- Glutathione in the prevention of cisplatin induced toxicities. A prospectively randomized pilot trial in patients with head and neck cancer and non small cell lung cancerM Schmidinger
Division of Oncology, Boltzmann Institute for Experimental Oncology, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 112:617-23. 2000....
- Docetaxel monotherapy in heavily pretreated metastatic breast cancer: a multicenter, community-based feasibility trialM Schmidinger
Department of Medicine I, University Hospital of Vienna, Austria
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 47:57-62. 2001..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of docetaxel in heavily pretreated and anthracycline-resistant patients with metastatic breast cancer in an outpatient setting...
- Sequential administration of interferon-gamma, GM-CSF, and interleukin-2 in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma: results of a phase II trialM Schmidinger
Department of Medicine I, University Hospital, Vienna, Austria
J Immunother 24:257-62. 2001..Compared with other phase II trials with IFN-gamma and IL-2 alone, the addition of GM-CSF failed to improve response or survival in patients with MRCC...
- Unexpected severe myelotoxicity of gemcitabine in pretreated breast cancer patientsG J Locker
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Oncology, University Hospital of Vienna, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Anticancer Drugs 12:209-12. 2001..We conclude that gemcitabine in heavily pretreated breast cancer patients should only be used with extreme caution with special focus on platelet counts until solid data from clinical studies for doses and schedules are available...
- CD98hc (SLC3A2), a novel marker in renal cell cancerG W Prager
Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Clin Invest 39:304-10. 2009..Therefore, the identification of novel cell surface markers is sought, which might lead to novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies in cancer...
- Effective treatment of a peripheral T-cell lymphoma/lymphoepitheloid cell variant (Lennert's lymphoma) refractory to chemotherapy with the CD-52 antibody alemtuzumabM A Zeitlinger
Department of Medicine I, Division of Oncology, Medical University Vienna, Austria
Leuk Lymphoma 46:771-4. 2005..Our observations indicate clinical activity of alemtuzumab in the treatment of Lennert's lymphoma, including even bulky nodal disease, particularly for patients who have failed conventional therapies...
- Prognostic factors in metastatic renal cell carcinoma: metastasectomy as independent prognostic variableU M Vogl
Department of Medicine I, Clinical Division of Oncology, University Hospital, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Vienna A 1090, Austria
Br J Cancer 95:691-8. 2006..Our findings strongly suggest the consideration of metastasectomy in the management of patients with metastatic renal cell cancer undergoing either immunotherapy or targeted treatment...
- The clinical role of somatostatin analogues as antineoplastic agents: much ado about nothing?M Hejna
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital of Vienna, Austria
Ann Oncol 13:653-68. 2002..Somatostatin (SST) analogues represent a novel approach for the treatment of certain cancers. The objective of this article is to summarise the current knowledge on SST analogues in the treatment of cancer patients...