Affiliation: University of Innsbruck
- Herbal hepatotoxicity: acute hepatitis caused by a Noni preparation (Morinda citrifolia)Gunda Millonig
Clinical Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:445-7. 2005..To our knowledge, this is the first report of hepatotoxicity caused by this herbal remedy, which has been highly praised in the tabloid press...
- Subfulminant hepatitis B after infliximab in Crohn's disease: need for HBV-screening?Gunda Millonig
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical University of Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
World J Gastroenterol 12:974-6. 2006..We therefore strongly argue in favor of extended screening recommendations for infectious diseases including viral infections before considering a therapy with infliximab...
- Bactobilia after liver transplantation: frequency and antibiotic susceptibilityGunda Millonig
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Liver Transpl 12:747-53. 2006..In our cohort we had the best antibiotic susceptibility results for positive cultures in LT patients with piperacillin/tazobactam, ciprofloxacin, or amoxycillin/clavulanic acid...
- Response to preoperative chemoembolization correlates with outcome after liver transplantation in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaGunda Millonig
Divisions of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria
Liver Transpl 13:272-9. 2007..6 vs. 7.6%). Downstaged patients did even worse, with a dropout rate of 26.7% and a 5-year survival rate of only 25%. In conclusion, the response to preoperative chemoembolization may predict long-term outcome after LT...
- Alendronate in combination with calcium and vitamin D prevents bone loss after orthotopic liver transplantation: a prospective single-center studyGunda Millonig
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Liver Transpl 11:960-6. 2005..In conclusion, our study suggests that alendronate is efficacious in preventing the natural course of bone loss associated with LT...
- The RANKL/OPG system and bone mineral density in patients with chronic liver diseaseAlexander R Moschen
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Hepatol 43:973-83. 2005..This study investigated the activation state of the RANKL/OPG system and its association with bone loss in CLD...
- Non-invasive diagnosis of liver diseases by breath analysis using an optimized ion-molecule reaction-mass spectrometry approach: a pilot studyGunda Millonig
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria
Biomarkers 15:297-306. 2010..88 and 0.97. IMR-MS followed by sophisticated statistical analysis is a promising tool for liver diagnostics by breath analysis...
- Percutaneous management of a hepatic artery aneurysm: bleeding after liver transplantationGunda Millonig
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 27:525-8. 2004..Additionally, we propose that stenting of the portal vein can lead to a significant improvement of the graft perfusion even though the hepatic artery remained occluded...
- Liver-homing of purified glucose oxidase: a novel in vivo model of physiological hepatic oxidative stress (H2O2)Daniel Rost
Department of Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Hepatol 46:482-91. 2007..Reactive oxygen species (ROS), such as H2O2, are implicated in normal and pathological liver function. However, due to the lack of suitable in vivo models of ROS generation the (patho) physiological relevance of H2O2 remains controversial...
- Extrahepatic cholestasis increases liver stiffness (FibroScan) irrespective of fibrosisGunda Millonig
Department of Medicine and Center for Alcohol Research, Liver Disease and Nutrition, Salem Medical Center, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Hepatology 48:1718-23. 2008..Once extrahepatic cholestasis is excluded (e.g., by liver imaging and laboratory parameters) transient elastography is a valuable tool to assess liver fibrosis in chronic liver diseases...
- Repeated graft loss caused by recurrent hepatic artery thombosisIvo W Graziadei
Liver Transpl 9:998-9. 2003