- D2-40, a novel immunohistochemical marker in differentiating dermatofibroma from dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Mod Pathol 23:434-8. 2010
..Our findings suggest that D2-40 can be used as a complementary immunostain to factor XIIIa and CD34 in problematic and challenging cases on superficial biopsies...
- Molecular biology of normal melanocytes and melanoma cells
Department of Applied Molecular Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Pathol 66:644-8. 2013
..This article reviews the molecular events and recent findings associated with malignant melanoma. ..
- Lipocalin2 promotes invasion, tumorigenicity and gemcitabine resistance in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma
Ontario Cancer Institute Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e46677. 2012
..These overall results demonstrate that LCN2 plays an important role in the malignant progression of pancreatic ductal carcinoma and is a potential therapeutic target for this disease...
- L1 cell adhesion molecule promotes tumorigenicity and metastatic potential in non-small cell lung cancer
Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 18:1914-24. 2012
..However, there is little information on the biologic function of L1CAM in lung cancer cells. This study investigates the functional and prognostic role of L1CAM in NSCLC...
- Prognostic gene-expression signature of carcinoma-associated fibroblasts in non-small cell lung cancer
The Campbell Family Institute for Cancer Research, Ontario Cancer Institute at Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:7160-5. 2011
..Six of these 14 genes could be induced by TGF-β1 in NF. The results establish the prognostic impact of CAF-associated gene-expression changes in NSCLC patients...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor mutation-specific immunohistochemical antibodies in lung adenocarcinoma
Department of Pathology, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Histopathology 64:826-39. 2014
..We investigated the sensitivity and specificity of two novel Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutation-specific antibodies in the detection of the most common EGFR mutations in lung adenocarcinoma...
- Pooled analysis of the prognostic and predictive effects of KRAS mutation status and KRAS mutation subtype in early-stage resected non-small-cell lung cancer in four trials of adjuvant chemotherapy
Frances A Shepherd
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Room 5 103, 610 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 31:2173-81. 2013
..We undertook this analysis of KRAS mutation in four trials of adjuvant chemotherapy (ACT) versus observation (OBS) to clarify the prognostic/predictive roles of KRAS in non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Co-overexpression of Met and hepatocyte growth factor promotes systemic metastasis in NCI-H460 non-small cell lung carcinoma cells
Ontario Cancer Institute and Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Ontario, Canada
Neoplasia 11:1292-300. 2009
..Targeted interference of this loop may potentially be an effective adjuvant therapy to improve survival of early-stage NSCLC patients...
- Photodynamic molecular beacon triggered by fibroblast activation protein on cancer-associated fibroblasts for diagnosis and treatment of epithelial cancers
Pui Chi Lo
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1L7, Canada
J Med Chem 52:358-68. 2009
..This study suggests that the FAP-PPB is a potentially useful tool for epithelial cancer detection and treatment...