Affiliation: Women's General Hospital
- Ebner T, Tritscher K, Mayer R, Oppelt P, Duba H, Maurer M, et al. Quantitative and qualitative trophectoderm grading allows for prediction of live birth and gender. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2016;33:49-57 pubmed publisher..The presented correlation of TE with outcome indicates that TE scoring could replace ICM scoring in terms of priority. This would automatically require a rethinking process in terms of blastocyst selection and cryopreservation strategy. ..
- Ebner T, Moser M, Sommergruber M, Tews G. Selection based on morphological assessment of oocytes and embryos at different stages of preimplantation development: a review. Hum Reprod Update. 2003;9:251-62 pubmed..In addition, multiple selection at different stages of development will be required to filter out the correct 'candidate' embryo which will result in a healthy newborn. ..
- Ebner T, Montag M, Montag M, van der Ven K, van der Ven H, Ebner T, et al. Live birth after artificial oocyte activation using a ready-to-use ionophore: a prospective multicentre study. Reprod Biomed Online. 2015;30:359-65 pubmed publisher..In total, 99% of the patients had an improved outcome with A23187 application resulting in a 28% live birth rate (35 babies). These data suggest that artificial oocyte activation using a ready-to-use compound is an efficient method. ..
- Ebner T, Shebl O, Moser M, Mayer R, Arzt W, Tews G. Group culture of human zygotes is superior to individual culture in terms of blastulation, implantation and life birth. Reprod Biomed Online. 2010;21:762-8 pubmed publisher..As far as is known, this is the first evidence that grouping embryos improves preimplantation development in human and it is recommended that culture volume should be reduced or embryo density increased. ..
- Ebner T, Moser M, Shebl O, Sommergruber M, Gaiswinkler U, Tews G. Morphological analysis at compacting stage is a valuable prognostic tool for ICSI patients. Reprod Biomed Online. 2009;18:61-6 pubmed..Blastocysts deriving from grade C1/C4 embryos led to a higher pregnancy rate as compared with the C2/C3 counterparts (P < 0.05). This modified score allows for adequate prediction of both blastocyst formation/quality and pregnancy. ..
- Ebner T, Montag M. Artificial oocyte activation: evidence for clinical readiness. Reprod Biomed Online. 2016;32:271-3 pubmed publisher..As epigenetic consequences or differences in gene expression have not been studied to date, artificial oocyte activation has to be considered as experimental and should only be applied with a proper indication. ..
- Krause I, Pohler U, Grosse S, Shebl O, Petek E, Chandra A, et al. Characterization of the injection funnel during intracytoplasmic sperm injection reflects cytoplasmic maturity of the oocyte. Fertil Steril. 2016;106:1101-1106 pubmed publisher..Precise evaluation of the injection funnel may help to explain deviations from expected ICSI outcome and could also assist in optimizing controlled ovarian hyperstimulation. ..
- Ebner T, Oppelt P, Radler E, Allerstorfer C, Habelsberger A, Mayer R, et al. Morphokinetics of vitrified and warmed blastocysts predicts implantation potential. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2017;34:239-244 pubmed publisher..Time-lapse imaging of vitrified-warmed blastocysts offers additional selection criteria allowing for prediction of implantation potential. As a consequence, cumulative pregnancy rate could be increased and time-to-pregnancy reduced. ..
- Ebner T, HÃ¶ggerl A, Oppelt P, Radler E, Enzelsberger S, Mayer R, et al. Time-lapse imaging provides further evidence that planar arrangement of blastomeres is highly abnormal. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2017;296:1199-1205 pubmed publisher..This indicates that planar embryos are rather abnormal and should only be considered for transfer if no other embryos are available. ..