- The effects of air pollutants on nasal functions of outdoor runners
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Bagcılar Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 271:713-7. 2014
..Exercise is important for our health, but it should be noted that the environment in which we run is as important as doing sports for our health, especially in outdoor runners. ..
- Vitamin D levels in children with recurrent tonsillitis
Department of Otolaryngology, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 75:364-7. 2011
..In this study, our aim was to determine the serum vitamin D levels and vitamin D receptor polymorphism among children undergone tonsillectomy due to the recurrent tonsillitis...
- The role of vitamin D in children with recurrent tonsillopharyngitis
Istanbul Medical Faculty, Department of Pediatrics, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Ital J Pediatr 38:25. 2012
..In this study, our aim was to determine the potential role of vitamin D in recurrent tonsillitis by measuring serum 25-OH vitamin D levels and determining the vitamin D receptor polymorphism among children with recurrent tonsillitis...
- Morphometric analysis of the maxillary sinus in patients with nasal septum deviation
Department of ENT, Istanbul Medipol University, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 271:727-32. 2014
..Maxillary sinus volumes were found to be significantly smaller on the ipsilateral side of septal deviation compared with the contralateral side. ..
- Enhanced nerve growth factor expression by mast cells does not differ significantly between idiopathic and allergic rhinitis
Division of Allergy, Department of Internal Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Turkey
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 108:396-401. 2012
..The role of neurotrophins in allergic rhinitis (AR) has been well studied, but it has not been evaluated in idiopathic rhinitis (IR)...
- Is acetaminophen as effective as an antihistamine-decongestant-acetaminophen combination in relieving symptoms of acute nasopharyngitis in children? A randomised, controlled trial
Department of Pediatrics, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Capa, TR 34390, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:1277-85. 2007
..To determine the efficiency of drugs, which include antihistaminic-decongestant-acetaminophen agents versus only acetaminophen in symptomatic treatment of acute nasopharyngitis in children...
- [An efficacy comparison of betahistin, trimetazidine and ginkgo biloba extract in patients with tinnitus]
Department of Otolaryngology, Medipol University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 23:143-7. 2013
..This study aims to investigate the efficacy of trimetazidine, betahistine and ginkgo biloba extract in the treatment of tinnitus...
- Allergic vs nonallergic rhinitis: which is more predisposing to chronic rhinosinusitis?
Allergy Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 101:18-22. 2008
..The impact of allergy on chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS) is controversial...