Affiliation: University of Vienna
- Marked depression and anxiety in patients with functional dysphoniaUlrike Willinger
Department of Phoniatrics and Logopedics, University Ear, Nose, and Throat Clinic, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Psychiatry Res 134:85-91. 2005..quot; Both symptoms of depression and anxiety should be taken into consideration in the diagnostic as well as the therapeutic process of patients with functional dysphonia...
- Behaviour in children with language development disordersUlrike Willinger
Department of Phoniatrics and Logopedics, University Ear, Nose, and Throat Clinic, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Can J Psychiatry 48:607-14. 2003....
- Maternal bonding behaviour in schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder, considering premorbid personality traitsUlrike Willinger
Outpatient Clinic for Genetic Counseling, Department of General Psychiatry, Hospital for Psychiatry, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 36:663-8. 2002....
- Neurodevelopmental schizophrenia: obstetric complications, birth weight, premorbid social withdrawal and learning disabilitiesU Willinger
Department of General Psychiatry, Outpatient Clinic for Genetic Counselling, University Hospital for Psychiatry, University of Vienna, Austria
Neuropsychobiology 43:163-9. 2001..Using multivariate analyses, both premorbid variables were again identified to discriminate well between affected and unaffected siblings. Our findings seem to confirm the concept of schizophrenia as a neurodevelopmental process...
- Parenting stress and parental bondingUlrike Willinger
University of Vienna, University ENT Clinic, Vienna, Austria
Behav Med 31:63-9. 2005..For the clinical practice, these findings seem to recommend the combination of both the PSI and PBI regarding the diagnostic of stressful mother-child system to plan an optimal intervention program...
- [Verbal and nonverbal intelligence in children with language development disorders]U Willinger
Universitätsklinik für Hals, Nasen und Ohrenkrankheiten, Klinische Abteilung Phoniatrie Logopädie, Wien, Austria
Klin Padiatr 211:445-9. 1999..Furthermore the nonverbal and verbal intellectual difficulties emphasize to general developmental support of specific language impaired children for optimal improvement in language acquisition...
- Mothers' estimates of their children with disorders of language developmentUlrike Willinger
Department of Phoniatrics Logopedics, University Ear, Nose, Throat Clinic, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Behav Med 31:117-24. 2005....
- Possible linkage of schizophrenia and bipolar affective disorder to chromosome 3q29; a follow-upAlexandra Schosser
Department of General Psychiatry, University Hospital for Psychiatry, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Psychiatr Res 38:357-64. 2004..The results of our follow-up study support our previous linkage finding of schizophrenia and bipolar affective disorder to chromosome 3q29...
- Anxiety as a predictor of relapse in detoxified alcohol-dependent patientsUlrike Willinger
Department of General Psychiatry, University Hospital for Psychiatry, Vienna and University of Economics, Vienna, Austria
Alcohol Alcohol 37:609-12. 2002....
- Paranormal belief, schizotypy, and Body Mass IndexAndreas Hergovich
Department of Psychological Basic Research, Faculty of Psychology, The University in Vienna, Austria
Percept Mot Skills 100:883-91. 2005..The results for Body Mass Index could not be confirmed; however, paranormal belief was heavily associated with the cognitive-perceptual component of schizotypy...
- [Language development disorders in childhood: nonverbal intelligence and language comprehension]B Eisenwort
Univ Institut für Medizinische Psychologie, Wien
Klin Padiatr 211:442-4. 1999..Whereas nonverbal intelligence is predictable from sentence comprehension to a high degree in den SLI-group, it is not predictable in the control group...
- [Concerning specific language impairment: intelligibility in expressive language]B Eisenwort
Institut fur Medizinische Psychologie, Universitat Wien
Klin Padiatr 216:225-9. 2004..Even in the age of two years toddlers with Expressive Language Impairment (SLI-E) differ regarding their phonetic inventories compared with an age-matched group developing normally...
- Effect of intravenous magnesium sulphate in reducing irritability and restlessness in pure and polysubstance opiate detoxificationAngela Naderi-Heiden
Department of General Psychiatry, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Psychiatry Res 135:53-63. 2005..Despite promising pilot studies, the administration of Mg did not enable a dose reduction of tranquilizing medication (chlormethiazole) in pure and polysubstance opiate detoxification...
- The validity and reliability of short German sentences for measuring reading speedWolfgang Radner
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 240:461-7. 2002....
- Combined analysis of audiologic performance and the plasma biomarker stromal cell-derived factor 1a in type 2 diabetic patientsBenjamin Loader
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Otol Neurotol 29:739-44. 2008....
- Genome scan for susceptibility loci for schizophrenia and bipolar disorderUrsula Bailer
Department of General Psychiatry, University Hospital for Psychiatry, Vienna, Austria
Biol Psychiatry 52:40-52. 2002..The objective of our analyses was to search for vulnerability loci for the two disorders...
- No proof of linkage between schizophrenia-related disorders including schizophrenia and chromosome 2q21 regionH N Aschauer
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vienna, Austria
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 243:193-8. 1993..The most prominent positive association was between D2S44 and a broad affection status model, giving a two-point lod score of 1.71 at 0.20 recombination fraction...
- Non-concordance by gender for schizophrenia and related disorders in sibshipsH N Aschauer
University Hospital for Psychiatry, Department of General Psychiatry, Vienna, Austria
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 244:12-6. 1994..The data do not support hypotheses that schizophrenia is pseudo-autosomal or male-female chromosomally transmitted...
- Association study of schizophrenia spectrum disorders and dopamine D3 receptor gene: is schizoaffective disorder special?K Meszaros
University Hospital for Psychiatry, Department of General Psychiatry, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090, Vienna, Austria
Psychiatry Res 96:179-83. 2000..Our results possibly indicate an association of schizoaffective disorder with DRD3 homozygosity (P=0.056)...
- Spacial perception and spatial memory in children with benign childhood epilepsy with centro-temporal spikes (BCECTS)S Völkl-Kernstock
Department of Neuropsychiatry for Children and Adolescents, A 1090 Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, Austria
Epilepsy Res 72:39-48. 2006..Deficits were independent of the lateralization of the epileptogenic foci and independent of anti-convulsive drug treatment...
- [Parenting Stress Index and specific language impairment]Ines Schaunig
Universitätsklinik für Hals Nasen Ohrenkrankheiten Wien
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 53:395-405. 2004..For a successful intervention on children with a specific language impairment it seems to be very important to identify parental stressors and to treat and support parents too...