- Is magnesium citrate treatment effective on pain, clinical parameters and functional status in patients with fibromyalgia?
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Acibadem University Medical School, Istanbul, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 33:167-72. 2013
..The magnesium citrate treatment was only effective tender points and the intensity of fibromyalgia. However, it was effective on all parameters when used in combination with amitriptyline...
- Free radicals and antioxidants in primary fibromyalgia: an oxidative stress disorder?
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department, Mersin University Medical School, Mersin, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 25:188-90. 2005
..Increased free radical levels may be responsible for the development of fibromyalgia. These findings may support the hypothesis of fibromyalgia as an oxidative disorder...
- The effect of hand osteoarthritis on grip and pinch strength and hand function in postmenopausal women
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mersin University Medical School, Mersin, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 22:420-4. 2003
..In conclusion, hand osteoarthritis contributes to hand dysfunction, mainly related to the severity of osteoarthritis, pain, joint involvement and the presence of nodules...
- No effect of GA-AS (904 nm) laser irradiation on the intact skin of the injured rat sciatic nerve
Mersin University, Adana, Turkey
Lasers Med Sci 18:83-8. 2003
..31, 2.48 and 19 J/cm2) or control nerves when evaluated by light microscopy. This study showed that low-energy GaAs irradiation did not have any effect on the injured rat sciatic nerve...
- Acute electrophysiologic effect of pulsed gallium-arsenide low energy laser irradiation on configuration of compound nerve action potential and nerve excitability
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Mersin, Turkey
Lasers Surg Med 30:376-80. 2002
..We evaluated the acute electrophysiologic effects of low-energy pulsed laser irradiation, measured by extracellular recording technique on compound action potential configuration and nerve excitability in the isolated frog sciatic nerve..
- Acute electrophysiological effect of pulsed gallium-arsenide low-energy laser irradiation on isolated frog sciatic nerve
Department of Biophysics, University of Mersin, Turkey
Lasers Med Sci 17:62-7. 2002
- Lumbar and femoral bone mineral density in type 2 Turkish diabetic patients
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mersin University, School of Medicine, Mersin Turkey
Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove) 44:141-3. 2001
..Moreover, we found higher level of urinary calcium in the controls. On the basis of these results, we suggest that osteoporosis cannot be considered a complication of type 2 diabetes...
- A case of ochronosis: upper extremity involvement
Mersin University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Orthopedics, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 21:78-80. 2001
..We present an ochronotic patient with spondylosis and upper extremity involvement. We also evaluated radiologic findings of joints that were involved and MRI features of the lumbar spine...
- Is there a role of free oxygen radicals in primary male osteoporosis?
Department of Biochemistry, Mersin University Pharmacy School, Mersin, Turkey
Clin Exp Rheumatol 23:689-92. 2005
..In this study we investigated the role of free oxygen radicals and antioxidants on male osteoporosis in 31 male patients with primary osteoporosis and 21 subjects as controls...
- Biomechanical evaluation in osteoporosis: ovariectomized rat model
Department of Biochemistry, Mersin University Medical School, Mersin, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 26:380-4. 2007
..097). Ultimate strain was 25% less than controls in OVX rats. Cortical thickness was significantly decreased in OVX rats than in controls (p<0.05). In conclusion, femur biomechanical parameters are decreased in osteoporosis...
- Low-exposure cadmium is more toxic on osteoporotic rat femoral bone: mechanical, biochemical, and histopathological evaluation
Department of Biophysics, Mersin University Medical School, Mersin, Turkey
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 66:267-71. 2007
..The results of the present study indicate that the administration of low-dose Cd does not affect normal bone biomechanical parameters, but it has a significant effect on osteoporotic bone...
- Acute effect of single-dose cadmium treatment on lipid peroxidation and antioxidant enzymes in ovariectomized rats
Department of Biochemistry, Mersin University Pharmacy School, Mersin 33169, Turkey
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 65:140-4. 2006
..Based on the data, it can be stated that cadmium increases the effect of ovariectomy on lipid peroxidation, impairs the antioxidant defense system, and induces oxidative stress...
- Bone mineral density and grip strength in postmenopausal Turkish women with osteoporosis: site specific or systemic?
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Faculty of Medicine, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Int J Fertil Womens Med 47:236-9. 2002
..The bone mineral density of the lumbar spine, femoral neck and the nondominant hand were measured by DEXA...
- Electrophysiologic effect of gallium arsenide laser on frog gastrocnemius muscle
Department of Biophysics, University of Mersin, Turkey
Lasers Surg Med 30:221-6. 2002
..In this study, the effect of low energy Gallium arsenide (GaAs) laser irradiation on the compound action potential of frog gastrocnemius muscle were investigated...
- Correlation of serum cytokine levels with axial bone mineral density
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, School of Medicine, University of Mersin, Mersin, Turkey
Singapore Med J 43:576-8. 2002
..However increased production of these cytokines may occur in the local environment of bone...
- Study of axial bone mineral density in postmenopausal women with diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis related to type 2 diabetes mellitus
Mersin University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of PMR, Mersin, Turkey
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 11:801-4. 2002
..The association of bone mineral density (BMD) with diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH) related to diabetes mellitus was studied...
- Coexistence of fibromyalgia, temporomandibular disorder, and masticatory myofascial pain syndromes
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 27:541-4. 2007
..Our results indicate that coexistence of FM and TMD with MMP is high. Pain and tenderness in the masticatory muscles appear to be an important element in FM, so in some patients it may be the leading complaint...
- Bone mineral density in premenopausal women with major depression
Aylin Ertekin Yazici
Department of Psychiatry, Mersin University Medical School, Mersin, Turkey
Joint Bone Spine 72:540-3. 2005
..To investigate the relationship between the major depression and bone mineral density (BMD) in premenopausal women...