M de Zwaan
Affiliation: University of Vienna
- Pain sensitivity, alexithymia, and depression in patients with eating disorders: are they related?M de Zwaan
Department of General Psychiatry, University Hospital of Psychiatry, University of Vienna, Austria
J Psychosom Res 41:65-70. 1996..Analyses of covariance revealed that the degree of alexithymia did not influence thresholds to thermally and mechanically induced pain, whereas the severity of depression affected to some extent the threshold to thermally induced pain...
- [Anorexia and bulimia--limits and options in clinical practice]M de Zwaan
Klinischen Abteilung für Allgemeine Psychiatrie der Universitätsklinik für Psychiatrie, Wien
Wien Med Wochenschr 149:326-30. 1999....
- Binge eating disorder and obesityM de Zwaan
Department of General Psychiatry, University Hospital of Psychiatry, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:S51-5. 2001..Thus, both eating disorder and obesity treatments seem to be beneficial in BED. However, it is recommended today that treatment should first be directed at the disordered eating and associated psychopathology...
- In vivo visualization of serotonin transporters in the human brain during fluoxetine treatmentJ Tauscher
Department of General Psychiatry, University Hospital of Vienna, Austria
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 9:177-9. 1999..Four hours after injection of the tracer more than 40% of serotonin transporters were blocked. To our knowledge, this is the first direct documentation of the pharmacodynamic action of fluoxetine in the human brain in vivo...
- No change in striatal dopamine re-uptake site density in psychotropic drug naive and in currently treated Tourette's disorder patients: a [(123)I]-beta-CIT SPECt-studyM Stamenkovic
Department of General Psychiatry, University Hospital for Psychiatry, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 11:69-74. 2001..The objective of our study was to measure DAT densities with [(123)I]-beta-CIT binding in TD patients who were either psychotropic drug naive or currently treated with antipsychotics (AP) and healthy controls...
- [123I] beta-CIT and single photon emission computed tomography reveal reduced brain serotonin transporter availability in bulimia nervosaJ Tauscher
Department of General Psychiatry, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Biol Psychiatry 49:326-32. 2001....