- Short-term effects of high-dose oral vitamin D3 in critically ill vitamin D deficient patients: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot studyKarin Amrein
Medical University of Graz, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Auenbruggerplatz 15, 8036 Graz, Austria
Crit Care 15:R104. 2011..The objective of this trial was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a single oral high-dose vitamin D3 supplementation in an intensive care setting over a one-week observation period...
- Serum gamma-glutamyl transferase and mortality in persons undergoing coronary angiography-The Ludwigshafen Risk and Cardiovascular Health StudyTatjana Stojakovic
Clinical Institute of Medical and Chemical Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 15, A 8036 Graz, Austria
Atherosclerosis 208:564-71. 2010..Serum gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) seems to be a predictor for coronary artery disease (CAD). The objective of this study was to elucidate the relationship between GGT and total as well as cardiovascular mortality...
- Differential effects of fluvastatin alone or in combination with ezetimibe on lipoprotein subfractions in patients at high risk of coronary eventsT Stojakovic
Medical University of Graz, A 8036 Graz, Austria
Eur J Clin Invest 40:187-94. 2010..The objective of the study was to examine the effects of fluvastatin plus ezetimibe on lipoprotein subfractions in patients with type 2 diabetes and/or coronary heart disease...
- Non-glycemic effects of insulin therapy: a comparison between insulin aspart and regular human insulin during two consecutive meals in patients with type 2 diabetesH Sourij
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Cardiovascular Diabetology Research Group, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerpl 15, 8036 Graz, Austria
Eur J Endocrinol 165:269-74. 2011....
- Short communication: Effect of supplementation with Lactobacillus casei Shirota on insulin sensitivity, β-cell function, and markers of endothelial function and inflammation in subjects with metabolic syndrome--a pilot studyN J Tripolt
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Medical University of Graz, 8010 Graz, Austria
J Dairy Sci 96:89-95. 2013..Intake of LcS for 12 wk in subjects with metabolic syndrome did not improve insulin sensitivity, β-cell function, endothelial function, or inflammation markers in this trial...
- The HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor cerivastatin lowers advanced glycation end products in patients with type 2 diabetesH Scharnagl
Clinical Institute of Medical and Chemical Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 115:372-5. 2007..003) and LDL apoB (r=0.239, P=0.05). In addition to the lipid-lowering effects of HMGRI, the reduction of AGE-CML observed in our study may entail an improvement of the cardiovascular prognosis in patients with chronic hyperglycemia...