Affiliation: University of Vienna
- Presence and structure of innervated myotendinous cylinders in sheep extraocular muscleR Blumer
Institute of Anatomy, Department 2, University of Vienna, Austria
Neurosci Lett 248:49-52. 1998..Innervated myotendinous cylinders of sheep EOMs exhibit the same ultrastructural features as those earlier described as palisade endings or myotendinous cylinders in cat, monkey and man...
- Muscle spindles and Golgi tendon organs in bovine calf extraocular muscle studied by means of double-fluorescent labeling, electron microscopy, and three-dimensional reconstructionRoland Blumer
Department of Anatomy, University of Vienna, Austria
Exp Eye Res 77:447-62. 2003..These new insights in the complex and specific morphology of MSps and GTOs in bovine EOMs indicate that we deal with highly developed proprioceptors. These are supposed to provide important information for EOM innervation...
- Presence and structure of innervated myotendinous cylinders in rabbit extraocular muscleR Blumer
Department 2, Institute of Anatomy, University of Vienna, Wahringerstrasse 13, Vienna, 1090, Austria
Exp Eye Res 73:787-96. 2001..Based on fine structure and alpha-bungarotoxin binding, myoneural contacts in rabbit IMCs are almost certainly motor, as previously observed only in human IMCs. Thus, rabbit IMCs are supposed to have a predominant effector function...
- Number, distribution, and morphologic particularities of encapsulated proprioceptors in pig extraocular musclesR Blumer
Institute of Anatomy, Department 2, University of Vienna, Waeringerstrasse 13, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:3085-94. 2001..To analyze qualitatively and quantitatively the total complement of encapsulated proprioceptors (Golgi tendon organs [GTOs] and neuromuscular spindles) in pig extraocular muscles (EOMs)...
- Presence and morphological variability of Golgi tendon organs in the distal portion of sheep extraocular muscleR Blumer
Institute of Anatomy, Department 2, University of Vienna, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Anat Rec 258:359-68. 2000..In the GTOs variably shaped nerve terminals were found which contained a high number of mitochondria. In two GTOs, additionally, nerve terminals with aggregates of densely packed vesicles were present...
- Selective downregulation of VEGF-A(165), VEGF-R(1), and decreased capillary density in patients with dilative but not ischemic cardiomyopathyD Abraham
Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, Department of Anatomy, University of Vienna, Austria
Circ Res 87:644-7. 2000..Whether downregulation of certain VEGF isoforms in DCM is a cause or consequence of this disorder remains unclear, although upregulated VEGF levels in ICM are most likely the result of ischemia...
- Positive effect of treatment with synthetic steroid hormone tibolon on intimal hyperplasia and restenosis after experimental endothelial injury of rabbit carotid arteryJ Nanobashvili
Department of Vascular Surgery, University of Vienna, Austria
Eur Surg Res 36:74-82. 2004....
- Innervated myotendinous cylinders in human extraocular musclesJ R Lukas
Department of Ophthalmology and Optometry, Institute of Anatomy, University of Vienna, Austria
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:2422-31. 2000....
- Muscle fiber types of human extraocular muscles: a histochemical and immunohistochemical studyR Wasicky
Institute of Anatomy, University of Vienna, Austria
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:980-90. 2000..To classify muscle fibers of human extraocular muscle (hEOM) and to compare them to previous studies on hEOM, as well as to nonhuman EOM classification schemes and skeletal muscle fiber types...
- Alpha-Gal specific IgG immune response after implantation of bioprosthesesA Mangold
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 57:191-5. 2009..We sought to investigate whether that immune response continues after valve implantation...
- Alpha-Gal on bioprostheses: xenograft immune response in cardiac surgeryK Z Konakci
Medizinische Universität Wien, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Clin Invest 35:17-23. 2005..We sought to investigate whether a specific alpha-Gal immune response may play a role in this clinical scenario...
- Atomic force microscopy imaging of the human trigeminal ganglionM Melling
First Department of Anatomy, University of Vienna, A 1170 Vienna, Austria
Neuroimage 14:1348-52. 2001..These are the first images of the human trigeminal ganglion by AFM...
- Impact of cardiac transplantation on molecular pathology of ET-1, VEGF-C, and mitochondrial metabolism and morphology in dilated versus ischemic cardiomyopathic patientsS Aharinejad
Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, First Department of Anatomy, University of Vienna, Waehringerstrasse 13, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Transplantation 72:1043-9. 2001..Therefore, it is more likely that these changes are the cause rather than a consequence of DCM...
- Development of 'no-reflow' phenomenon in ischemia/reperfusion injury: failure of active vasomotility and not simply passive vasoconstrictionJ Nanobashvili
Department of Vascular Surgery, University of Vienna Medical School, AKH, Vienna, Austria
Eur Surg Res 35:417-24. 2003..The development of the no-reflow phenomenon in the rabbit hind limb I/R model and the influence of treatment with L-arginine and/or antioxidative vitamins were investigated...