Affiliation: University of Vienna
- Chemical and pharmacological investigations of Metaxya rostrataJudith Virtbauer
Department of Pharmacognosy, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Z Naturforsch C 63:469-75. 2008..Additionally, sugars, common sterols, such as sitosterol, stigmasterol and campesterol, as well as chlorogenic acid and caffeic acid were identified in Metaxya rostrata...
- Quantification of the flavonoid glycosides in Passiflora incarnata by capillary electrophoresisElke Marchart
Institute of Pharmacognosy, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Planta Med 69:452-6. 2003..The total flavonoid contents determined with the new method correlated satisfactorily with those achieved by the spectrophotometric assay according to the European Pharmacopoeia...
- [Passion Flower (Passiflora incarnata L.)--a reliable herbal sedative]Liselotte Krenn
Institut für Pharmakognosie, Universitat Wien, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090 Wien
Wien Med Wochenschr 152:404-6. 2002..Based on pharmacological data, the experiences of traditional use and the use in combinations Passiflora extracts are an important factor in the phytotherapy of tenseness, restlessness and irritability with difficulty in falling asleep...
- Chemotaxonomic relevance of cardenolides in Urginea fugaxLiselotte Krenn
Institute of Pharmacognosy, University of Vienna, PharmaCenterVienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Phytochemistry 65:2881-4. 2004..The chemotaxonomic relevance of the occurrence of cardenolides in the genus Urginea is discussed...
- In vitro antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory effects of Drosera rotundifoliaLiselotte Krenn
Institut für Pharmacognosie, Universitat Wien, Austria
Arzneimittelforschung 54:402-5. 2004..In guinea-pig ileum the extracts led to an antispasmodic effect possibly by affecting an allosteric binding site of the muscarinic M3 receptors...
- Anthrone C-glucosides from Rheum emodiLiselotte Krenn
Institute of Pharmacognosy, University of Vienna, Austira
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 52:391-3. 2004..Additionally the investigation resulted in the isolation of an acetylated chrysophanol glucoside, 8-O-beta-D-(6'-O-acetyl)glucopyranosyl-chrysophanol (7). The structures were established by comprehensive spectroscopic investigations...
- Flavonoids from Achillea nobilis LLiselotte Krenn
Institute of Pharmacognosy, University of Vienna, Pharmacy Center, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Z Naturforsch C 58:11-6. 2003..The structures were established either by comparison with authentic substances or by UV, 1H NMR and 13C NMR spectroscopic methods including 2D-NMR techniques and ESI-MS...
- Quantification of isoflavones in red clover by high-performance liquid chromatographyLiselotte Krenn
Institute of Pharmacognosy, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090, Vienna, Austria
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 777:123-8. 2002..The method was applied to the analysis of different red clover cultivars...
- Contribution of methylated exudate flavonoids to the anti-inflammatory activity of Grindelia robustaLiselotte Krenn
Department of Pharmacognosy, University of Vienna, PharmaCenter Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Fitoterapia 80:267-9. 2009..Quercetin-3-methylether was shown to be most active with an IC(50) of 19 microM, thus obviously contributing to the anti-inflammatory activity of the drug...
- Sulfemodin 8-O-beta-D-glucoside, a new sulfated anthraquinone glycoside, and antioxidant phenolic compounds from Rheum emodiLiselotte Krenn
Institute of Pharmacognosy, University of Vienna, Pharmacy-Center, Althanstrasse 14, A-1090 Vienna, Austria
J Nat Prod 66:1107-9. 2003..Compounds 2 and 3 showed significant antioxidant activity in the DPPH assay, while chrysophanol, physcion, and emodin and their 8-O-glucosides were found to be inactive...
- Comparison of the antiinflammatory effects of Drosera rotundifolia and Drosera madagascariensis in the HET-CAM assayDietrich H Paper
Lehrstuhl fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Institut fur Pharmazie, Universitat Regensburg, D 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Phytother Res 19:323-6. 2005..The chemical analyses of the extracts showed that the effect cannot be attributed to naphthoquinones, but might be due to flavonoids. Ellagic acid obviously plays an important role in the antiangiogenic effect of the Drosera extracts...
- Science in drug control: the alkaloid content of afghan opiumBarbara Remberg
Laboratory and Scientific Section, Division for Policy Analysis and Public Affairs, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, P O Box 500, A 1400 Vienna
Chem Biodivers 5:1770-9. 2008..More than 75% of the samples contained above 10% of morphine, the overall average was 14.4%...