Affiliation: University of Vienna
- Karl Landsteiner, the discoverer of blood groupsMarkus Figl
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Experimental and Clinical Traumatology, and Department of Anaesthesiology and lntensive Care Medicine, Lorenz Boehler Trauma Centre, Vienna, Austria
Resuscitation 63:251-4. 2004
- Extensor pollicis longus rupture after distal radius fracture: results of reconstruction by transposition of the extensor indicis tendon and postoperative dynamic splintingMarkus Figl
General Hospital Tulln, Tulln, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 123:485-7. 2011..In injuries of the extensor pollicis tendon, transposition of the extensor indicis tendon is a simple and uncomplicated procedure. Considerable improvement of thumb extension can be achieved through this substitution repair...
- Results of dynamic treatment of fractures of the proximal phalanx of the handMarkus Figl
Department of Traumatology, Trauma Hospital Lorenz Boehler, Vienna, Austria
J Trauma 70:852-6. 2011..The aim of this method is to achieve bony healing and free mobility at the same time and not in succession. We evaluated our treatment outcomes in a follow-up study...
- Unstable distal radius fractures in the elderly patient--volar fixed-angle plate osteosynthesis prevents secondary loss of reductionMarkus Figl
Lorenz Boehler Trauma Center, Donaueschingenstrasse 13, A 1200 Vienna, Austria
J Trauma 68:992-8. 2010..The focus of our interest was whether a secondary loss of reduction can be prevented by this plating system in the elderly patient...
- Urine toxicology screening in Austrian trauma patients: a prospective studyMarkus Figl
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Experimental and Clinical Traumatology, Trauma Research Center of the Austrian Workers Compensation Board, Vienna, Austria
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 130:883-7. 2010..The purpose of our prospective multicenter study was to collect data about drug consumption in Austria to determine whether drugs are identifiable in the urine of recently injured individuals and to establish the types of drugs consumed...
- Volar fixed-angle plate osteosynthesis of unstable distal radius fractures: 12 months resultsMarkus Figl
Trauma Center Lorenz Boehler, Donaueschingenstrasse 13, 1200 Vienna, Austria
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:661-9. 2009..The focus of our interest was whether a secondary loss of reduction can be avoided by this plating system...
- Retrospective review of outcome after surgical treatment of enchondromas in the handMarkus Figl
Trauma Center Lorenz Boehler, Vienna, Austria
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:729-34. 2009..While the majority of bone tumours are benign (89.4%), a small number show signs of malignancy (4.4%). Among the benign bone tumours of the skeleton of the hand, enchondromas are the most common, at 35-65%...
- [Gunshot injuries--incidence and treatment]M Figl
AUVA Unfallkrankenhaus Lorenz Böhler, Wien, Osterreich
Zentralbl Chir 132:365-71. 2007..Gunshot injuries are very rare in the European Union. To show the requirements for the trauma surgeon to deal with gunshot injuries this analysis was performed...
- Predictive factors influencing the outcome after gunshot injuries to the head-a retrospective cohort studyMarcus Hofbauer
Department of Trauma Surgery, Medical University Vienna, Vienna
J Trauma 69:770-5. 2010..Civilian gunshot injuries to the head are relatively rare in the irenical European Union, and studies of treatment and outcomes are seldom for this region in the current literature...
- Dose sensitivity of three phantoms used for quality assurance in digital mammographyM Figl
Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Phys Med Biol 58:N13-23. 2013..We conclude that an NEQ-based method has the potential to replace the established detail phantom methods to detect dose changes in the course of QA...
- SU-E-J-90: 2D/3D Registration Using KV-MV Image Pairs for Higher Accuracy Image Guided RadiotherapyH Furtado
Medical University Vienna, Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering and Christian Doppler Laboratory for Medical Radiation Research for Radiation Oncology, Vienna, Austria
Med Phys 39:3673. 2012..Given the possibility to acquire these two images simultaneously, this is not only very workflow efficient but is also shown to be a good approach to improve registration accuracy...
- Rotational and translational laxity after computer-navigated single- and double-bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstructionM Hofbauer
Department of Trauma Surgery, General Hospital, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Vienna, Austria
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 18:1201-7. 2010....
- Evaluation of a new electromagnetic tracking system using a standardized assessment protocolJ Hummel
Center of Biomedical Engineering and Physics, Medical University of Vienna, Austria Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Vienna, Austria
Phys Med Biol 51:N205-10. 2006..A 9.4 mm maximum error occurred when the rod was closest to the emitter, 10 mm away. The improvement compared to older generations of the Aurora with respect to accuracy is substantial...
- Jaromir Baron von Mundy--founder of the Vienna ambulance serviceMarkus Figl
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Experimental and Clinical Traumatology and Trauma Research Center of the Austrian Workers Compensation Board, Donaueschingenstrasse 13, 1200 Vienna, Austria
Resuscitation 66:121-5. 2005
- Resuscitation great. Franz Koenig and Friedrich MaassMarkus Figl
Department of Trauma Surgery, Lorenz Boehler Trauma Centre, Vienna, Austria
Resuscitation 70:6-9. 2006
- Emergency room management of patients with blunt major trauma: evaluation of the multislice computed tomography protocol exemplified by an urban trauma centerPatrick Weninger
Department of Trauma Surgery, Trauma Hospital Lorenz Boehler, Austria
J Trauma 62:584-91. 2007..The aim of the study was to compare the "MSCT-protocol" as it is performed at our institution, with the "Pre-MSCT-protocol"...