Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Veterinary Medicine
- [Evaluation of the California mastitis test (CMT) reaction in goat milk and its interpretation]P Winter
II Medizinische Universitätsklinik für Klauentiere, Veterinärmedizinischen Universität Wien
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 106:30-4. 1999..For the control of udder health additional diagnostic measures are of utmost necessity...
- Dynamics of experimentally induced Staphylococcus epidermidis mastitis in East Friesian milk ewesPetra Winter
IInd Medicial Clinic for Ruminants and Swine, Veterinary University Vienna, Veterinarplatz 1, A 1210 Vienna
J Dairy Res 70:157-64. 2003..Subclinical mastitis due to coagulase-negative staphylococci leads to minor changes in milk yield and milk constituents...
- Clinical and histopathological aspects of naturally occurring mastitis caused by Listeria monocytogenes in cattle and ewesP Winter
Department for Production Animals and Herd Management, Clinic for Ruminants, Vienna, Austria
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 51:176-9. 2004..Immunohistochemical examination of the ovine mammary glands achieved a very strong immunoreactivity for CD5 cells. The mode of infection and the reaction of the immune system's defense of the ovine udders are discussed...
- [Use of copper oxide wire particles (Copinox) for the prevention of congenital copper deficiency in a herd of German Improved Fawn breed of goat]P Winter
Klinisches Department für Nutztiere und Bestandsbetreuung, Veterinärmedizinische Universität Wien
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 111:395-7. 2004..The administration of Copinox in the last third of the gestation leads to a continious raising of the copper concentrations in the serum and is suited to prevent ataxia due to congential copper deficiency in neonatal kids...
- The potential of measuring serum amyloid A in individual ewe milk and in farm bulk milk for monitoring udder health on sheep dairy farmsPetra Winter
Clinic for Ruminants, Department of Farm Animals and Herd Management, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Veterinarplatz 1, A 1210 Vienna, Austria
Res Vet Sci 81:321-6. 2006....
- Important vectors for Listeria monocytogenes transmission at farm dairies manufacturing fresh sheep and goat cheese from raw milkDagmar Schoder
Institute of Milk Hygiene, Milk Technology and Food Science, Veterinary Medical University of Vienna, Veterinarplatz 1, 1210 Vienna, Austria
J Food Prot 74:919-24. 2011..Isolation of L. monocytogenes was three to seven times more likely from farms where silage was fed to animals throughout the year than from farms where silage was not fed to the animals...
- A case of sporadic ovine mastitis caused by Listeria monocytogenes and its effect on contamination of raw milk and raw-milk cheeses produced in the on-farm dairyDagmar Schoder
Institute for Milk Hygiene, Milk Technology and Food Science, University for Veterinary Medicine, Veterinarplatz 1, 1210 Vienna, Austria
J Dairy Res 70:395-401. 2003..Addition of a thermophilic yogurt culture reduced the numbers of Listeria within 8 h of incubation...
- Effects of periparturient systemic treatment with penethamate hydriodide on udder health and milk yield of dairy heifersMartina Kreiger
Clinic for Ruminants, Department for Farm Animals and Herd Management, Veterinary University of Vienna, Austria
J Dairy Res 74:392-8. 2007..Periparturient antibiotic treatment of heifers with penethamate hydriodide prevented IMI during the first week after parturition and achieved a significant increase in milk yield, which was found to be economically beneficial...
- Outbreak of staphylococcal food intoxication after consumption of pasteurized milk products, June 2007, AustriaDaniela Schmid
Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety, Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 121:125-31. 2009..From the risk assessment of the production process at the dairy, we hypothesize that staphylococcal toxin production took place during a 3-day period of storage of pasteurized milk prior to repasteurization for the production batch of 7...
- Role of Vpma phase variation in Mycoplasma agalactiae pathogenesisRohini Chopra-Dewasthaly
Institute of Bacteriology, Mycology and Hygiene, Department of Pathobiology, University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, Austria
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 66:307-22. 2012..This is the first study where mycoplasma 'phase-locked' mutants are tested in vivo to elucidate the role of phase variation during infection...
- Evaluation of flow injection analysis for determination of urea in sheep's and cow's milkMartina Baumgartner
Second Medical Clinic for Ruminants and Swine, University for Veterinary Science, 1210 Vienna, Veterinarplatz 1, Austria
Acta Vet Hung 50:263-71. 2002..Due to the complexity of the apparatus and the costs associated therewith, the device proves less suitable for routine diagnostics but rather serves as a reference method for the measurement of urea concentration in milk...
- Tolerability of N-chlorotaurine in the bovine mammary glandJohann Huber
Teaching and Research Farm Kremesberg, University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, Austria
J Dairy Res 75:248-56. 2008..The absence of residues and decay products may be a great advantage of NCT over other antimicrobial agents...
- Cystoscopy in cattle--a valuable additional tool for clinical examinationSonja Franz
Clinic for Ruminants, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Veterinarplatz 1, 1210 Vienna, Austria
Acta Vet Hung 52:423-38. 2004..Cystoscopy facilitates diagnosis through the direct visualisation of mucosal lesions and makes it possible to give a more accurate prognosis based upon the findings...