Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Vienna
- The EGF receptor provides an essential survival signal for SOS-dependent skin tumor developmentM Sibilia
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria
Cell 102:211-20. 2000..Therefore, EGFR functions as a survival factor in oncogenic transformation and provides a valuable target for therapeutic intervention in a broader range of tumors than anticipated...
- Mice humanised for the EGF receptor display hypomorphic phenotypes in skin, bone and heartMaria Sibilia
Department of Dermatology and Biomolecular Therapeutics BMT, University of Vienna, Medical School, Brunnerstr 59, A 1235 Vienna, Austria
Development 130:4515-25. 2003..These results demonstrate that mice humanised for EGFR display tissue-specific hypomorphic phenotypes and describe a novel function for EGFR in bone development...
- Neuronal survival depends on EGFR signaling in cortical but not midbrain astrocytesBettina Wagner
Department of Dermatology DIAID, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna Competence Center VCC, Vienna, Austria
EMBO J 25:752-62. 2006..These spatial differences in astrocyte composition provide a mechanism for the region-specific neurodegeneration in EGFR(-/-) mice...
- c-Jun regulates eyelid closure and skin tumor development through EGFR signalingRainer Zenz
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology IMP, A 1030, Vienna, Austria
Dev Cell 4:879-89. 2003..Thus, using three experimental systems, we show that EGFR and HB-EGF are regulated by c-Jun, which controls eyelid development, keratinocyte proliferation, and skin tumor formation...
- Imiquimod clears tumors in mice independent of adaptive immunity by converting pDCs into tumor-killing effector cellsBarbara Drobits
Institute for Cancer Research, Department of Medicine I, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Clin Invest 122:575-85. 2012..Our results demonstrate that imiquimod treatment leads to CCL2-dependent recruitment of pDCs and their transformation into a subset of killer DCs able to directly eliminate tumor cells...
- Raf-1 addiction in Ras-induced skin carcinogenesisKarin Ehrenreiter
Max F Perutz Laboratories, Department of Microbiology and Immunobiology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Cancer Cell 16:149-60. 2009..These data link the Raf-1:Rok-alpha complex to STAT3/Myc activation and delineate a pathway crucial for cell fate decision in Ras-induced tumorigenesis...
- Methods to study MAP kinase signalling in the central nervous systemBettina Wagner
APEIRON Biologics AG, Vienna, Austria
Methods Mol Biol 661:481-95. 2010....
- Skin inflammation is not sufficient to break tolerance induced against a novel antigenMartin Holcmann
Institute for Cancer Research, Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Borschkegasse 8a, Vienna, Austria
J Immunol 183:1133-43. 2009....
- Sequential cooperation of CD2 and CD48 in the buildup of the early TCR signalosomeArshad Muhammad
Department of Molecular Immunology, Centre for Physiology, Pathophysiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Immunol 182:7672-80. 2009..CD48 in turn shuttles the transmembrane adapter molecule LAT...
- hVps37A Status affects prognosis and cetuximab sensitivity in ovarian cancerMichael Wittinger
Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 17:7816-27. 2011..hVps37A was originally described as a member of the membrane-trafficking ESCRT-I complex mediating the internalization and degradation of ubiquitinated membrane receptors...
- The epidermal growth factor receptor: from development to tumorigenesisMaria Sibilia
Department of Medicine I, Institute for Cancer Research, Medical University of Vienna, Borschkegasse 8a, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Differentiation 75:770-87. 2007....
- Haploinsufficiency of senescence evasion factor causes defects of hematopoietic stem cells functionsElisabeth Schraml
Institute of Pathophysiology and Immunology, Center of Molecular Medicine, Medical University of Graz, 8010 Graz, Austria
Stem Cells Dev 17:355-66. 2008..These data suggest that the expression of SNEV is closely associated with the growth of murine HSCs and determines the proliferative and repopulating capacity of phenotypically defined HSC subsets...
- Impaired postnatal hepatocyte proliferation and liver regeneration in mice lacking c-jun in the liverAxel Behrens
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology IMP, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
EMBO J 21:1782-90. 2002..These studies identify c-Jun as a critical regulator of hepatocyte proliferation and survival during liver development and regeneration...
- The EGF receptor is required for efficient liver regenerationAnuradha Natarajan
Department of Dermatology, Division of Immunology, Allergy, and Infectious Diseases, and Institute for Cancer Research, Department of Medicine 1, Vienna Competence Center, Medical University of Vienna, Lazarettgasse 19, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:17081-6. 2007..Our studies demonstrate that EGFR is a critical regulator of hepatocyte proliferation in the initial phases of liver regeneration...
- Early embryonic lethality of mice lacking the essential protein SNEVKlaus Fortschegger
Institute of Applied Microbiology, Muthgasse 18, A 1190 Vienna, Austria
Mol Cell Biol 27:3123-30. 2007..Our experiments demonstrate that the SNEV protein is essential, functionally nonredundant, and indispensable for mouse development...
- Identification and characterization of pDC-like cells in normal mouse skin and melanomas treated with imiquimodFrancesca Palamara
Department of Dermatology, Division of Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
J Immunol 173:3051-61. 2004..Therefore, strategies aimed at activating and directing these cells into neoplastic tissues may be a promising and novel approach for the immunotherapy of various types of cancer...