Affiliation: University of Innsbruck
- Design and application of an oligonucleotide microarray for the investigation of compost microbial communitiesIngrid H Franke-Whittle
Institute for Microbiology, University of Innsbruck, Technikerstrasse 25, A 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
J Microbiol Methods 62:37-56. 2005..The aim of this study was to develop a molecular tool that would allow screening for the presence or absence of different microorganisms within compost samples...
- Comparison of different labeling methods for the production of labeled target DNA for microarray hybridizationIngrid H Franke-Whittle
Institute for Microbiology, University of Innsbruck, Technikerstrasse 25d, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Microbiol Methods 65:117-26. 2006..The comparison of the different DNA labeling methods revealed that labeling via the Cy3-forward primer approach is the most appropriate of the studied methods for the preparation of labeled target DNA for our purposes...
- Design, development, and use of molecular primers and probes for the detection of Gluconacetobacter species in the pink sugarcane mealybugIngrid H Franke-Whittle
Centre for Bacterial Diversity and Identification, Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Microb Ecol 50:128-39. 2005..liquefaciens by PCR from different mealybugs isolated at various times and from various sugarcane-growing areas in Queensland, Australia, these bacteria do not appear to be significant commensals in the PSMB environment...
- Design and development of the ANAEROCHIP microarray for investigation of methanogenic communitiesIngrid H Franke-Whittle
Leopold Franzens University, Institute of Microbiology, Technikerstrasse 25 d, 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
J Microbiol Methods 79:279-88. 2009..7%), Methanosarcina (2.1%), Methanosphaera (1.6%), an uncultured archaeon (1.6%) and Methanothermobacter (1%) were also detected. These results showed the microarray to be a suitable tool for studying methanogenic communities in sludge...
- Design and testing of real-time PCR primers for the quantification of Methanoculleus, Methanosarcina, Methanothermobacter, and a group of uncultured methanogensIngrid H Franke-Whittle
Leopold Franzens Universitat, Institute for Microbiology, Technikerstrasse 25 d, Innsbruck, Austria
Can J Microbiol 55:611-6. 2009..Application of these primers will allow the detection and quantification of Methanoculleus, Methanosarcina, Methanothermobacter, and a group of yet uncultured archaea from anaerobic habitats...
- Application of COMPOCHIP microarray to investigate the bacterial communities of different compostsIngrid H Franke-Whittle
Institute of Microbiology, Leopold Franzens Universitat, Innsbruck, Austria
Microb Ecol 57:510-21. 2009..Results from denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis supported those of microarray analysis. This study showed that the COMPOCHIP array is a suitable tool to study bacterial communities in composts...
- Bacterial community patterns and thermal analyses of composts of various originsSusanne Klammer
Institute of Microbiology, University of Innsbruck, Technikerstr 25, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Waste Manag Res 26:173-87. 2008..A similar differentiation of composts was found with the thermogavimetric analyses. It may thus be concluded that the resulting humus quality is closely linked to the microbial communities involved...
- Identification of anammox bacteria in a full-scale deammonification plant making use of anaerobic ammonia oxidationGerd Innerebner
Department of Microbiology, Leopold Franzens University Innsbruck, Technikerstrasse 25, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Syst Appl Microbiol 30:408-12. 2007..The sequences retrieved from the red granules were 93% similar to those of Candidatus Brocadia anammoxidans, a bacterium known to catalyze the anaerobic ammonia oxidation...
- Population dynamics at digester overload conditionsMichael A Schoen
Unit of Environmental Engineering, Institute of Infrastructure, University Innsbruck, Technikerstrasse 13, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Bioresour Technol 100:5648-55. 2009..Indicators reflecting the biokinetic state (e.g. F(net)/M(net) or the VFA/alkalinity ratio) are more adequate for the assessment of the stability of reactors in transient situations...
- Adaptation of methanogenic communities to the cofermentation of cattle excreta and olive mill wastes at 37 degrees C and 55 degrees CMarta Goberna
University of Innsbruck, Institute of Microbiology, Innsbruck, Austria
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:6564-71. 2010..Further testing is needed to find out whether there is a link between increased methanogenic diversity and reactor productivity...
- Searching for links in the biotic characteristics and abiotic parameters of nine different biogas plantsAndreas Walter
University of Innsbruck, Institute of Microbiology, Technikerstraße 25d, 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Microb Biotechnol 5:717-30. 2012..No other correlations between biotic characteristics and abiotic parameters were found. Methanogenic communities in each reactor were highly stable and resilient over the whole year...
- Microbial community related to volatile organic compound (VOC) emission in household biowasteSabine Mayrhofer
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Environ Microbiol 8:1960-74. 2006....
- Molecular analysis of bacterial community succession during prolonged compost curingMichael Danon
Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 65:133-44. 2008..In contrast, pathogens were not detected. In the cured compost, bacterial population shifts were still observed after the compost organic matter and other biochemical properties had seemingly stabilized...
- 16S rDNA analysis reveals low microbial diversity in community level physiological profile assaysMargarita Ros
Centro de Edafologia y Biologia Aplicada del Segura, 30100 Murcia, Spain
J Microbiol Methods 72:221-6. 2008..Also for this reason, CLPPs based on incubations of soil suspensions should just be used as a screening method and always be accompanied by other techniques for community analysis...