Affiliation: University of Vienna
- Neuropsychological, MRI and EEG findings after very mild traumatic brain injuryB Voller
Department of Neurology, University of Vienna, Wien, Austria
Brain Inj 13:821-7. 1999..In the EEG recordings, no generalized slowing or focal changes were found. Structural and functional impairment can be identified using neuroimaging and neuropsychological examination, even in very MTBI patients...
- [Treatment of the spastic drop foot with botulinum toxin type A in adult patients]B Voller
Klinische Abteilung für Neurologische Rehabilitation, Universitätsklinik für Neurologie, Wien, Osterreich
Wien Klin Wochenschr 113:25-9. 2001..Close cooperation between the neurologist, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, nursing staff and other multidisciplinary rehabilitation team members is essential to maximize the benefit for the patients...
- Hypertrophic chronic pachymeningitis as a localized immune process in the craniocervical regionB Voller
Department of Neurology, University of Vienna, Austria
Neurology 56:107-9. 2001..The patient improved after suboccipital craniotomy, C1 to C6 laminectomy, and removal of the thickened dura. Additional therapy with methotrexate stopped progression, which was documented by MRI and PET...
- Treatment of focal hyperhidrosis with botulinum toxin type A: long-term follow-up in 61 patientsP Schnider
Division of Neurological Rehabilitation, Department of Neurology, University Clinic of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Br J Dermatol 145:289-93. 2001..The blocking action of botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) on cholinergically innervated sweat glands has been used successfully to treat patients with focal hyperhidrosis...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study on analgesic effects of botulinum toxin AB Voller
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Vienna, Austria
Neurology 61:940-4. 2003..Botulinum toxin type A (BTXA) is used to treat neurologic disorders associated with increased muscle tone. Its use is often associated with pain relief...
- [Botulinum toxin in the treatment of focal hyperhidrosis]P Schnider
Klinische Abteilung für Neurologische Rehabilitation, Universitätsklinik für Neurologie, Osterreich
Wien Klin Wochenschr 113:36-41. 2001..Recently there has been suggestions for potential clinical indications in non-muscular diseases where cholinergic terminals play a role...
- Long-term efficacy and respective potencies of botulinum toxin A and B: a randomized, double-blind studyG Kranz
Department of Neurology, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Br J Dermatol 164:176-81. 2011..However, in human tissue, mU values between preparations are not equivalent and lack of clarity concerning efficacy and safety remains with regard to their respective potencies, duration of drug effect and diffusion qualities...
- Neutralizing antibodies in dystonic patients who still respond well to botulinum toxin type AG Kranz
Department of Neurology, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Neurology 70:133-6. 2008..We tested whether neutralizing BoNT/A-ABs can be detected in dystonic patients with good clinical responses to botulinum toxin A (BoNT/A) treatment...
- The impact of blepharospasm and cervical dystonia on health-related quality of life and depressionJ Muller
Department of Neurology, Innsbruck University Hospital, Anichstr 35, Austria
J Neurol 249:842-6. 2002....
- Type of edema in posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome depends on serum albumin levels: an MR imaging study in 28 patientsA Pirker
Department of Neurology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 32:527-31. 2011..The presence of vasogenic edema was significantly associated with decreased serum albumin levels, which may be a particular risk factor for the development of PRES...