Affiliation: University of Vienna
- Multiple test procedures using an upper bound of the number of true hypotheses and their use for evaluating high-dimensional EEG dataClaudia Hemmelmann
Institute of Medical Statistics, Computer Sciences and Documentation, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Bachstrasse 18, Jena, Germany
J Neurosci Methods 170:158-64. 2008..The gain in power of our procedures is demonstrated in an example using EEG data on the processing of memorized lexical items...
- Left frontal EEG coherence reflects modality independent language processesS Weiss
Institute of Neurophysiology, University of Vienna, Austria
Brain Topogr 11:33-42. 1998..The only modality independent differences between concrete and abstract noun processing were found in the delta, theta and beta-1 band at left frontal electrodes...
- Long-range EEG synchronization during word encoding correlates with successful memory performanceS Weiss
Brain Research Institute, Integrative Neurophysiology, University of Vienna, Spitalgasse 4, 1090, Vienna, Austria
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 9:299-312. 2000..The pattern of EEG coherence and amplitude changes during verbal memory encoding allowed us to assess the probability that nouns would be recalled or not...
- The contribution of EEG coherence to the investigation of languageSabine Weiss
Cognitive Neuroscience Group, Brain Research Institute, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Brain Lang 85:325-43. 2003....
- Increased neuronal communication accompanying sentence comprehensionSabine Weiss
Center for Brain Research, Cognitive Neuroscience Group, Medical University of Vienna, Spitalgasse 4, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Int J Psychophysiol 57:129-41. 2005....
- Quantification of phase synchronization phenomena and their importance for verbal memory processesBaerbel Schack
Institute of Medical Statistics, Computer Science and Documentation, Friedrich Schiller University, Jahnstr 3, 07743, Jena, Germany
Biol Cybern 92:275-87. 2005..In particular, the calculation of phase synchronization among different frequencies either at the same electrode or at different electrodes provided a completely new picture of dynamic neuronal interaction accompanying memory processing...
- Cerebral information transfer during word processing: where and when does it occur and how fast is it?Baerbel Schack
Institute of Medical Statistics, Computer Science and Documentation, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Hum Brain Mapp 19:18-36. 2003..Further, the direction of cerebral information transfer differs for the two word categories. Additionally, it could be shown that the propagation speed of information is slower for concrete nouns than for abstract nouns...
- Multivariate tests for the evaluation of high-dimensional EEG dataClaudia Hemmelmann
Institute of Medical Statistics, Computer Sciences and Documentation, University of Jena, D 07740 Jena, Germany
J Neurosci Methods 139:111-20. 2004..As an example for the unpaired samples case, we compared the coherence vectors observed for language students and non-language students who processed an English text and found a significant global difference...