Affiliation: University of Vienna
- Dynamic systems and inferential information processing in human communicationKarl Grammer
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Urban Ethology, Vienna, Austria
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 23:15-22. 2002....
- Darwinian aesthetics: sexual selection and the biology of beautyKarl Grammer
Ludwig-Boltzmann-lnstitute for Urban Ethology, Althanstrasse 14, A-1090 Vienna, Austria
Biol Rev Camb Philos Soc 78:385-407. 2003..These findings have implications for medical, social and biological sciences...
- Patterns and universals of mate poaching across 53 nations: the effects of sex, culture, and personality on romantically attracting another person's partnerDavid P Schmitt
Department of Psychology, Bradley University, Peoria, IL 61625, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 86:560-84. 2004..The authors conclude that human mate-poaching experiences are universally linked to sex, culture, and the robust influence of personal dispositions...
- Disco clothing, female sexual motivation, and relationship status: is she dressed to impress?Karl Grammer
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Urban Ethology, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Sex Res 41:66-74. 2004..Significant differences were not found, however, for clothing choice across the partnership-status groups...
- Human pheromones and sexual attractionKarl Grammer
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Urban Ethology, c o Institute of Anthropology, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 118:135-42. 2005..In this article we review the present evidence of the effect of human pheromones and discuss the role of olfactory cues in human sexual behaviour...
- Physical attractiveness and health: comment on Weeden and Sabini (2005)Karl Grammer
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Urban Ethology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Psychol Bull 131:658-61. 2005..The authors suggest that future research in this field should seek conceptual and methodological constancy in trait selection and in the evaluation of attractiveness- and health-related traits...
- The representation of self reported affect in body posture and body posture simulationKarl Grammer
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Urban Ethology, Vienna, Austria
Coll Antropol 28:159-73. 2004..50 different subjects rated the reconstructed postures from the positive and negative end of the regression. We found the ratings to be valid and accurate in respect to the five factors...
- Immune reactivity and attractivenessElisabeth Oberzaucher
Department of Anthropology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria elisabeth oberzaucher univie ac at
Gerontology 56:521-4. 2010..We argue that human preferences and mate choice criteria have evolved in coevolution with parasites, and that the current parasite load modulates our decision making...
- Ageing, mate preferences and sexuality: a mini-reviewElisabeth Oberzaucher
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Urban Ethology, Department of Anthropology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Gerontology 55:371-8. 2009..With increasing age, reproduction loses importance, while pair bonding functions remain relevant. Therefore, sexuality never ceases to be part of a relationship...
- Laying eyes on headlights: eye movements suggest facial features in carsSonja Windhager
Department of Anthropology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Coll Antropol 34:1075-80. 2010..This response to abstract configurations is interpreted as an adaptive bias of the respective inherent mechanism for face perception and is evolutionarily reasonable with regard to a "better safe than sorry" strategy...
- Amygdala activation at 3T in response to human and avatar facial expressions of emotionsEwald Moser
MR Centre of Excellence, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Neurosci Methods 161:126-33. 2007..However, the finding of differences between human and avatar faces in face-sensitive regions indicates the presence of mechanisms by which human brains can differentiate between them. This mechanism merits further investigation...
- Monthly patterns of testosterone and behavior in prospective fathersKatharina Hirschenhauser
Instituto Superior de Psicologia Aplicada, Unidade de Investigação em Eco etologia, Lisbon, Portugal
Horm Behav 42:172-81. 2002....
- Individual and gender fingerprints in human body odourDustin J Penn
Konrad Lorenz Institute for Ethology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, 1160 Vienna, Austria
J R Soc Interface 4:331-40. 2007....
- Application of dissimilarity indices, principal coordinates analysis, and rank tests to peak tables in metabolomics of the gas chromatography/mass spectrometry of human sweatYun Xu
Centre for Chemometrics, School of Chemistry, University of Bristol, Cantocks Close Bristol BS8 1TS, United Kingdom
Anal Chem 79:5633-41. 2007....
- Color homogeneity and visual perception of age, health, and attractiveness of female facial skinPaul J Matts
P and G Beauty, Egham, United Kingdom
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:977-84. 2007..Evolutionary psychology suggests that skin signals aspects of mate value, yet only limited empirical evidence exists for this assertion...
- Visual attention to variation in female facial skin color distributionBernhard Fink
Department of Sociobiology Anthropology, Institute of Zoology and Anthropology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Cosmet Dermatol 7:155-61. 2008..Recent research has shown that people are sensitive to variation in skin color distribution, and such variation affects visual perception of female facial attractiveness, healthiness, and age...
- Universal sex differences in the desire for sexual variety: tests from 52 nations, 6 continents, and 13 islandsDavid P Schmitt
Department of Psychology, Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois 61625, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 85:85-104. 2003..Among contemporary theories of human mating, pluralistic approaches that hypothesize sex differences in the evolved design of short-term mating provide the most compelling account of these robust empirical findings...
- Second to fourth digit ratio and face shapeBernhard Fink
Department for Sociobiology Anthropology, Institute for Zoology and Anthropology, University of Gottingen, Berliner Strasse 28, D 37073 Götingen, Germany
Proc Biol Sci 272:1995-2001. 2005....