Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Vienna
- Binding of the Atg1/ULK1 kinase to the ubiquitin-like protein Atg8 regulates autophagyClaudine Kraft
Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO J 31:3691-703. 2012..Together, these findings define a conserved step in autophagy regulation in yeast and mammals and expand the known functions of LIR-dependent Atg8 targets to include spatial regulation of the Atg1/ULK1 kinase...
- Mechanisms and regulation of autophagosome formationClaudine Kraft
University of Vienna, Max F Perutz Laboratories, Campus Vienna Biocenter, Dr Bohrgasse 9 3, Vienna, Austria
Curr Opin Cell Biol 24:496-501. 2012..In particular, we will focus on the mechanisms regulating membrane recruitment as well as membrane remodeling during autophagosome formation...
- Mechanism and functions of membrane binding by the Atg5-Atg12/Atg16 complex during autophagosome formationJulia Romanov
University of Vienna, Max F Perutz Laboratories, Campus Vienna Biocenter, Vienna, Austria
EMBO J 31:4304-17. 2012..Our findings provide important insights into the mechanism of action of the Atg5-Atg12/Atg16 complex during autophagosome formation...
- Activation of Atg1 kinase in autophagy by regulated phosphorylationMonika Kijanska
Institute of Biochemistry, Department of Biology, ETH Züric, Zurich, Switzerland
Autophagy 6:1168-78. 2010..Taken together, our data suggest that phosphorylation of Atg1 on multiple sites provides critical mechanisms to regulate Atg1 function in autophagy and the Cvt pathway...
- Selective autophagy: ubiquitin-mediated recognition and beyondClaudine Kraft
Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Zurich, Schafmattstrasse 18, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Cell Biol 12:836-41. 2010..On the basis of the evolutionary history of autophagic ubiquitin receptors, we propose a common origin for metazoan ubiquitin-dependent autophagy and the cytoplasm-to-vacuole targeting pathway of yeast...
- Substrate binding on the APC/C occurs between the coactivator Cdh1 and the processivity factor Doc1Bettina A Buschhorn
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology IMP, Vienna, Austria
Nat Struct Mol Biol 18:6-13. 2011..Our results suggest that substrates are recruited to the APC/C by binding to a bipartite substrate receptor composed of a coactivator protein and Doc1...