Affiliation: University of Graz
- [Thermographic visualization of changes in peripheral perfusion during acupuncture]G Litscher
AG Biomedizinische Technik an der Universitätsklinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin Graz
Biomed Tech (Berl) 44:129-34. 1999..In three subjects a warming effect was seen (increase > 2 degrees C) while in the other three subjects the temperature decreased in all fingers and in the wrist...
- [Cerebral near infrared spectroscopy and acupuncture--results of a pilot study]G Litscher
Universitätsklinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin Graz
Biomed Tech (Berl) 45:215-8. 2000..However, needling and laser puncture at placebo points does not produce the same effect on cerebral oxygenation. This fact provides further proof of specific quantifiable effects of acupuncture on the brain...
- [Laser Doppler imaging and cryoglobulinemia]G Litscher
Biomedizinische Technik, Universitätsklinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin Graz
Biomed Tech (Berl) 46:154-7. 2001..Our results suggest that the new biomedical technique of laser Doppler imaging is a useful method for monitoring the effects of acupuncture on the peripheral microcirculation...
- Effects of QiGong on brain functionG Litscher
Biomedical Engineering Unit, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 29, A 8036 Graz, Austria
Neurol Res 23:501-5. 2001..1% decrease of vm in the middle cerebral artery). Similar effects were seen in the female subject. Neuromonitoring during QiGong appears able to objectify accompanied cerebral modulations surrounding this old Chinese meditation exercise...
- Effects of popliteal illumination on cerebral near-infrared spectroscopyG Litscher
Biomedical Engineering Unit, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Graz, Austria
Neurol Res 23:807-9. 2001..There were significant (p < 0.001) delayed (2 min) alterations in NIRS parameters during popliteal light illumination. This could be further evidence for extraocular phototransduction in humans...
- [Changes in cerebral near infrared spectroscopy parameters during manual acupuncture needle stimulation]G Litscher
Biomedizintechnische Forschung, Universitätsklinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin Graz, Austria
Biomed Tech (Berl) 47:76-9. 2002..The results demonstrate that near-infrared spectroscopy may be a noninvasive method of measuring regional changes in cerebral haemodynamics resulting from peripheral acupuncture stimulation...
- Acupuncture using laser needles modulates brain function: first evidence from functional transcranial Doppler sonography and functional magnetic resonance imagingG Litscher
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Research in Anesthesia and Critical Care, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 29, 8036, Austria
Lasers Med Sci 19:6-11. 2004..Therefore true double-blind studies in acupuncture research can be performed...
- Changed skin blood perfusion in the fingertip following acupuncture needle introduction as evaluated by laser Doppler perfusion imagingG Litscher
Biomedical Engineering, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Graz, Austria
Lasers Med Sci 17:19-25. 2002..These results suggest that the LDPI technology may be useful in visualising and quantifying the peripheral vascular effects of acupuncture on the microcirculation...
- Cerebral vascular effects of non-invasive laserneedles measured by transorbital and transtemporal Doppler sonographyG Litscher
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Research in Anesthesia and Critical Care, University of Graz, Austria
Lasers Med Sci 17:289-95. 2002....
- Effects of acupressure, manual acupuncture and Laserneedle acupuncture on EEG bispectral index and spectral edge frequency in healthy volunteersG Litscher
University of Graz, Department of Biomedical Engineering and Research in Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Graz, Austria
Eur J Anaesthesiol 21:13-9. 2004....