Affiliation: University of Innsbruck
- Divergent biophysical properties, gating mechanisms, and possible functions of the two skeletal muscle Ca(V)1.1 calcium channel splice variantsPetronel Tuluc
Department of Physiology and Medical Physics, Medical University Innsbruck, Fritz Pregl Str 3, 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 32:249-56. 2011..Moreover, the availability of these two structurally similar but functionally distinct channel variants facilitates the analysis of the molecular mechanisms underlying the unique current properties of the classical Ca(V)1.1a channel...
- A CaV1.1 Ca2+ channel splice variant with high conductance and voltage-sensitivity alters EC coupling in developing skeletal musclePetronel Tuluc
Department of Physiology and Medical Physics, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Biophys J 96:35-44. 2009..1 Delta 29 splice variant revealed the structural bases underlying the specific gating properties of skeletal muscle Ca(2+) channels, and it suggests the existence of a distinct mode of EC coupling in developing muscle...
- Auxiliary Ca(2+) channel subunits: lessons learned from muscleGerald J Obermair
Division of Physiology, Department of Physiology and Medical Physics, Medical University Innsbruck, Fritz Pregl Str 3, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Curr Opin Pharmacol 8:311-8. 2008..Whether these specific functions in muscle indicate similar roles of alpha(2)delta and beta subunits as functional modulator and structural organizer, respectively, in neurons is being discussed...
- Identification and functional characterization of malignant hyperthermia mutation T1354S in the outer pore of the Cavalpha1S-subunitAntonella Pirone
Department of Medical Genetics, Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299:C1345-54. 2010....
- Stable incorporation versus dynamic exchange of β subunits in a native Ca2+ channel complexMarta Campiglio
Department of Physiology and Medical Physics, Medical University Innsbruck, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Cell Sci 126:2092-101. 2013..The distinct binding properties are not determined by differences in the I-II loop sequences of the α1 subunits, but are intrinsic properties of the β subunit isoforms...
- Computer modeling of siRNA knockdown effects indicates an essential role of the Ca2+ channel alpha2delta-1 subunit in cardiac excitation-contraction couplingPetronel Tuluc
Department of Physiology and Medical Physics, Division of Physiology, Medical University Innsbruck, Fritz Pregl Strasse 3, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:11091-6. 2007....