- Tight glycaemic control by an automated algorithm with time-variant sampling in medical ICU patientsChristoph Pachler
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University Graz, Stiftingtalstrasse 24, 8010, Graz, Austria
Intensive Care Med 34:1224-30. 2008....
- Interleukin-6 produced in subcutaneous adipose tissue is linked to blood pressure control in septic patientsDimas Ikeoka
Division of Endocrinology and Nuclear Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 15, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Cytokine 50:284-91. 2010..A multiple regression analysis disclosed that mean DBP was significantly related to IL-6 concentrations in SAT (B=-43.9; R-square=0.82; P=0.002)...
- Physiological hyperinsulinemia has no detectable effect on access of macromolecules to insulin-sensitive tissues in healthy humansHeinz Weinhandl
Division of Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Diabetes 56:2213-7. 2007..We investigated whether insulin has a stimulating effect on the access of macromolecules to insulin-sensitive tissues in humans as well...
- Lipid-heparin infusion suppresses the IL-10 response to trauma in subcutaneous adipose tissue in humansDimas T Ikeoka
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:715-21. 2011..2 ± 105.9 vs. lipid-heparin: 65.4 ± 15.4 pg/ml; P = 0.02). These data provide the first in vivo evidence that elevated NEFA can modulate cytokine production by adipose tissue...
- Subcutaneous adipose tissue exerts proinflammatory cytokines after minimal trauma in humansChristoph Pachler
Department of Internal Medicine, Diabetes and Metabolism, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E690-6. 2007..In conclusion, SAT exerts a highly reproducible and consistent proinflammatory cytokine response after minimally invasive trauma caused by the insertion of a catheter in humans...