- Bullying among trainee doctors in Southern India: a questionnaire study
K L Bairy
Department of Pharmacology, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Karnataka, India
J Postgrad Med 53:87-90, 90A-91A. 2007
..Workplace bullying is an important and serious issue in a healthcare setting because of its potential impact on the welfare of care-providers as well as the consumers...
- L-ascorbic acid ameliorates postnatal endosulfan induced testicular damage in rats
Department of Physiology, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 49:331-6. 2005
..Endosulfan induces the testicular damage following postnatal exposure and L-ascorbic acid prevents the adverse effects considerably in the rat...
- The effect of carbamazepine on sperm counts in Wistar rats--reflecting upon its mitogenic potential
Akhila J Shetty
Department of Pharmacology, Kasturba Medical College, Light House Hill Road, Mangalore 1, Karnataka, India
Reprod Biol 7:177-81. 2007
..On day 35, 9 mg/kg and 36 mg/kg of carbamazepine increased the sperm number in comparison with untreated rats. The results of the study suggest that carbamazepine is a germ cell mitogen...
- Neonatal methyl parathion exposure affects the growth and functions of the male reproductive system in the adult rat
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, HSC, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 65:26-33. 2006
..These findings are important to the general public, as there is a chance of children being exposed to this pesticide...
- Effects of methyl parathion (o,o-dimethyl o-4-nitrophenyl phosphorothioate) on rat sperm morphology and sperm count, but not fertility, are associated with decreased ascorbic acid level in the testis
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, HSC, Kuwait University, P O Box No 24923, Safat 13110, Kuwait
Mutat Res 588:28-34. 2005
..Furthermore, MP-induced changes in the germ cells do not have any significant effects on F1 generation...
- Enhanced wound contraction and epithelization period in steroid treated rats: role of pyramid environment
Department of Physiology, Melaka Manipal Medical College, Manipal 576104, India
Indian J Exp Biol 44:902-4. 2006
..Thus, it appears that pyramid environment facilitates the process of wound healing. Also, the wound healing suppressant effects of dexamethasone were significantly reduced...
- The reproductive toxicity of the organophosphate pesticide 0, 0-dimethyl 0-4-nitrophenyl phosphorothioate (methyl parathion) in the male rat
Department of Anatomy, Centre for Basic Sciences, Kasturba Medical College, Bejai, Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 65:309-21. 2006
..In conclusion, MP is a reproductive toxicant in the male rat and causes deterioration in the structural integrity of the reproductive organs and also the biochemical parameters in the epididymis...
- Developmental and behavioral consequences of prenatal fluoxetine
K L Bairy
Department of Pharmacology, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India
Pharmacology 79:1-11. 2007
..Aim: Hence, the present study was planned to evaluate the postnatal behavioral effects of fluoxetine on albino rats...
- Pyramid environment reduces the wound healing suppressant properties of dexamethasone in albino rats
Department of Physiology, International Centre for Health Sciences, Manipal, India
Indian J Exp Biol 41:645-8. 2003
..The results indicate that the environment within the wooden pyramid not only promotes significant wound healing but also reduces the wound healing suppressant effect of dexamethasone. Histological studies also confirmed the results...
- Does metronidazole reduce lipid peroxidation in burn injuries to promote healing?
C Mallikarjuna Rao
Department of Pharmacology and Biochemistry, Kasturba Medical College, 576119, Karnataka, Manipal, India
Burns 28:427-9. 2002
..Metronidazole, if administered to patients with burns, besides offering protection against anaerobic infections, might also protect the patients from some aspects of burn induced oxidative stress...
- Effect of acyclovir on the sperm parameters of albino mice
K L Bairy
Department of Pharmacology, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal 576 104
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 53:327-33. 2009
..All these effects were reversible by day 70. ACV exerts reversible genotoxic and cytotoxic effect on germ cells. ACV does not affect stem cell lines of spermatogenesis since all sperm parameters return to control level on day 70...
- Evaluation of intraperitoneal vincristine in malignant peritoneal effusion
K L Bairy
Department of Pharmacology, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal 576 119
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 47:270-8. 2003
..Our experimental data suggests that intraperitoneal administration of vincristine is beneficial in malignant peritoneal effusion...
- Efficacy and tolerability of trandolapril in mild to moderate hypertension--a double blind comparative clinical trial with enalapril in Indian population
Pinakini K Shankar
Department of Pharmacology, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 50:421-6. 2006
..Also trandolapril was better tolerated than enalapril with no significant abnormality in lab parameters...
- Evaluation of hepatoprotective activity of Ginkgo biloba in rats
K Ashok Shenoy
Department of Pharmacology, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore-575 001
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 46:167-74. 2002
..The results obtained from the study indicate hepatoprotective nature of GB, which might be due to its ability to prevent lipid peroxidation and replenishing the gllutathione level. The effects of GB were comparable to that of silymarin...
- Chronic prenatal restraint stress induced memory impairment in passive avoidance task in post weaned male and female Wistar rats
Saju Binu Cherian
Department of Anatomy, Melaka Manipal Medical College, Manipal Campus, ICHS, Manipal, Karnataka 576 104, India
Indian J Exp Biol 47:893-9. 2009
..These data reinforce the view that prenatal stress affects cognitive development in a sex-specific manner...
- Effect of Phyllanthus niruri on wound healing in rats
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 49:487-90. 2005
- Dacarbazine induces genotoxic and cytotoxic germ cell damage with concomitant decrease in testosterone and increase in lactate dehydrogenase concentration in the testis
S Ganesh Kumar
Department of Physiology and Anatomy, Melaka Manipal Medical College, International Centre for Health Sciences, Madhav Nagar, Manipal 576104, India
Mutat Res 607:240-52. 2006
..We conclude that dacarbazine is genotoxic and cytotoxic to the mouse testis in a transient fashion, and these effects are exerted along with decrease in testosterone and increase in lactate dehydrogenase levels in the testis...
- Effect of intracerebroventricular methotrexate on brain amines
Departments of Anatomy, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal--576 119
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 49:427-35. 2005
..Disruption of brain monoamines has been proposed as a cause of brain dysfunction from this chemotherapy. The outcome of the study may have therapeutic implications in the management of childhood lymphoblastic leukemia...