Affiliation: Medical University of Vienna
- Voice impairment and menopauseBerit Schneider
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Menopause 11:151-8. 2004..The purpose of this study was both to register and differentiate voice alterations and disorders in menopausal women...
- Towards the expression of sex hormone receptors in the human vocal foldBerit Schneider
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Division of Phoniatrics Logopedics, University Hospital of Vienna, Austria
J Voice 21:502-7. 2007..The human larynx is assumed to be a steroid receptor target organ. There are only very limited data on the evidence of steroid receptors in the vocal folds, although voice alterations due to hormonal influence and treatment have been found...
- [Voice disorders in childhood]B Schneider-Stickler
Klinische Abteilung Phoniatrie Logopädie, Univ HNO Klinik, Medizinische Universität Wien, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, Vienna, Austria
HNO 60:590-4. 2012..If voice therapy fails, phonosurgical intervention is recommended, since vocal fold nodules can persist into adulthood with a negative impact on voice quality...
- Biofeedback on voice use in call center agents in order to prevent occupational voice disordersBerit Schneider-Stickler
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Division of Phoniatrics Logopedics, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Voice 26:51-62. 2012..Further, its impact on vocal attrition and vocal constitution should be investigated...
- Normative voice range profiles in vocally trained and untrained children aged between 7 and 10 yearsBerit Schneider
Division of Phoniatrics and Logopedics, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Voice 24:153-60. 2010..This underlines the necessity of regular singing lessons already in primary schools. The percentile VRP introduced might help to evaluate the vocal constitution and vocal capabilities of a child...
- Effects of vocal constitution and autonomic stress-related reactivity on vocal endurance in female student teachersBerit Schneider
Department of Otolaryngology, Division of Phoniatrics Logopedics, Vienna University Hospital, Vienna, Austria
J Voice 20:242-50. 2006..Thus, the increase of fundamental frequency of voice has to be regarded as a consequence of vocal fatigue. A constitutionally weak voice seems to be a risk factor for developing a professional voice disorder...
- Aerodynamic measurements in medialization thyroplastyBerit Schneider
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Clinical Department of Phoniatrics Logopedics, University Hospital, General Hospital of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Acta Otolaryngol 123:883-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of vocal fold medialization thyroplasty on the degree of laryngeal stenosis using selected aerodynamic parameters...
- Influence of glottal closure configuration on vocal efficacy in young normal-speaking womenBerit Schneider
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital of Vienna, School of Medicine, Wien, Austria
J Voice 17:468-80. 2003....
- Vocal risk factors for occupational voice disorders in female teaching studentsBerit Schneider
Division of Phoniatrics Logopedics of the Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 262:272-6. 2005..The results underline the necessity to execute vocal examinations and vocal assessment analyses for candidates of voice intensive professions in order to avoid profession-related dysphonias at a later stage...
- External vocal fold medialization in patients with recurrent nerve paralysis following cardiothoracic surgeryBerit Schneider
Section of Phoniatrics Logopedics, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, General Hospital, University Hospital of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 23:477-83. 2003..Due to insufficient glottal closure, dysphonia and dysphagia with aspiration may occur. The purpose of the study was to outline the effect of vocal fold medialization thyroplasty on voice, swallowing and breathing impairments...
- Effects of sinus lifting on voice quality. A prospective study and risk assessmentGabor Tepper
Department of Oral Surgery, Dental School of the University of Vienna, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Clin Oral Implants Res 14:767-74. 2003....
- The antimicrobial effect of Octenidine-dihydrochloride coated polymer tracheotomy tubes on Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa colonisationMichaela Zumtobel
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
BMC Microbiol 9:150. 2009..aureus and Pseudomonas (P.) aeruginosa colonization. Additionally the resistance of the OCT coating was tested using reprocessing procedures like brushing, rinsing and disinfection with glutaraldehyde..
- Functional results after external vocal fold medialization thyroplasty with the titanium vocal fold medialization implantBerit Schneider
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital of Vienna, School of Medicine, Vienna, Austria
Laryngoscope 113:628-34. 2003..The goal of the study was to outline the functional results after medialization thyroplasty with the titanium vocal fold medialization implant according to Friedrich...
- Acoustic assessment of the voice quality before and after medialization thyroplasty using the titanium vocal fold medialization implant (TVFMI)Berit Schneider
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Section of Phoniatrics Logopedics, University of Vienna, Vienna Medical School Austria, General Hospital, Veinna, Austria
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:815-22. 2003..Acoustic parameters were evaluated and compared to perceptual voice sound assessments before and after medialization thyroplasty using the titanium vocal fold medialization implant (TVFMI)...