLC...
- Prognostic gene-expression signature of carcinoma-associated fibroblasts in non-small cell lung cancer
The Campbell Family Institute for Cancer Research, Ontario Cancer Institute at Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:7160-5. 2011
..Six of these 14 genes could be induced by TGF-β1 in NF. The results establish the prognostic impact of CAF-associated gene-expression changes in NSCLC patients...
- Photodynamic molecular beacon triggered by fibroblast activation protein on cancer-associated fibroblasts for diagnosis and treatment of epithelial cancers
Pui Chi Lo
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1L7, Canada
J Med Chem 52:358-68. 2009
..This study suggests that the FAP-PPB is a potentially useful tool for epithelial cancer detection and treatment...
- Co-overexpression of Met and hepatocyte growth factor promotes systemic metastasis in NCI-H460 non-small cell lung carcinoma cells
Ontario Cancer Institute and Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Ontario, Canada
Neoplasia 11:1292-300. 2009
..Targeted interference of this loop may potentially be an effective adjuvant therapy to improve survival of early-stage NSCLC patients...