Affiliation: University of Vienna
- Periosteal osteoblastoma: a case report and a review of the literatureI Sulzbacher
Clinical Institute of Clinical Pathology, University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Pathol Int 50:667-71. 2000..The authors draw attention to the fact that periosteal osteoblastoma is a rare tumor that could be mistaken clinically and histologically for other and more common tumors at this location...
- Expression of platelet-derived growth factor-AA is associated with tumor progression in osteosarcomaIrene Sulzbacher
Clinical Institute of Pathology, University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Mod Pathol 16:66-71. 2003..021, Cox regression). Immunohistochemical analysis of platelet-derived growth factor-AA expression in osteosarcoma may be a useful marker of prognosis and may be considered as a possible target for novel therapeutic strategies...
- Expression of osteopontin and vascular endothelial growth factor in benign and malignant bone tumorsIrene Sulzbacher
Clinical Institute of Pathology, University of Vienna Medical School, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Virchows Arch 441:345-9. 2002..Although OPN expression correlates with VEGF expression in osteosarcomas, OPN expression does not provide predictive information about the outcome of osteosarcoma patients...
- The expression of bone morphogenetic proteins in osteosarcoma and its relevance as a prognostic parameterI Sulzbacher
Clinical Institute of Pathology, University of Vienna, Medical School, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Clin Pathol 55:381-5. 2002....
- Platelet-derived growth factor-alpha receptor expression supports the growth of conventional chondrosarcoma and is associated with adverse outcomeI Sulzbacher
Department of Clinical Pathology, University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Am J Surg Pathol 25:1520-7. 2001..0172, log-rank test). Because PDGF-alpha receptor expression positively correlates with the aggressiveness of chondrosarcoma, it may be considered as a possible target for novel therapeutic strategies...
- [Arthrosis--histology and pathogenetic approaches]I Sulzbacher
Klinisches Institut für Klinische Pathologie, Universitatsklinik Wien
Radiologe 40:1126-33. 2000..The precise event that leads to these changes is still not clear. This review concentrates on the histological features in the course of the disease and tries to provide a summary on different pathogenetic concepts...
- Livin and Bcl-2 expression in high-grade osteosarcomaT Nedelcu
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna General Hospital, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:237-44. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine if Livin and Bcl-2, acting as antiapoptotic proteins through different mechanisms, are expressed in osteosarcoma, and whether they can be used as prognostic markers in human osteosarcoma...
- Bilaminar pattern of tibial condyle cartilage layer on the fat-suppressed 3D gradient echo images: artifact or structural and biochemical difference in composition of cartilage?S Trattnig
Department of Radiology, University of Vienna, AKH Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Magn Reson Imaging 19:187-92. 2001....
- Survivin expression in human osteosarcoma is a marker for survivalK Trieb
Department of Orthopedics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver
Eur J Surg Oncol 29:379-82. 2003..Survivin is a member of the inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) protein gene family and is expressed both during normal fetal development and in human cancer...
- Low-turnover bone disease in hypercalcemic hyperparathyroidism after kidney transplantationK Borchhardt
Department of Internal Medicine III, Division of Nephrology and Dialysis, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Am J Transplant 7:2515-21. 2007..We conclude that hypercalcemia of posttransplant hyperparathyroidism can be associated with high or low turnover bone disease. Decreased calcium excretion suggests an additive tubular effect on hypercalcemia...
- [Squamous cell carcinoma in Dupuytren's disease--a case report]W Haslik
Universitatsklinik fur Chirurgie, Klinische Abteilung für Plastische und Rekonstruktive Chirurgie, Medizinische Universität Wien, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, Vienna, Austria
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 43:54-6. 2011..Postoperatively the patient was irradiated. He is free of recurrence for three years now. To our knowledge, this is the first published report of a squamous cell carcinoma in the presence of Dupuytren's disease...
- MRI of the cartilageH Imhof
Department of Osteology, Universitätklinik für Radiodiagnostik, AKH Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Eur Radiol 12:2781-93. 2002..After a short summary of the anatomy and physiology of the hyaline cartilage, the different MR imaging methods are discussed and recommended standards are suggested...
- Fatal late coronary thrombosis after implantation of a radioactive stent: postmortem angiographic and histologic findings--case reportP Wexberg
Department of Cardiology, Clinic for Internal Medicine II, University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Radiology 220:142-4. 2001..Thus, prolonged antiplatelet therapy should be considered after intravascular radiation therapy...
- Preoperative radiochemotherapy and radical resection for stages II to IV oral and oropharyngeal cancer: grade of regression as crucial prognostic factorC Klug
Department of Cranio Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 34:262-7. 2005..Thus, non-responders have to be regarded as high-risk patients for recurrence and may benefit from further therapy...
- Diagnosis of renal osteodystrophyC Schwarz
Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Clin Invest 36:13-22. 2006..X-ray imaging and densitometry is suitable only for sequential evaluation of osteoporosis...
- Conservative treatment of large cystic lesions of the mandible: a prospective study of the effect of decompressionGeorg Enislidis
University Clinic for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Vienna, Austria
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 42:546-50. 2004..Despite the length of the treatment, we recommend the use of decompression stents in the treatment of large mandibular cysts...
- Pathophysiology and imaging in inflammatory and blastomatous synovial diseasesH Imhof
Osteology, Universitäts Klinik für Radiodiagnostik, AKH Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Austria
Skeletal Radiol 31:313-33. 2002..These imaging modalities allow differentiation of characteristic pathologic features based on a profound knowledge of normal anatomy and pathophysiology...
- Uptake of (18)F-FLT and (18)F-FDG in primary head and neck cancer correlates with survivalA Linecker
Department of Craniomaxillofacial Surgery, LKH Feldkirch, Feldkirch, Austria
Nuklearmedizin 47:80-5; quiz N12. 2008..Results were compared to (18)F-FDG...
- [Differential diagnostic problems in assessment of benign bone tumors]S Lang
, , , 1090 Wien/Osterreich
Radiologe 41:533-9. 2001..In most cases the pathologist has to rely on conventional stainings because the immunohistochemistry stainings are often not helpful...