- The analysis of the maxillary sinus volumes and the nasal septal deviation in patients with antrochoanal polyps
Otorhinolaryngology Department, Bagcılar Education and Research Hospital, Merkez mah Mimar sinan cad no 6 Güngören, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 272:3347-52. 2015
..In conclusion, the maxillary sinus volumes increased in ACP patients compared with the healthy control group. Many patients had nasal septal deviation on the opposite side of the ACP...
- A case of sinonasal paraganglioma with a different morphology: nine-year follow-up
Deparment of Otolaryngology, Bagcilar Training and Research Hospital, 34200 Güngören, Istanbul, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 25:43-5. 2015
..The prognosis of a nasal paraganglioma is not very clear. The present article is important, as it describes the first case report of a sinonasal paraganglioma with atypical lipoblast-like vacuolated cells with a nine-year follow-up. ..
- The effects of air pollutants on nasal functions of outdoor runners
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Bagcılar Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 271:713-7. 2014
..Exercise is important for our health, but it should be noted that the environment in which we run is as important as doing sports for our health, especially in outdoor runners...
- Vitamin D levels in children with recurrent tonsillitis
Department of Otolaryngology, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 75:364-7. 2011
..In this study, our aim was to determine the serum vitamin D levels and vitamin D receptor polymorphism among children undergone tonsillectomy due to the recurrent tonsillitis...
- The role of vitamin D in children with recurrent tonsillopharyngitis
Istanbul Medical Faculty, Department of Pediatrics, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Ital J Pediatr 38:25. 2012
..In this study, our aim was to determine the potential role of vitamin D in recurrent tonsillitis by measuring serum 25-OH vitamin D levels and determining the vitamin D receptor polymorphism among children with recurrent tonsillitis...
- The impact of pharyngeal repair time and suture frequency on the development of pharyngocutaneous fistula after total laryngectomy
From the Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Bagcılar Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul and Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Medical Park Hospital, Elazig, Turkey
J Craniofac Surg 25:775-9. 2014
..Pharyngocutaneous fistula (PCF) is the most common postoperative complication after total laryngectomy. The aim of this study was to determine the relationship between PCF with pharyngeal repair time and the number of mucosal sutures...
- Metastatic follicular thyroid carcinoma masquerading as olfactory neuroblastoma: with skull-base, cranium, paranasal sinus, lung, and diffuse bone metastases
From the Departments of Pathology, Ear and Nose and Throat, and Nuclear Medicine, Bagcilar Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Craniofac Surg 26:e3-6. 2015
..This case showed us that multidisciplinary work and assessment of the oncology council play a highly critical role in making the diagnosis and guiding the treatment. ..
- A radiological analysis of inferior turbinate in patients with deviated nasal septum by using computed tomography
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Istanbul Medipol University, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Rhinol Allergy 28:e68-72. 2014
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the relationship between nasal septum deviation grade and inferior turbinate hypertrophy with the computed tomography (CT)...
- Morphometric analysis of the maxillary sinus in patients with nasal septum deviation
Department of ENT, Istanbul Medipol University, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 271:727-32. 2014
..Maxillary sinus volumes were found to be significantly smaller on the ipsilateral side of septal deviation compared with the contralateral side...
- Histopathological diversity in parotidectomy materials in Turkish population: clinicopathologic analysis and demographic features of 136 cases in a tertiary care hospital
Department of Pathology, Bagcilar Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:5701-7. 2014
..The aim of this study is to determine demographic features and histopathologic distribution of parotid neoplasms in a large sample from Turkey...
- Enhanced nerve growth factor expression by mast cells does not differ significantly between idiopathic and allergic rhinitis
Division of Allergy, Department of Internal Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Turkey
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 108:396-401. 2012
..The role of neurotrophins in allergic rhinitis (AR) has been well studied, but it has not been evaluated in idiopathic rhinitis (IR)...
- Is acetaminophen as effective as an antihistamine-decongestant-acetaminophen combination in relieving symptoms of acute nasopharyngitis in children? A randomised, controlled trial
Department of Pediatrics, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Capa, TR 34390, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:1277-85. 2007
..To determine the efficiency of drugs, which include antihistaminic-decongestant-acetaminophen agents versus only acetaminophen in symptomatic treatment of acute nasopharyngitis in children...
- Atypical presentation of primary giant nasal septal mucopyocele
Otorhinolaryngology Department, Bagcılar Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Craniofac Surg 23:e5-7. 2012
..This is the first case of a giant septal mucopyocele of its kind in the literature. Although nasal septal mucocele is very rare, it should be considered in differential diagnosis of intranasal masses...
- [An efficacy comparison of betahistin, trimetazidine and ginkgo biloba extract in patients with tinnitus]
Department of Otolaryngology, Medipol University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 23:143-7. 2013
..This study aims to investigate the efficacy of trimetazidine, betahistine and ginkgo biloba extract in the treatment of tinnitus...
- Allergic vs nonallergic rhinitis: which is more predisposing to chronic rhinosinusitis?
Allergy Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 101:18-22. 2008
..The impact of allergy on chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS) is controversial...