- Delisting of infants and children from the heart transplantation waiting list after carvedilol treatment
Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:2034-8. 2002
..We performed a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of carvedilol effects in children with severe, chronic heart failure (HF), despite the use of conventional therapy...
- Heart transplantation in children: clinical outcome during the early postoperative period
Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pediatr Transplant 9:491-7. 2005
..Retransplantation had high mortality during the perioperative period...
- [B-type natriuretic peptide assessment in the diagnosis of rejection after pediatric heart transplant]
Cristina de Sylos
Instituto do Coracao, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 92:215-26. 2009
..B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) has been studied as a method for the diagnosis of acute rejection, especially in adult patients undergoing heart transplant...
- Ascending aortic aneurysm after pediatric heart transplantation: case report of an unusual complication
Marcelo Biscegli Jatene
Heart Institute, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Heart Lung Transplant 24:638-41. 2005
..After 64 months, the patients clinical condition was confirmed as normal by echocardiogram. Surgical treatment was successful and the positive results have been maintained...
- Eight-year experience of pediatric heart transplantation: clinical outcome using non-invasive methods for the evaluation of acute rejection
Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil
Pediatr Transplant 6:208-13. 2002
..Hence, double immunosuppression with polyclonal anti-thymocyte serum induction therapy combined with surveillance of acute rejection with non-invasive tests may provide promising clinical outcome in pediatric heart transplant recipients...
- Factors associated with failure of weaning from long-term mechanical ventilation after cardiac surgery
Division of Anesthesia, Surgery and Physiotherapy, Heart Institute Incor Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Brazil
Int Heart J 46:819-31. 2005
..It is concluded that cardiac dysfunction, the need for dialysis, and pneumonia are determinants for weaning failure in patients undergoing long-term mechanical ventilation after cardiac surgery...
- Post-transplantation lymphoproliferative disorder in pediatric patient
Paulo Manuel Pego Fernandes
Instituto do Coracao, Hospital das Clinicas, FM, USP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 87:e108-11. 2006
..We report the case of a child undergoing heart transplantation at seven months of age who developed PTLD at nine years of age, diagnosed by resection of a pulmonary nodule...