Affiliation: University of Vienna
- Flat detector angio-CT following intra-arterial therapy of acute ischemic stroke: identification of hemorrhage and distinction from contrast accumulation due to blood-brain barrier disruptionT Kau
From the Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology T K, M H, M N, K A H
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 35:1759-64. 2014....
- The "central vein sign": is there a place for susceptibility weighted imaging in possible multiple sclerosis?Thomas Kau
Klinikum Klagenfurt, Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Feschnigstrasse 11, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria
Eur Radiol 23:1956-62. 2013..Susceptibility weighted imaging (SWI) may have the potential to depict the perivenous extent of white matter lesions (WMLs) in multiple sclerosis (MS). We aimed to assess the discriminatory value of the "central vein sign" (CVS)...
- Chudley-McCullough syndrome: case report and review of the neuroimaging spectrumThomas Kau
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, University Children s Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Neuropediatrics 43:44-7. 2012..While early support with hearing aids may lead to improved language and cognitive outcome, shunting of ventricular dilatation is not indicated in the Chudley-McCullough syndrome...
- Increased cerebellar volume in the early stage of fucosidosis: a case control studyThomas Kau
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, University Children s Hospital Zurich, Steinwiesstrasse 75, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Neuroradiology 53:509-16. 2011..Yet unreported in this lysosomal storage disease, we aimed to quantify our observation that patients with fucosidosis may show abnormally increased cerebellar volumes during early childhood...
- Dual-energy CT angiography in peripheral arterial occlusive disease-accuracy of maximum intensity projections in clinical routine and subgroup analysisThomas Kau
General Hospital of Klagenfurt, Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Klinikum Klagenfurt, Sankt Veiter Strasse 47, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria
Eur Radiol 21:1677-86. 2011..To evaluate the accuracy of dual-energy CT angiography (DE-CTA) maximum intensity projections (MIPs) in symptomatic peripheral arterial occlusive disease (PAOD)...
- Transsphenoidal extension of heterotopic glioneuronal tissue: pathoanatomic considerations in symptomatic neonatesThomas Kau
Department of Pediatric Radiology, Section of Neuroradiology, University Children s Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Childs Nerv Syst 27:771-8. 2011....
- Pseudomeningocele and traumatic brain lesion following vacuum extraction deliveryThomas Kau
LKH Klagenfurt, Roentgenzentralinstitut, St Veiter Strasse 47, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria
Arch Neurol 64:1048-9. 2007
- FDG PET/CT in the detection of recurrent rectal cancerThomas Kau
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, General Hospital of Klagenfurt, Klagenfurt, Austria
Int Surg 94:315-24. 2009..The rare case of an FDG uptake of adrenal adenoma is documented. PET/CT is valuable in the staging of rectal cancer, particularly for excluding recurrent disease suspected by PET interpretation alone in a considerable number of patients...
- When coughing can cause stroke--a case-based update on cerebral air embolism complicating biopsy of the lungThomas Kau
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, General Hospital of Klagenfurt, St Veiter Strasse 47, Klagenfurt, 9020, Austria
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:848-53. 2008..The English literature on cerebral air embolism is reviewed, including an update of current opinions on its pathomechanism, diagnostic findings, therapeutic strategies, and means of prevention...
- MR angiographic follow-up of intracranial aneurysms treated with detachable coils: evaluation of a blood-pool contrast mediumT Kau
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, St Veiter Strasse 47, Klagenfurt, Austria
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 30:1524-30. 2009..Our aim was to compare blood-pool contrast-enhanced MR angiography (BPCE-MRA) using gadofosveset trisodium (Vasovist) with 3D time-of-flight MRA (TOF-MRA) in the follow-up of intracranial aneurysms after endovascular therapy...
- Feasibility and potential value of flat-panel detector-based computed tomography in myelography after spinal surgeryThomas Kau
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, General Hospital of Klagenfurt, Austria
J Neurosurg Spine 10:66-72. 2009..The purpose of this study was to assess the value of myelography using flat-panel detector-based computed tomography (fpCT) in 5 patients in whom the image quality of multislice CT (MSCT) or MR imaging was limited by metal artifacts...
- Sonographic detection and coil embolization of an intrasplenic pseudoaneurysm following stab injury and salvage surgeryThomas Kau
LKH Klagenfurt, RZI, Klagenfurt, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 119:349. 2007
- Images in vascular medicine. Two exceptionally rare branching patterns of the aortic archThomas Kau
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Federal Hospital of Klagenfurt, Klagenfurt, Austria
Vasc Med 13:89-90. 2008
- Impact of PVCs noted during coronary calcium scan on image quality and accuracy in subsequent coronary dual-source CT angiographyWolfgang Eicher
Department of Radiology, Hospital Klagenfurt, Sankt Veiter Strasse 47, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 27:601-10. 2011..Mean HR is a predictor of non-diagnostic data sets only in the study group, suggesting more aggressive HR control could be beneficial...
- Aortic development and anomaliesThomas Kau
Department of Radiology, Federal Hospital of Klagenfurt, Klagenfurt, Austria
Semin Intervent Radiol 24:141-52. 2007..In diagnostic and interventional radiology, knowledge of aortic abnormalities and variant branching sequence is crucially important. This article gives a systematic overview of anatomical variability of the aorta...
- Fetal MRI of a hypothalamic hamartoma in Pallister-Hall syndromeStefan Celedin
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, General Hospital of Klagenfurt, A 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria
Pediatr Neurol 42:59-60. 2010..We describe a unique patient in whom magnetic resonance imaging of the fetal brain allowed a prenatal diagnosis of Pallister-Hall syndrome...
- MRI of the temporo-mandibular joint: which sequence is best suited to assess the cortical bone of the mandibular condyle? A cadaveric study using micro-CT as the standard of referenceChristoph A Karlo
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Radiol 22:1579-85. 2012....
- Sonography of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans of the groinThomas Kau
Federal Hospital of Klagenfurt, Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, A 9020 Klagenfurt, St Veiter Strasse 47, Austria
J Clin Ultrasound 36:520-2. 2008..We report a case that highlights the value of sonography in assessing the subcutaneous extent of DFSP...
- Mechanical thrombectomy with stent retrievers in acute ischemic strokeKlaus A Hausegger
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Klinikum Klagenfurt, Feschnigstrasse 11, 9020, Klagenfurt, Austria
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 37:863-74. 2014..In this review, the indications for MTE, the technique, and the technical and clinical outcomes are discussed. Complications and predictors for good clinical outcome are described based on recent data from the literature. ..