- Short-term effects of high-dose oral vitamin D3 in critically ill vitamin D deficient patients: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot studyKarin Amrein
Medical University of Graz, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Auenbruggerplatz 15, 8036 Graz, Austria
Crit Care 15:R104. 2011..The objective of this trial was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a single oral high-dose vitamin D3 supplementation in an intensive care setting over a one-week observation period...
- Serum gamma-glutamyl transferase and mortality in persons undergoing coronary angiography-The Ludwigshafen Risk and Cardiovascular Health StudyTatjana Stojakovic
Clinical Institute of Medical and Chemical Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 15, A 8036 Graz, Austria
Atherosclerosis 208:564-71. 2010..Serum gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) seems to be a predictor for coronary artery disease (CAD). The objective of this study was to elucidate the relationship between GGT and total as well as cardiovascular mortality...
- Differential effects of fluvastatin alone or in combination with ezetimibe on lipoprotein subfractions in patients at high risk of coronary eventsT Stojakovic
Medical University of Graz, A 8036 Graz, Austria
Eur J Clin Invest 40:187-94. 2010..The objective of the study was to examine the effects of fluvastatin plus ezetimibe on lipoprotein subfractions in patients with type 2 diabetes and/or coronary heart disease...
- Non-glycemic effects of insulin therapy: a comparison between insulin aspart and regular human insulin during two consecutive meals in patients with type 2 diabetesH Sourij
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Cardiovascular Diabetology Research Group, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerpl 15, 8036 Graz, Austria
Eur J Endocrinol 165:269-74. 2011....
- Short communication: Effect of supplementation with Lactobacillus casei Shirota on insulin sensitivity, β-cell function, and markers of endothelial function and inflammation in subjects with metabolic syndrome--a pilot studyN J Tripolt
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Medical University of Graz, 8010 Graz, Austria
J Dairy Sci 96:89-95. 2013..Intake of LcS for 12 wk in subjects with metabolic syndrome did not improve insulin sensitivity, β-cell function, endothelial function, or inflammation markers in this trial...
- A derived neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio predicts clinical outcome in stage II and III colon cancer patientsG Absenger
Division of Clinical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 15, Graz, Austria
Br J Cancer 109:395-400. 2013..In this study, we analysed the dNLR with clinical outcome in stage II and III colon cancer patients...
- The HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor cerivastatin lowers advanced glycation end products in patients with type 2 diabetesH Scharnagl
Clinical Institute of Medical and Chemical Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 115:372-5. 2007..003) and LDL apoB (r=0.239, P=0.05). In addition to the lipid-lowering effects of HMGRI, the reduction of AGE-CML observed in our study may entail an improvement of the cardiovascular prognosis in patients with chronic hyperglycemia...
- Role of N-terminal pro B-type natriuretic peptide in identifying patients at high risk for adverse outcome after emergent non-cardiac surgeryS Farzi
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Br J Anaesth 110:554-60. 2013..This study tested the usefulness of perioperative N-terminal pro B-type natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) for in-hospital and long-term risk stratification...
- Low expression of the putative tumour suppressor spinophilin is associated with higher proliferative activity and poor prognosis in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaA Aigelsreiter
Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Br J Cancer 108:1830-7. 2013..According to our data, the loss of spinophilin is associated with higher proliferation and might be useful as a prognostic marker in patients with HCC...
- Increased neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio is a poor prognostic factor in patients with primary operable and inoperable pancreatic cancerM Stotz
Division of Clinical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Br J Cancer 109:416-21. 2013..Thus, the NLR should be considered for future individual risk assessment in patients with PC. ..
- High plasma fibrinogen level represents an independent negative prognostic factor regarding cancer-specific, metastasis-free, as well as overall survival in a European cohort of non-metastatic renal cell carcinoma patientsM Pichler
Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 25, Graz A 8036, Austria
Br J Cancer 109:1123-9. 2013..Thus, this easily determinable laboratory value should be considered as an additional prognostic factor for RCC patients' individual risk assessment. ..