Affiliation: University of Graz
- Mariño G, Pietrocola F, Eisenberg T, Kong Y, Malik S, Andryushkova A, et al. Regulation of autophagy by cytosolic acetyl-coenzyme A. Mol Cell. 2014;53:710-25 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results indicate that cytosolic AcCoA functions as a central metabolic regulator of autophagy, thus delineating AcCoA-centered pharmacological strategies that allow for the therapeutic manipulation of autophagy. ..
- Eisenberg T, Schroeder S, Andryushkova A, Pendl T, Kuttner V, Bhukel A, et al. Nucleocytosolic depletion of the energy metabolite acetyl-coenzyme a stimulates autophagy and prolongs lifespan. Cell Metab. 2014;19:431-44 pubmed publisher..Since AcCoA integrates various nutrition pathways, our findings may explain diet-dependent lifespan and autophagy regulation. ..
- De Cabo R, Carmona Gutierrez D, Bernier M, Hall M, Madeo F. The search for antiaging interventions: from elixirs to fasting regimens. Cell. 2014;157:1515-26 pubmed publisher..Here, we critically examine drugs and behaviors to which life- or healthspan-extending properties have been ascribed and discuss the underlying molecular mechanisms. ..
- Libiseller G, Dvorzak M, Kleb U, Gander E, Eisenberg T, Madeo F, et al. IPO: a tool for automated optimization of XCMS parameters. BMC Bioinformatics. 2015;16:118 pubmed publisher..The source code is implemented in R, tested on Linux and Windows and it is freely available for download at https://github.com/glibiseller/IPO . The training sets and test sets can be downloaded from https://health.joanneum.at/IPO . ..
- Kainz K, Tadic J, Zimmermann A, Pendl T, Carmona Gutierrez D, Ruckenstuhl C, et al. Methods to Assess Autophagy and Chronological Aging in Yeast. Methods Enzymol. 2017;588:367-394 pubmed publisher..In sum, we have recapped established protocols used to evaluate a link between lifespan extension and autophagy in yeast. ..
- Rockenfeller P, Smolnig M, Diessl J, Bashir M, Schmiedhofer V, Knittelfelder O, et al. Diacylglycerol triggers Rim101 pathway-dependent necrosis in yeast: a model for lipotoxicity. Cell Death Differ. 2018;25:765-781 pubmed publisher..high-fat diet in Drosophila and palmitic acid administration in cultured human endothelial cells, we present evidence that the core mechanism underlying this calpain-dependent lipotoxic cell death pathway is phylogenetically conserved. ..