- Serum insulin, leptin, and neuropeptide y levels in epileptic children treated with valproate
Department of Pediatric Neurology, Selcuk Univeristy Meram Medical Faculty, Meram, Konya, Turkey
J Child Neurol 20:848-51. 2005
..These results suggest that weight gain during valproate treatment might be related to low glucose and high insulin, cortisol, leptin, and neuropeptide Y levels...
- Acute childhood hemiplegia associated with chickenpox and elevated anticardiolipin antibody
Universitesi Meram Tip Fakültesi, Konya, Turkey
J Child Neurol 21:890-3. 2006
..Usually, two or more risk factors are detected in children with ischemic strokes, and we suggest that all possible causes of strokes be investigated in children with ischemic strokes...
- Reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy and Adie's pupil after measles vaccination
Pediatrik Nöroloji Bilim Dali, Selçuk Universitesi Meran Tip Facültesi, 42080 Konya, Turkey
J Child Neurol 21:525-7. 2006
..In this article, we describe a case of reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy and Adie's pupil association that occurred after measles vaccination. To our knowledge, this association has not been reported...
- Utility of electroencephalography in the evaluation of common neurologic conditions in children
Department of Pediatric Neurology, Gazi University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
J Child Neurol 18:394-6. 2003
- Plasma leptin, neuropeptide Y, ghrelin, and adiponectin levels and carotid artery intima media thickness in epileptic children treated with valproate
Department of Pediatrics, Meram Faculty of Medicine, Konya University, 42080, Meram, Konya, Turkey
Childs Nerv Syst 28:1049-53. 2012
..The aim of the present study was to evaluate plasma insulin, leptin, neuropeptide Y (NPY), ghrelin, and adiponectin levels in children with epilepsy treated with VPA and to evaluate these parameters for early atherosclerosis...
- Prevalence of epilepsy in Turkish children between the ages of 0 and 16 years
Department of Pediatric Neurology, Gazi University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Child Neurol 19:271-4. 2004
..Male gender, preterm, and post-term delivery increased the risk of developing epilepsy. Early diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy, as well as the education of health workers and families, are very important...
- Iodine and selenium deficiency in school-children in an endemic goiter area in Turkey
Selcuk University Medical Faculty, Konya, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 15:1027-31. 2002
..In conclusion, school-children in this area had significant goiter problems, probably due to the iodine and selenium deficiencies...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 levels of children living in an iodine- and selenium-deficient endemic goiter area
Department of Pediatrics, Selcuk University Medical Faculty, Konya, Turkey
Biol Trace Elem Res 90:25-30. 2002
..These results suggest that IGF-I and IGFBP-3 levels are affected by thyroid dysfunction as a result of iodine and selenium deficiency. However, IGF-I and IGFBP-3 levels are not associated with goiter...
- Amitraz poisoning in children
Department of Paediatrics, Selcuk University Medical Faculty, Konya, Turkey
Eur J Pediatr 161:349-50. 2002
..There is no information available in the general paediatric literature about amitraz poisoning. In the present study, which is the largest series in the literature, we report 24 children with amitraz poisoning...
- Moyamoya disease presented with migrainelike headache in a 4-year-old girl
Department of Pediatric Neurology, Selcuk University Faculty of Medicine, Konya, Turkey
J Child Neurol 18:361-3. 2003
..In any case of atypical migrainelike headache, a detailed investigation should be kept in mind to detect an underlying vascular disease such as moyamoya...
- Tc-99m-HMPAO SPECT in the diagnosis of brain death in children
Department of Pediatric Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Pediatr Int 46:711-4. 2004
- Fatal valproate overdose in a newborn baby
Selcuk University, Meram Medical Faculty, Department of Pediatrics, 42060 Meram, Konya, Turkey
Hum Exp Toxicol 26:453-6. 2007
..However, it is not safe for patients under two years of age, especially during the newborn period. This study presents a case of fatal valproate overdose in a 26-day-old female newborn, who is the youngest patient in the literature...
- Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy findings and clinical effects of montelukast sodium in a case with Sjögren-Larsson syndrome
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Endocrinology, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
J Child Neurol 21:1092-5. 2006
..He benefited from treatment with montelukast sodium, especially with respect to the agonizing pruritus...
- Epstein-Barr virus encephalitis: findings of MRI, MRS, diffusion and perfusion
Department of Radiology, Selcuk University Meram Faculty of Medicine, Konya, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 53:680-3. 2011
..Additionally, we discuss the MRI, MRS, DWI and MR perfusion findings of our case, which were different from other cases reported in the literature...
- Arterial spasm following perimesencephalic nonaneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage in a pediatric patient
Department of Pediatrics, Selcuk University Meram Medical Faculty, Konya, Turkey
Pediatr Neurol 32:275-7. 2005
..The patient, treated symptomatically, was discharged after improvement. One year later, magnetic resonance angiography revealed completely normal features...
- Teachers' perceptions in central Turkey concerning epilepsy and asthma and the short-term effect of a brief education on the perception of epilepsy
Division of Pediatric Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, Meram Medical Faculty, Selcuk University, Meram, 42001 Konya, Turkey
Epilepsy Behav 10:286-90. 2007
..More teachers were worried about other parents objecting to having a child with epilepsy in the class. Following the brief education program, there was a significant positive change in the teachers' perception of epilepsy...