Affiliation: University of Graz
- Expression of blood group antigens A and/or B in diseased corneasN Ardjomand
University Eye Clinic, Karl Franzens University, Graz, Austria
Curr Eye Res 17:650-5. 1998..This study attempts for the first time to investigate to what extent the bga A and/or B are expressed in diseased corneas...
- [A clinico-pathological case report of necrotizing ulcerating keratopathy due to topical anaesthetic abuse]N Ardjomand
Universitats Augenklinik, Karl Franzens Universität, Graz, Germany
Ophthalmologe 99:872-5. 2002..Topical anesthetic abuse is rare, but difficult to diagnose since most patients deny its use and the clinical changes are very similar to other corneal diseases...
- [Octreotide scintigraphy for the diagnosis of active Graves' ophthalmopathy]N Ardjomand
Universitats Augenklinik, Karl Franzens Universitat Graz
Ophthalmologe 100:1049-53. 2003..In this study the diagnostic accuracy of orbital octreotide uptake in patients with presumed active Grave's ophthalmopathy (GO) was evaluated...
- Pupillary block after phakic anterior chamber intraocular lens implantationNavid Ardjomand
Department of Ophthalmology, Karl Franzens University School of Medicine, Graz, Austria
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:1080-1. 2002..Pupillary block glaucoma may occur after phakic IOL implantation without iridotomy, and we advocate that routine iridotomy be performed during phakic IOL surgeries...
- Phototherapeutic keratectomy with an epithelial flap for recurrent erosion syndromeNavid Ardjomand
Department of Ophthalmology, Karl Franzens University Medical School, Graz, Austria
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:543-5. 2004..The best spectacle-corrected visual acuity was 0.40 to 0.63 logMAR on the first postoperative day and 0.80 to 1.00 logMAR after a week. No patient developed recurrent erosion...
- [Intracorneal silicone oil deposits]N Ardjomand
Universitats Augenklinik, Karl Franzens Universität, Auenbruggerplatz 4, 8036 Graz, Osterreich
Ophthalmologe 99:46-8. 2002..A patient with intraocular silicone oildeposits underwent paracentral corneal incision but the corneal sutures were never removed and 7 years later a perforating corneal transplantation was performed due to corneal opacification...
- [Therapy of neurotrophic keratopathy in trigeminal schwannoma with radiosurgery]N Ardjomand
Universitats Augenklinik, Karl Franzens Universität, Graz, Osterreich
Wien Klin Wochenschr 113:605-9. 2001..We present a patient with neurotrophic keratopathy due to a trigeminal nerve neurinoma, who was successfully treated by radiosurgery...
- Transpupillary thermotherapy for choroidal metastasesN Ardjomand
Department of Ophthalmology, Karl Franzens University, Graz, Austria
Ophthalmologica 215:241-4. 2001..We report on a case with bilateral choroidal metastases derived from a renal cell carcinoma 13 years after nephrectomy. The treatment modality is discussed...
- Expression of somatostatin receptors in uveal melanomasNavid Ardjomand
Departments of Ophthalmology, Karl Franzens University School of Medicine, Graz, Austria
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:980-7. 2003..To investigate the distribution of somatostatin receptor (SSR) subtypes 2, 3, and 5 in uveal melanomas and their diagnostic and possible therapeutic value...
- MMP-9 is predominantly expressed in epithelioid and not spindle cell uveal melanomaY El-Shabrawi
Department of Ophthalmology, Karl Franzens University Graz, Austria
J Pathol 194:201-6. 2001..45% for TIMP-1; 88% vs. 37% for TIMP-2) supports the view that proteolytic enzymes are of importance in tumour spread...
- Lamellar corneal dissection for visualization of the anterior chamber before triple procedureN Ardjomand
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University Graz, Graz, Styria, Austria
Eye (Lond) 21:1151-4. 2007..Herein, we present a fast and easy technique for visualization of the anterior chamber and the lens in eyes with opaque corneas planed for triple procedure...
- [Refractive predictability and stability of three-piece versus single-piece intraocular lenses in patients with high axial myopia]A Frings
Universitäts Augenklinik Graz, Medizinische Universitat Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 4, 8036, Graz, Osterreich
Ophthalmologe 109:591-4. 2012..The purpose of the current study was to compare single-piece and three-piece IOLs in patients with high axial myopia...
- Adverse skin reactions to infliximab in the treatment of intraocular inflammationB J Wegscheider
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Eye (Lond) 21:547-9. 2007..Thus patients undergoing treatment with infliximab should be monitored carefully since dermal infections and pustular psoriasis, which may be triggered by streptococcal infection, may occur under this regime...
- Intravitreal VEGF levels in uveitis patients and treatment of uveitic macular oedema with intravitreal bevacizumabK Weiss
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Graz, Austria
Eye (Lond) 23:1812-8. 2009..We determined intravitreal VEGF levels and treated uveitis patients with intravitreal bevacizumab...
- [Malignant melanoma of the ciliary body. A diagnostic problem]N Ardjomand
Universitats Augenklinik, Karl Franzens Universität, Graz, Osterreich
Ophthalmologe 98:406-8. 2001..Ciliary body melanoma is often diagnosed too late and therefore has a poor prognosis. The circular infiltration of the iridocorneal angle by malignant cells can lead to secondary glaucoma, often misdiagnosed as pigmentary glaucoma...
- [Visual function with blue light filter IOLs]C Wohlfart
Universitats Augenklinik, Medizinische Universitat Graz, Osterreich
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 224:23-7. 2007..In this study we compared subjective and objective parameters of visual function following implantation of blue light filter (yellow) IOLs and IOLs of the same design without filter...
- Synthesis pattern of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and inhibitors (TIMPs) in human explant organ cultures after treatment with latanoprost and dexamethasoneY El-Shabrawi
Department of Ophthalmology, Karl Franzens Universitat Graz, Austria
Eye (Lond) 14:375-83. 2000....
- [ABO blood group expression in corneal allograft failures]N Ardjomand
Universitats Augenklinik, Medizinische Universitat, Graz, Osterreich
Ophthalmologe 102:981-6. 2005..Since AB0 blood group antigens are also known to be expressed on stromal and endothelial cells of inflamed corneas, this study aimed to investigate the extend of ABO blood group antigen expression in corneal allograft failures...
- Conductive keratoplasty for asymmetric corneal astigmatismNavid Ardjomand
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:874-5. 2008
- Coinfection of the retina by Epstein-Barr virus and cytomegalovirus in an AIDS patientPetra Freigassner
Department of Ophthalmology, Karl Franzens University Graz, Graz, Austria
Am J Ophthalmol 134:275-7. 2002..To report an immunohistochemically proven case of a coinfection of the retina by Epstein-Barr virus and cytomegalovirus in a patient with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)...
- Five-year results of prognostic value of tyrosinase in peripheral blood of uveal melanoma patientsIngrid Boldin
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital, Graz, Austria
Melanoma Res 15:503-7. 2005..Our results suggest a prognostic value of this method. Nevertheless, prospective analysis of a larger cohort is needed to determine the ultimate value of RT-PCR for tyrosinase in blood testing...
- Pupil ovalization after phakic intraocular lens implantation is associated with sectorial iris hypoperfusionPeter Fellner
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 4, A-8036 Graz, Austria
Arch Ophthalmol 123:1061-5. 2005..CONCLUSION: Iris ovalization after phakic intraocular lens implantation may be associated with a lack of iris perfusion and with secondary ischemia. Patients with these lenses and pupil ovalization should be followed regularly...
- Lymph node metastases arising from uveal melanomaNavid Ardjomand
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 117:433-5. 2005..Therefore, in cases of unilateral pigment dispersion, malignancy should be excluded before fistulating operations are performed...
- Keratitis after intracorneal ring segment insertion for keratoconusJames C McAlister
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:676-8. 2006..Ocular atopy with sterile keratitis should be considered in the differential diagnosis of keratitis after the insertion of intracorneal ring segments, which can be easily treated by ring removal...
- Quality of vision and graft thickness in deep anterior lamellar and penetrating corneal allograftsNavid Ardjomand
Cornea and External Diseases Service, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am J Ophthalmol 143:228-235. 2007..To compare visual function after deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty (DALK) with visual function after penetrating keratoplasty (PK) for keratoconus and correlate this with corneal thickness...
- [Mycotic infections of the eye]Katrin Weiss
Augenabteilung, Landeskrankenhaus Klagenfurt, Klagenfurt, Osterreich
Wien Med Wochenschr 157:517-21. 2007..Endogenous mycotic endophthalmitis is frequently an ocular manifestation of a systemic disease. Early diagnosis should be made to ensure prompt initiation of antifungal therapy, to prevent visual loss...
- Keratopathy after ultraviolet B phototherapyPeter Komericki
Department of Environmental Dermatology and Venereology, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 117:300-2. 2005..The use of protective eye shields should be considered, since UVB might induce long-term corneal damage and early onset of cataract...
- Effect of administration of CTLA4-Ig as protein or cDNA on corneal allograft survivalRichard M Comer
Department of Immunology, Division of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:1095-103. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: Protein- or gene-based administration of CTLA4-Ig prolongs allograft survival by treatment of either the recipient or the donor tissue ex vivo before grafting...
- Paraffin embedding technique for specimens obtained by vitrectomyNavid Ardjomand
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 4, 8036 Graz, Austria
Arch Ophthalmol 122:1537-8. 2004