Affiliation: University of Graz
- Zechner R, Langin D. Hormone-sensitive lipase deficiency in humans. Cell Metab. 2014;20:199-201 pubmed publisher..Albert et al. (2014) demonstrate that the lack of hormone-sensitive lipase, a member of the enzyme trio that catabolizes fat, has pronounced effects on lipid metabolism, glucose homeostasis, and cell signaling in humans. ..
- Schreiber R, Hofer P, Taschler U, Voshol P, Rechberger G, Kotzbeck P, et al. Hypophagia and metabolic adaptations in mice with defective ATGL-mediated lipolysis cause resistance to HFD-induced obesity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:13850-5 pubmed publisher..These results argue for the existence of an adaptive interdependence between lipolysis and lipid synthesis. Pharmacological inhibition of ATGL may prove useful to prevent HFD-induced obesity and insulin resistance. ..
- Zechner R, Zimmermann R, Eichmann T, Kohlwein S, Haemmerle G, Lass A, et al. FAT SIGNALS--lipases and lipolysis in lipid metabolism and signaling. Cell Metab. 2012;15:279-91 pubmed publisher....
- Zechner R, Kienesberger P, Haemmerle G, Zimmermann R, Lass A. Adipose triglyceride lipase and the lipolytic catabolism of cellular fat stores. J Lipid Res. 2009;50:3-21 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the structure, function, and regulation of lipolytic enzymes with a special emphasis on ATGL. ..
- Schrammel A, Mussbacher M, Winkler S, Haemmerle G, Stessel H, Wölkart G, et al. Cardiac oxidative stress in a mouse model of neutral lipid storage disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1831:1600-8 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of soluble guanylate cyclase and cardiac tetrahydrobiopterin might be regarded as counterregulatory mechanisms in cardiac ATGL deficiency. ..
- Das S, Stadelmeyer E, Schauer S, Schwarz A, Strohmaier H, Claudel T, et al. Micro RNA-124a regulates lipolysis via adipose triglyceride lipase and comparative gene identification 58. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:8555-68 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that miR-124a may be involved in the regulation of several cellular and organismal metabolic parameters, including lipid storage and plasma FA concentration. ..
- Hofer P, Boeszoermenyi A, Jaeger D, Feiler U, Arthanari H, Mayer N, et al. Fatty Acid-binding Proteins Interact with Comparative Gene Identification-58 Linking Lipolysis with Lipid Ligand Shuttling. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:18438-53 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify Fabps as crucial structural and functional components of the lipolysome. ..
- Schreiber R, Diwoky C, Schoiswohl G, Feiler U, Wongsiriroj N, Abdellatif M, et al. Cold-Induced Thermogenesis Depends on ATGL-Mediated Lipolysis in Cardiac Muscle, but Not Brown Adipose Tissue. Cell Metab. 2017;26:753-763.e7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that functional NST requires adequate substrate supply and cardiac function, but does not depend on ATGL-mediated lipolysis in BAT...